Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Go down 
+6
Bigs03
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
cheekynffc
OU
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
That doesn't mean it isn't boring as shit to sit there and watch. Any "sport" in the world requires a lot of practice, that doesn't mean they make for exciting television that is worth a damn to waste hours watching
Being exciting for ADD fans and not requiring skill are two different things. I guess I have more respect for your argument then Dana's. If you don't enjoy watching it, fine. But don't got full retard and claim these guys don't have any kind of skill.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:28 pm

Ali wrote:
Watch some of the high profile Premier League games and tell me it's boring.

Soccer is boring. I know that you don't have the luxury of high quality football and basketball to watch over there, so its more difficult to understand, but we have much better options over here in the states. Hoops, real football, baseball, hockey, combat sports viewing entertainment >>>>> soccer. I'd rather watch billiards
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:39 pm

In all honestly I tried to get into soccer the last time the world cup came around. I watched the games and felt pride when America lost and was pissed when we blew it. But that was due to me being competitive and patriotic. Its just a slow, boring game. Its not for me and most Americans. It has very little to do with how good our national team is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:39 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Soccer is boring. I know that you don't have the luxury of high quality football and basketball to watch over there, so its more difficult to understand, but we have much better options over here in the states. Hoops, real football, baseball, hockey, combat sports viewing entertainment >>>>> soccer. I'd rather watch billiards

We do have the options of watching NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, Nascar etc, problem is they're on at like 2 am UK time.

I like Basketball it's just hard for me to dedicate myself because of the time difference.

If you actually sit down with an open mind and watch a game between Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea you wouldn't call the sport boring.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:41 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Another good point. Football is king and baseball & basketball are huge too. Soccer is down there with golf, nascar, hockey, and combat sports.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Soccer is fun, but not for everyone, you gotta be in shape and be coordinated. My lungs suck at it these days, but was playing a lot of indoor a couple of years back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:02 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Soccer is boring as fuck to watch. That's why Americans hate. There's nothing more to it

you lap up baseball and basketball
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:03 pm

Baseball is the most boring mainstream pro sport there is on TV, golf is more interesting than baseball.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Soccer is fun, but not for everyone, you gotta be in shape and be coordinated. My lungs suck at it these days, but was playing a lot of indoor a couple of years back.
Indoor is fun because you can use the wall for trick passes/shots and shit. Also a much smaller field so less cardio. Always had fun playing indoor.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:07 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
Soccer is boring as fuck to watch. That's why Americans hate. There's nothing more to it

Because they are more fun to watch obv
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:14 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Baseball more fun to watch? I'm a far bigger baseball fan then I am soccer. But you can see why foreigners would consider that to be crazy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Baseball is the most boring mainstream pro sport there is on TV, golf is more interesting than baseball.

+1

I would rather have a root canal than watch Baseball.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

baseball is the most effective cure for insomnia i've come across as yet.

basketball is just netball for black men and fuck all happens until the last two minutes anyway.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:40 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

basketball is just netball for black men and fuck all happens until the last two minutes anyway.
Don't fight ignorance with ignorance.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:45 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Don't fight ignorance with ignorance.

apologies,

fuck all happens until the last two minutes unless one team has a good lead, in which case fuck all happens for the whole game.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 pm

This years March Madness hasn't been on par with some in the past. But back and forth intense battles, winner goes home, buzzer beaters, man you gotta love that shit. I might agree that the NBA regular season can be hit and miss. But NCAA and NBA post season games are great. Seeing stars become super stars under the big lights is good shit.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:59 pm

OU wrote:
This years March Madness hasn't been on par with some in the past. But back and forth intense battles, winner goes home, buzzer beaters, man you gotta love that shit. I might agree that the NBA regular season can be hit and miss. But NCAA and NBA post season games are great. Seeing stars become super stars under the big lights is good shit.

each to their own i suppose, i don't know why i bother getting into these arguments as nobody ever changes anybodies mind hahaha. football (soccer), cricket and rugby union were the main sports i used to play as a kid, i don't need to ask what you yanks think about those hahaha.

i was also a keen player of tennis and boxing which will be more familiar.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:01 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:

each to their own i suppose, i don't know why i bother getting into these arguments as nobody ever changes anybodies mind hahaha. football (soccer), cricket and rugby union were the main sports i used to play as a kid, i don't need to ask what you yanks think about those hahaha.

The sport I was always best at was soccer. It's the only sport I continued to play in High School. Well I quit wrestling in 9th grade which at the time in my town was still Jr.High. I was travling around Oklahoma and North Texas playing soccer since I was about 8 years old until I quit playing when I was 17. Started playing locally when I was 4.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:05 pm

OU wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
OU wrote:

The sport I was always best at was soccer. It's the only sport I continued to play in High School. Well I quit wrestling in 9th grade which at the time in my town was still Jr.High. I was travling around Oklahoma and North Texas playing soccer since I was about 8 years old until I quit playing when I was 17. Started playing locally when I was 4.

i was one of those who was decent at most sports but not outstanding at any, i tend to pick up technique very well but i'm not a natural athlete.

if i had a talent for anything it was probably field hockey but that was well down the list of sports i enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:10 pm

I was decent at everything. But it's tough to play multiple sports as you get older. In soccer we had 2 season a year for our traveling squad and we still had the school team. Wrestling and soccer started overlapping and I was a much much better soccer player then I was wrestler. Gave up basketball to start wrestling since they took place at the exact same time and I was extremely short for my age. 4"11 in 7th grade. Baseball just got phased out because I was more into other sports.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:31 pm

OU wrote:
I was decent at everything. But it's tough to play multiple sports as you get older. In soccer we had 2 season a year for our traveling squad and we still had the school team. Wrestling and soccer started overlapping and I was a much much better soccer player then I was wrestler. Gave up basketball to start wrestling since they took place at the exact same time and I was extremely short for my age. 4"11 in 7th grade. Baseball just got phased out because I was more into other sports.

you're not joking,

there comes a point where you have to earn a living, a point where you're more interested in girls, booze and drugs, a point where you have too many responsibilities and a point where your body starts breaking down.

i was able to play football into my 30's as i was never the type of player that relied on speed anyway and i still play cricket but i had to give other sports up due to work/personal commitments and assorted injuries years ago.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:54 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Chicks dig the long ball
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
cheekynffc wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Chicks dig the long ball
[youtube]