Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+12
OU
Ludo
Birdofthad
oggy420
josh200612
KingsOwn19
timthebim
ChickyChicky
killerofchicken
Cu Bu
captain organic
Ziggy116
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 9:08 pm

ha ha can't wait
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:04 am

http://www.slashfilm.com/reservoir-dogs-and-pulp-fiction-going-back-to-theaters-for-one-night-in-december/

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs will be making a one-night stand in a theater near you this December.

What in the hell is Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs you're probably asking.. check it out.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:09 am

I still have Pulp Fiction on my DVR. Reservoir Dogs was hyped to me as the best movie ever so I was actually pretty disappointed when I saw it. Watched it about 6 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:08 pm

OU wrote:
I still have Pulp Fiction on my DVR. Reservoir Dogs was hyped to me as the best movie ever so I was actually pretty disappointed when I saw it. Watched it about 6 years ago.

Stop watching movies.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:

Stop watching movies.

And then pour beer on your VCR
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:

Stop watching movies.

He don't even watch them anyways.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

Recent watches

American Reunion - fit in with the rest. Good if you take it for what it is.

2016 Obama's America - learned a lot about Obama. Good if you're into politics especially if you're not an Obama fan.

Cabin in the Woods - Not a fan. Wasn't scary. Interesting idea, but was executed right.

I plan on watching Insidious next and not sure whats next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Goon - eh ok, decent for killing time. Nice to see Liev Schreiber having some fun for a change. 3/5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 am

josh200612 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:

Stop watching movies.

Damn, easy dickweeds. I didn't say it wasn't a good movie. Just not the best movie ever made. I liked it more then Once Upon A Time in America and I enjoyed that movie. It just wasn't even remotely close to best movie ever and over hyped to me big time before viewing it. Good movie, not a great movie IMO.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:31 am

YOU WILL DIE!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:38 am

Does anyone really put it up there with The Godfather? I have it closer to Goodfellas.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:53 am

I think it's probably in the grand scheme of things around in the top 50 of all time greatest movies ever made, in the top 1 percentile isn't going far enough to praise its quality. Especially when you consider it's tiny budget and that it primarily entertains soley on the brilliance performances of the actors and the uniquely told plot a course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 3:13 pm

OU wrote:
josh200612 wrote:
Ludo wrote:
OU wrote:

Stop watching movies.

Damn, easy dickweeds. I didn't say it wasn't a good movie. Just not the best movie ever made. I liked it more then Once Upon A Time in America and I enjoyed that movie. It just wasn't even remotely close to best movie ever and over hyped to me big time before viewing it. Good movie, not a great movie IMO.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:17 am

Anybody seen Could Atlas yet? It has been getting sterling reviews from people I know who typically are more into ripping on every movie they see then giving praise to movies they actually like.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:45 am

I hear it bombed.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:48 pm

It didn't make a lot of money this weekend so it is probably not good.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:50 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:51 pm

Some of the criticism I've read has a familiar sound to it. "it was too complicated for me to understand. I no like!"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Some of the criticism I've read has a familiar sound to it. "it was too complicated for me to understand. I no like!"
Quote :
Its challenging material -- the adaptation of David Mitchell's sprawling sci-fi 2004 novel tells six interweaving stories -- and nearly three-hour run time may have proved daunting to some. It earned just a "C+" CinemaScore from audiences who were 77 percent over 25 years of age and 51 percent male.

"Clearly the upscale market is leading the charge," Fellman said, "and that's where we'll try to build it going forward." He noted strong numbers out of Canada, and said that he thought the film was likely to play more strongly overseas than in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Chernobyl Diaries

Not bad. I was actually surprised what they delivered for the budget, $1million. Actually filming in Pripyat itself was a boost, just a genuinely creepy area. Liked Devin Kelley and Jonathan Sadowski's performance for the movie.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 4:00 pm

OU wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Quote :
Its challenging material -- the adaptation of David Mitchell's sprawling sci-fi 2004 novel tells six interweaving stories -- and nearly three-hour run time may have proved daunting to some. It earned just a "C+" CinemaScore from audiences who were 77 percent over 25 years of age and 51 percent male.

"Clearly the upscale market is leading the charge," Fellman said, "and that's where we'll try to build it going forward." He noted strong numbers out of Canada, and said that he thought the film was likely to play more strongly overseas than in the U.S.

Sounds like something the "I prefer to not take my brain to movies" crowd will crap their bed about. Can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:04 pm

Argo or a Wachowski Brothers production hmm tough choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:53 pm

Quote :
And what about Mel Gibson, how was he?

"Unbelievable professional. He brings everything to the table.

"I have a sword fight with him in Machete Kills, and when they called action I threw my sword down and said 'Are you kidding? I'm not fighting William Wallace, that's crazy!'"
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 3:01 am

So Cloud Atlas...

I thought it was exceptional. Kinda hard to describe, like a profound experience or something.

Didn't fully know what to expect, it sounded good as well as interesting. I got something much more then good and my interest has grown exponentially since finishing this viewing.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:06 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
So Cloud Atlas...

I thought it was exceptional. Kinda hard to describe, like a profound experience or something.

Didn't fully know what to expect, it sounded good as well as interesting. I got something much more then good and my interest has grown exponentially since finishing this viewing.
You think this movie will eventually pick up some steam?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next