Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas

Go down 
+11
SOKO
captain organic
Ludo
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
josh200612
OU
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
Farmer1906
Ninja
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:02 pm

It is a great card, just disappointing. But Chael was in top form during the announcement.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 pm

"You want to know how I got into the country? I put one of these on, and they thought I was Noguiera"

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 ArQZJsoCEAIe5ZB
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Ludo wrote:
"You want to know how I got into the country? I put one of these on, and they thought I was Noguiera"

One of his better lines of late.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Ludo wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Ludo wrote:

Sleep
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Looks like Aldo is going to be moved to the Brazil card (147)
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Pre-fight grade

Silva vs. Sonnen II - 10/10 for sure
Tito vs. Griffin III - 5/10
Bisping vs. The Barbarian - 8/10 should be co-main
Ace vs. Cung Le - 5/10
Maia vs. Stun Gun - 5/10

Overall 64/100 = officially below average main card.

fight of the night son
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Good for you, good for you.

Easy win for a marginally enticing old fighter over a clearly over matched even older fighter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 pm

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 398791_10150828471106276_46299886275_12375049_1753498651_n
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Spider keepin dat belt
Urijah gettin dat belt
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 pm

I can't believe no one has posted this gif

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=641&filename=9qn

Chael yet again making Silva shit his pants.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:24 am

Anderson looked like he feel asleep standings the 2nd time and Dana's pat barely wakes him up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:25 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/25/2974075/nsac-licensing-chael-sonnen-ufc-148-anderson-silva
Quote :
"Last time, I would not issue (Sonnen) an administrative license, so that forced him if he wanted to to go to a hearing," he said. "He chose not to do that - probably the wise move. "This time, I don't see a problem giving it to him administratively, but that would be the chairman's call. If he says, 'Keith, you're free to do so,' I will do so. If he says, 'Keith, I want him on a commission meeting,' he'll be on a commission meeting."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:19 pm

josh200612 wrote:
I can't believe no one has posted this gif

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 Scaled.php?tn=0&server=641&filename=9qn

Chael yet again making Silva shit his pants.

If Andy sharted why didn't he flinch ?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Why this rivalry towards Anderson?

Rivalry comes with the challenge. He’s a fraud, phony and I’m not gonna stand before him. I had to grow up with this crap, I had to grow up with Mike Tyson’s crap. They tried to tell us Mike was the best fighter in the world, but in the reality he was never the best fighter in our country. The whole time Evander Holyfield was there. Every single day of Mike Tyson’s life that he held the world championship belt, Evander Holyfield was there and could beat him in every one of those days. Every single day that Anderson has the world championship, I’ve been here. We’re not from different genres, generations, we don’t have a big age gap. There’s not one day of his life he’s been the best fighter in the world. I’m the best and I’ve always been.

Does it matter where the fight happens?

I fight anywhere. I don’t bother were it happens. I was never like that. The fight can happen in any place. I’ll beat Anderson Silva next time he stares at me like that.

How did you feel when Anderson said you’re just a wrestler and not a mixed martial artist?

I think it’s a compliment. I am a martial artist mixture or anything else you wanna say. I don’t wear little cocky pajamas, I don’t bowl, I don’t lay on my back looking to somebody up. I’m a pugilist, I’m a fist fighter, I’m a gangster from the mean streets of Oregon.

Why you keep saying bad things about Brazil when you don’t really know the country?

Why don’t you ask Anderson why he let me say those things about you guys for so long? Why don’t you guys ask Anderson why he’s a Brazilian when it’s convenient? When the reality is he was made rich by a North American company, famous by a North American company, bought a 2 million dollars mansion in North America so he can leave Brazil the first chance he gets. Why don’t you guys ask him that? He’s Brazilian when it’s convenient.

Where’s your Palmeiras t-shirt?

My Palmeiras t-shirt is on my gym bag. I practice in it.

You plan to use it before or after the fight?

I wear it all the time. I was hoping this fight would be in Sao Paulo and after I stop Anderson Silva on July 7th, we’ll come back to Brazil for part three. Hopefully that will be in Sao Paulo.

You’re training with a Brazilian, Vinny Magalhaes. In what why is he helping you?

He’s helping me with everything. He’s fantastic. We got a good plan and we’ll come out and use it. He’s adding stuff to the arsenal as it is.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:20 pm

After this event, a lot of people are going to feel very very foolish
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
You mean when Sonnen is knocked out cold and all this noise is over for good?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:29 pm

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Exactamente
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:33 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Exactamente
I think they all know this is just a man trying to make that money. He has done more for his career with his mouth then any other fighter in MMA history. He has done a wonderful job of remaining relevant despite a lengthy suspension. His mouth is extremely annoying as a fan who knows better, but it's a brilliant career move by the man. But reality check is coming.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:58 pm

If Chael did his geometry studies during his suspension, I think he beats Anderson by either decision, or stoppage. Dont see Anderson tapping out, nor do I see Anderson being knocked out. But I do see Chael winning.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Nevada just issued Sonnen a therapeutic use exemption(TUE) with TRT for the upcoming Silva fight. A TUE does not allow you to test outside of normal ranges. It only allows for presence of synthetics.

He will be subject to testing one wek before the fight and one day after.

Diaz ruling to come later.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:37 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Pre-fight grade

Ace vs. Cung Le - 5/10
Maia vs. Stun Gun - 5/10

You're a hater. This is one of the best of the year. Tito vs Forrest is a legend fight and the rubber match of a trilogy that has only produced bomb diggity fights. We got two former MW champs of major organizations battling it out. Le beat Shamrock to get there, so stop acting like he isn't a suitable fight for Franklin, and if Le were younger, he'd be a huge favorite as technical strikers have always smashed Rich Franklin. Even the Le that fought Shamrock would be expected to win that fight. If you know about fighting that is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:07 am

Great card even if Cung wasn't on it. I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:20 am

You will need a special hybrid of a tracheotomy and Heimlich to remove Tito's 10 years past their prime balls from your throat so don't try to insinuate that him fighting the guileless ghost of one chronically overrated Forrest Griffin is some spectacle worthy of significant interest. And what the fuck are you talking about Le beat Shamrock to get here. If you know about fighting you would know that happened over 50 months ago in twilight of Shamrock's career where he went lost 3 of his last four in the SF/Shaw days, and that Frank was favored to win that fight nearly 2 to 1 I recall. Prove your not and idiot and explain why that is relevant to a fight on July 7th, 2012. Fact is if Le doesn't KO Frankin in Anderson Silva speed, as in in the first round, he is gonna do exactly what Wanderlei and Smith did to Le later in the fight. That's great you wanna wage part of an argument on 'if Le was younger', but doing so is about as bomb-diggity as your credibility in a discussion, he isn't younger, he will turn 40 on Friday of this week and will be on pace to stay consistent with his activity of the past 3 years in having his one fight of the year this July.

That being said, I'll give you another chance if you're interested to demonstrate to me you're not an idiot. How is this comment, from over a month ago, when the full card matchups were not announced or finalized, just these four, relevant to bring up today as a starting point for an argument?

GDPofDRC wrote:
Pre-fight grade

Ace vs. Cung Le - 5/10
Maia vs. Stun Gun - 5/10

The card today looks like this:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen (for middleweight title)
Renan Barao vs. Urijah Faber (for interim bantamweight title)
Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz
Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)

Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau
Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou
Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard
John Alessio vs. Shane Roller

And yeah, I know you are wondering, that is a rhetorical question.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 11:32 am

Im not big on Tito vs Forrest.

But I think Cung vs Ace could be good fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas    Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Silva vs. Sonnen II likely in Vegas
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next