Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley

Go down 
+8
Primetyme199
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
killerofchicken
Ludo
bobbitt15
OU
12 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley Empty
PostSubject: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:36 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/23/2728019/report-fedor-emelianenko-to-fight-bobby-lashley-in-2012
After going 2-0 in 2011 on the regional circuit, Bobby Lashley is reportedly in talks to fight the 'Last Emperor'. Fighter's Only Magazine spoke with Lashley about this potential fight.

"I'm going to throw everything at him that I can. Of course, my
wrestling's there, I don't give a damn what he's doing. I'd put my
wrestling up there with almost anyone right now."

"I think that my wrestling would trump some of the things that he
has. I know he's a great fighter, but if I fought him then of course I'm
going to try and wrestle him down... If it was Dave [Bautista], I'm
standing and banging with him. I've been doing a lot of boxing."

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Lashley by pecs
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Freakshow fights from now on for Fedor? Weak.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Ludo wrote:
what else is there outside of Zuffa? not much really
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:49 pm

I'd rather see Lashley vs Hershel Walker.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Ludo wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 4:56 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Go resign with SF (zuffa I know), join Ballator and fight Cole Konrad, or fight Duffee at least.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Ludo wrote:

Go resign with SF (zuffa I know), join Ballator and fight Cole Konrad, or fight Duffee at least.
I'd rather see him fight Sergei. What about Head Hunter? Petruzelli? Ivanov would have some story to it since he beat Fedor in Sambo.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Of the M-1 stable...

You got a 6'1" 255lbs Kenny Garner who has the M-1 Interim Strap. He's a sloppy fighter, 8-3 who generally KO's his opponents.

Guram Gugenishvili at 6'5" 250. He was gonna fight Garner and likely would of beat him, again, but Grishin had to fill in. He is a submission fighter, 10 of them going 11-0.

Another interesting guy might be Magomed Malikov. He is the same size as Fedor and KOd 5 of his seven opponents, with just one loss. And, he just KO'd Aleks a couple of weeks ago.

I don't think you can entirely rule out Arlovski or even Sylvia at Pro Elite either. Other guys I could see popping in out of nowhere, Sergei Kharitonov, Eddie Sanchez, Damian Grabowski, Shamil Abdurahimov, James Thompson and Dion Staring.

GDPofDRC wrote:
Wiuff is an interesting name in that he has almost 60 professional wins now. He is at least still top 50 in my eyes. He is much like a Monson in the division in that regard but with a focus on wrecking over subbing, and he is monstrous in size. Whitehead is a joke to for someone to name in fighting rumors for Fedor, I'm not high on that idea as much, but if Fedor wants to fight and the door is open for challengers to come calling, I guess it could happen.

But if non-suffa names are to start rolling out, it becomes slim

The GG guys, Val, Reem, Elmino
Don't know the details of Cole Konrad's contract, but it seems like he never fights. Bellator
AA
Pedro Rizzo
Shamil Abdurahimov
Gabriel Gonzaga
Peter Graham
Damian Grabowski
Ricco Rodriguez
Glover Teixeira
Jeff Monson beat him
Tim Sylvia
Abe Wagner
Satoshi Ishii - Dream
Guram Gugenishvili - M-1
Stipe Miocec
Gilbert yvel
Dion Staring - Ultimate Glory
Paul Buentello
Todd Duffee - Dream
Marcio Cruz
Maxim Grishin
Thiago Santos - Bellator
Jake OBrien - Dream

ANy of these guys still, Lashley himself isn't above a match with any of these guys. Not ideal, but it is a fight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:16 pm

add Ishii to the "beat him" list. Didn't add Tex because last I heard he was Zuffa bound?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Weak sauce here...
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:56 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Weak sauce here...

I don't feel comfortable with you using that term...
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:48 am

Can't find the post or article but I remember his handler saying he was only going to be fighting quality fighters. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:51 am

Primetyme199 wrote:
Can't find the post or article but I remember his handler saying he was only going to be fighting quality fighters. Rolling Eyes

Yeah I remember that too.... weak
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 am

LOL we all knew Fedor was gonna go this route don't act surprised. His management is shit.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Why don't they see if Mark Kerr is available?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Lashley by power bomb.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:04 pm

If Lashley wins LOL I will troll this place with his WWE stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:07 pm

josh200612 wrote:
If Lashley wins LOL I will troll this place with his WWE stuff.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 12:08 pm

The MMA world will implode
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:19 pm

If Lashley won, it wouldn't matter, it wouldn't matter who is was. If Fedor does anything other than win, it is all about Fedor and nothing else. That's how it is when you've climbed the mountain. The love and hate after the peak is testimony to the ascension which will always trump and yet still be overlooked by the descent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 1:53 pm

It will be interesting to see Lashley's wrestling atleast before he's huffing 3 minutes in
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 3:49 pm

This is a pointless fight. Like others said, go fight Sergei, Konrad, etc. There are legit heavyweights outside of Zuffa for him to fight.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 4:04 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
This is a pointless fight. Like others said, go fight Sergei, Konrad, etc. There are legit heavyweights outside of Zuffa for him to fight.

Yeah, but then fedor would lose and M-1 doesn't want that. Fedor vs cans is all he can do now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:16 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/1/25/2733154/fedor-emelianenkos-management-throws-cold-water-on-bobby-lashley
"There are currently no concrete conversations about Bobby being the
next opponent for Fedor," Kogan wrote, adding that Emelianenko probably
will fight two or three times this year. Possible locations for the
summer fight include Monaco and Russia, according to Kogan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley   Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Fedor vs Bobby Lashley
Page 1 of 1