Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?

Go down 
+4
GDPofDRC
cascade_run
Farmer1906
KingsOwn19
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? Empty
PostSubject: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Quote :
"From my understanding, they're going to offer him the rematch, and if it doesn't happen, it's not because of me," Thomson said. "I just want everyone to understand that."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29688/strikeforce-champ-melendez-to-be-offered-fourth-thomson-fight-healy-on-deck.mma
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 am

It's the best fight for him in Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:44 am

Melendez vs Thomson XIII coming to you in 2018. Only in Strikeforce Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:50 am

Get him in the UFC already
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Get him in the UFC already

+1 He's wasting away his prime years at Strikeforce.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:35 am

Don't want to see it, just wasting Gil's talent, Bendo V Gil that is the fight to make
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:39 am

I don't really care how many times they fight, each one has been good, that is what I want.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:32 am

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 pm

Healy looked like shit though, Thomson 4 makes more sense
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Gil is a good fighter, but I dont think he is UFC champ material.

I have him losing to Bendo, Maynard, Pettis, and Frankie.

I got him about even with Nate and Cowboy.

Then I see him handling guys like Guida, Miller, Dunham, Guillard with ease.

But not the champ.

With that said, if he came to the UFC he would get a unification fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Would and should get a unification bout. I think he beats Edgar, but Maynard and Bendo would be tough matches to pick along with a few others like Pettis.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Would and should get a unification bout. I think he beats Edgar, but Maynard and Bendo would be tough matches to pick along with a few others like Pettis.

Why do you think he beats Frankie? I could see Frankie vs. Gil going a lot like Frankie vs. Maynard. Just dont see Frankie getting a knockout over Gil.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Gil could KO him, but wouldn't bet on it. I think it is close but Gil is a little better or as good just about everywhere. I think Edgar is still overrated, about to be 2-4 in his last 6 when he losses to Bendo again. I think he overachieved at 155 the past couple of years and was fortunate in two of those decision victories. He could be champ again, but I have a hard time believing it will happen.

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Gonna agree. Mainly cause anything is possible. Bout to make a new thread with some matchups. Want to see everyones opinion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm

Anything is possible. Beauty of it.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I don't really care how many times they fight, each one has been good, that is what I want.

They have all been good, and imo Josh won the last one.

Is it the best thing for Gil's career? obviously not. UFC(and I rarely advocate this) is the logical progression, cause I do agree that motivation is becoming an issue with Gil. But the UFC is prob not going to happen anytime soon.

So what else is left? Thomson or Healy are the only guys who stand out, and Healy did not earn the shot on Sat. Maybe he earned it b4 that fight, but man that was a dud of a win.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:00 am

Is Eddie Alvarez completely out of the question?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 am

OU wrote:
Is Eddie Alvarez completely out of the question?

No idea, but that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?   Melendez vs. Thomson IV ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Melendez vs. Thomson IV ?
Page 1 of 1