Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
jimbojones1950
acccardinal12
killerofchicken
Primetyme199
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
OU
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out Empty
PostSubject: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 pm

No one in the World thinks Brock vs Reem will go 5 rounds. If by some miracle it makes it to the later rounds, that is going to be some god awful shit to watch.
On the other hand, Cowboy vs Diaz has a great chance to go the distance. At the same time I bet they could put together a classic 5 round fight.
It just fits much better and helps both fights.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:21 pm

I agree with you 100%. In addition, I hope Cerrone beats the shit out of Diaz.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:23 pm

I disagree. HW title eliminator between a top 10 and a top 5 combatant > LW matchup between top 20 non-contender and top 10 fighter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:27 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I disagree. HW title eliminator between a top 10 and a top 5 combatant > LW matchup between top 20 non-contender and top 10 fighter.
Yeah I know, it is clearly a more important matchup and more deserving of headliner status.
However as a fan that will be buying this event. The entertainment value goes up if the number of rounds is reversed. It's a complete waste having Reem-Brock being a 5 round fight. Makes me sad when I know the potential a Cowboy-Diaz 5 rounder would look like.
However I realize that simply can't happen, but it doesn't change the actual value of the fight itself so that is why I WISH it was possible.

Last edited by OU on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

I don't think Cerrone / Diaz goes the distance.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:28 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I don't think Cerrone / Diaz goes the distance.
But it has a much higher possibility then Brock-Reem. Much much much higher.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

But but but

OU wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
So many questions with each guy in this fight. Whatever happens it should be exciting one way or the other.
I expect this to be a short fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Not following?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 pm

i see where you are coming from, i really do but this would NEVER happen, considering it's the BIGGEST draw they have and who he's fighting, they would lose heaps of money if they had it that way
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:34 pm

I know why it CAN'T. But just saying why it SHOULD. My logic is undeniable. Reem-Brock as a 5 rounder is LOL and Cerrone-Diaz as only 3 is sad face.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:40 pm

But you think Brock vs Reem is gonna be a short fight. Barring a miracle.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
But you think Brock vs Reem is gonna be a short fight. Barring a miracle.
Exactly my point. This fight WON'T go 5 rounds. So 5 rounds is wasted on them, which is more disappointing when the "co-main event"(it was given that status) has the poential to be a 5 round classic. If a miracle happens and Reem-Brock goes 5 rounds. We all lose, no one wants to see those pathetic last rounds of wheezing. So we have wasted rounds that could be put to better use.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:44 pm

But cerrone vs Diaz is only gonna last 3 minutes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
But cerrone vs Diaz is only gonna last 3 minutes.
It's highly probable that Diaz-Cerrone will go longer then Reem-Lesnar. I think everyone that has a single ounce of knowledge on these fights would agree. Odds are Diaz-Cerrone is going to last longer. That really isn't debatable.
Not only that everyone would also agree that the 4th and 5th rounds(if they made it that far) of Diaz-Cerrone would be far more entertaining then Reem-Brock. These really aren't even debatable.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Both fights are not going to see the third round.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:00 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Both fights are not going to see the third round.
That is possible. But IF one of those 2 fights were going to go 5 rounds(assuming they are both 5 round fights), which fight would you think goes to the final rounds? I won't put you on par with other Diaz haters but even the younger, less talented Diaz has shown a great chin and as much as I love Diaz I don't see being able to finish Cowboy. You know the answer to the question asked, let's be real. 1 of these fights COULD go the distance, 1 of these fights would clearly be more entertaining in later rounds then the other. It's not even multiple choice, one possible answer.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Cerrone and Diaz are better finishers. Nothing about this matchup makes me think neither of these guys cannot and will not be finished within a couple of rounds.

Reem and Lesnar are easily finished. One of them is gonna go down before 10 minutes is up. Can't see it going any other way.

It's a wash.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm

I think you just being difficult, which I prefer to help me pass time. What you said is true about them being better finishers however they are both very difficult to finish. They have both only been stopped 1 time. So I guess both have shown that they can be sub'd, but I have a hard time thinking either guy could finish with a TKO. So while it's possible, I still say it's unlikely. 75% chance Diaz-Cerrone goes to the judges.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:12 pm

0.0001% chance Lesnar-Reem goes the distance. I suppose anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

FUCK IT! CO-MAIN EVENTS, both 5 rounds!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 2:41 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
FUCK IT! CO-MAIN EVENTS, both 5 rounds!
I'm down.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Personally, Diaz vs. Cerrone is the fight I'm most looking foward to on this card. While Lesnar vs. Overeem is intriguing, I cannot see it being a "better" fight then Diaz vs. Cerrone. Thats going to be a war!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
Personally, Diaz vs. Cerrone is the fight I'm most looking foward to on this card. While Lesnar vs. Overeem is intriguing, I cannot see it being a "better" fight then Diaz vs. Cerrone. Thats going to be a war!
This guy knows his shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Sick sick sick fight.

Cowboy going to brand that cattle's ass.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 pm

There's pretty much always going to be a lighter weight fight that would probably be more suited to 5 rounds but that doesn't mean they are going to switch things around. Plus you never know what's possible in these fights. I doubt many thought Hendo and Shogun would go 5 and especially at the pace that it did
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out   Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboy vs Diaz should be the main event, hear me out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next