Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'

Go down 
+6
Bigs03
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
GDPofDRC
cheekynffc
OU
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:31 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/3/22/2893170/ufc-dana-white-soccer-least-talented-sport-on-earth
Q: As you know, we love our hockey here. And it remains the only other pro sport that allows fighting. Curious as to your thoughts on fighting in hockey?

A: I'm not a big hockey fan. But I respect how talented you have to be to play hockey. Soccer? That's a whole other ball. Can't stand soccer. It's the least-talented sport on Earth. There's a reason three-year-olds can play soccer. When you're playing a game when the net is that big and the score is 3-1 (and that's a blowout) are you kidding me? You know how untalented you have to be to score three times when the net is that big? Now back to hockey. You have guys on skates with crooked sticks and you have to hit a puck into a net that's the same size as the goalie. And at any time someone could take your head right off your shoulders and it's perfectly legal. That's a real sport that takes real talent, speed and all the things you need to be a real athlete. Now fighting is a part of hockey and has been since Day 1. It's part of the game. It is what it is. I think we live in a world now where everything has been so pussy-fied. When I grew up we didn't wear helmets when we rode our bikes. We didn't have car seats. We didn't have all this stuff. Now things are safer and we should be safer but let's not go overboard. Fighting's a part of hockey. Period.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:43 am

my god,

does dana whites intelligence know no bounds?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:46 am

I'm sure he isn't saying this same shit when he is doing interviews in Brazil. I'm sure he loves soccer fans when they fill those 80K seats in Rio.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:54 am

you never know with him.

engaging mouth before brain is a bit of a habit of his.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 am

He so jazzercise
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Agree with Dana. Soccer is for girls and little kids. Obviously girls and little kids aren't talented athletically.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:29 pm

Speak it Dana!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Agree with Dana. Soccer is for girls and little kids. Obviously girls and little kids aren't talented athletically.

It's also the sport that almost cost us maybe the top p4p fighter in the World today. Jose Aldo could have easily picked the soccer route over MMA. But that guy is a shitty athlete.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm

Obviously Dana has never watched a Barcelona or Spain game.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Who would. Boring as shit
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:53 pm

American's get soccer fever every 4 years. But then they pretend it sucks the rest of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm

OU wrote:
American's get soccer fever every 4 years. But then they pretend it sucks the rest of the time.

They're missing out.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Because it does. Soccer is awful
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Dana is wrong, Darts is easily the least talented sport on Earth !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:06 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
If America ever got a decent squad together and made a run the US fans would go crazy.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:08 pm

Anyone who would say such an ignorant thing has never played the game.

What, a 3 year old can't fight???
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
If America ever got a decent squad together and made a run the US fans would go crazy.

Only because of the humor of having America win the sport that everyone else cares about
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

It's the cool thing for Americans to hate on soccer. Because we suck at it at the highest level. People like Dana White and Bobbitt have never experienced the game at a higher level then grade school and don't understand the kind of conditioning and skill it takes to play at the professional level. Nothing more then ignorance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:12 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

The problem is not your national team, it's your domestic league. For years your national squad has been pretty good, your league is mediocre and is geniunly viewed as a retirement home for European greats who're over the hill.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Soccer is boring as fuck to watch. That's why Americans hate. There's nothing more to it
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:16 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Soccer is boring as fuck to watch. That's why Americans hate. There's nothing more to it
That's just like someone saying BJJ or wrestling is boring because they don't understand what they are seeing. When you educate yourself you have a higher appreciation for the skill you are seeing. You sound the same as the guys that hate ground fighting because they don't want to see "two guys humping".
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 pm

There's nothing to educate myself on. I know how the game of soccer is played. Too bad it sucks to watch so I don't give a shit about turning it on

Should I educate myself on how hard it is to drive in a circle so I become enthralled by Nascar too?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
There's nothing to educate myself on. I know how the game of soccer is played. Too bad it sucks to watch so I don't give a shit about turning it on

Should I educate myself on how hard it is to drive in a circle so I become enthralled by Nascar too?
If that is the extent of you NASCAR knowledge then yes. Those mother fuckers are crazy and that takes a ton of skill. Ignorance is bliss.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:23 pm

That doesn't mean it isn't boring as shit to sit there and watch. Any "sport" in the world requires a lot of practice, that doesn't mean they make for exciting television that is worth a damn to waste hours watching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:26 pm

Watch some of the high profile Premier League games and tell me it's boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'    Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana White: Soccer Is 'The Least Talented Sport On Earth'
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next