Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas

Go down 
+11
SOKO
captain organic
Ludo
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
Farmer1906
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

Its gonna be a tough fight for cung but we all know he is fun to watch. Tito and Forrest aren't relevant, but that's a great grudge match that will bring viewers. This is the best card of the year either way.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:37 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Its gonna be a tough fight for cung but we all know he is fun to watch. Tito and Forrest aren't relevant, but that's a great grudge match that will bring viewers. This is the best card of the year either way.

I think we might see Cung in the best shape we have seen him in awhile. No huge long break between fights could do him some real good.

Rich might enjoy a pretty good size advantage, but I still don't see him just running through Cung. And even if he does, that's fun too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:31 pm

Victor Conte on the matter.

Quote :
“I am simply stunned that the NSAC granted Chael Sonnen a TUE for testosterone use today,” states Conte. “My opinion is that this ruling is outrageous. The bizarre part is that the NSAC rendered the condition of testing him after his upcoming fight to assure that his testosterone levels are not elevated. Anyone who understands how anabolic steroids work knows that an athlete does not perform at their peak while using steroids. For example, sprinters actually run much slower while on steroids because they cause muscle tightness. Steroids work by a process known as cell volumization and this makes an athlete's muscles tight or "pumped," which actually reduces functional muscle performance. The peak performance gains come 10-14 days after tapering off of testosterone. This is when an athlete becomes much more explosive and significantly faster. So testing an athlete at a time when he has tapered off a substance on purpose to maximize the performance benefits makes little sense. The period from 10 weeks out from a fight until 2 weeks out should be the targeted drug testing period. The NSAC seems to lack a basic understanding of the way testosterone is used by athletes. I also highly question that Sonnen was being truthful when he testified that he had not previously used anabolic steroids or testosterone. I believe the ruling made by the NSAC in the Sonnen case was not in the best interest of combat sports and it will encourage other fighters to use this approach to circumvent drug testing.”
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

I'm so tired of hearing this guy talk
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 1:51 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Why? Cause it's 100% true?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:09 pm

True or not, it's unfair for chael to. fight with low t. If his levels were elevated then it would be a problem. Until he gets a win and his levels are high then people can bitch. Until then im gonna sit here smiling about the fact that solve can no longer duck a guy from America that will take his belt.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Stupid predictive text! I meant silva, not solve.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:34 pm

captain organic wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Why? Cause it's 100% true?

No, because he's a grade-A douche
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:21 pm

He is a douche, so u have a point.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
You will need a special hybrid of a tracheotomy and Heimlich to remove Tito's 10 years past their prime balls from your throat so don't try to insinuate that him fighting the guileless ghost of one chronically overrated Forrest Griffin is some spectacle worthy of significant interest. And what the fuck are you talking about Le beat Shamrock to get here. If you know about fighting you would know that happened over 50 months ago in twilight of Shamrock's career where he went lost 3 of his last four in the SF/Shaw days, and that Frank was favored to win that fight nearly 2 to 1 I recall. Prove your not and idiot and explain why that is relevant to a fight on July 7th, 2012. Fact is if Le doesn't KO Frankin in Anderson Silva speed, as in in the first round, he is gonna do exactly what Wanderlei and Smith did to Le later in the fight. That's great you wanna wage part of an argument on 'if Le was younger', but doing so is about as bomb-diggity as your credibility in a discussion, he isn't younger, he will turn 40 on Friday of this week and will be on pace to stay consistent with his activity of the past 3 years in having his one fight of the year this July.

That being said, I'll give you another chance if you're interested to demonstrate to me you're not an idiot. How is this comment, from over a month ago, when the full card matchups were not announced or finalized, just these four, relevant to bring up today as a starting point for an argument?

I am an MMA fan, so I like awesome match ups. Le vs Franklin is awesome and again, if you know about fight, there is no way Le would be a huge dog at any time in this fight. His age and size will be the reason Le loses probably, but at range is where Franklin likes to fight, and if he keeps it there, he will be cut to tiny little pieces by the vastly superior skillset of Cung Le. Tito vs Forrest is a fight between two legends who have put on awesome fights every time they've fought, and will likely do it again in a match that is important for each of their legacies.

I guess it comes from being an MMA fan and enjoying the sport. I donno.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Dana White won't like the sound of this. According to a Tatame report, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva
suffered a knee injury in training. He will be assessed later today,
but it's very possible that it could impact his July 7th bout with Chael Sonnen at UFC 148:

UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva was honored by Brazilian
Taekwondo Confederation this Monday, but the day wasn't all about good
news.

The fighter revealed to the press that he got his knee injured on a
training session, and that he's getting tested today to see how serious
it is. Despite that, the champion was not limping during the ceremony,
and seemed optimistic about the recovery.

The headline of the Tatame piece states that Anderson says the bout
is still on, but that is not stated explicitly in the article itself. We
will just have to wait and see what the deal is. If he is indeed too
injured to take part in the Sonnen bout on July 7th, that would
obviously be a devastating blow to the card.

Update - Anderson tweeted a picture of himself training a few minutes ago and basically said that he's okay. Here's the translation by BE member mollcutpurse:

Folks, my knee’s doing very well, thanks! Relax, July 7th I’ll be doing my job. Oss.

SBN coverage of UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Another built-in excuse. So Silva
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Just like the rib. Blackhouse always has some excuse.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2012 9:02 pm

If that makes you boys feel better, great. Sonnen is still gonna lose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3