Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
oggy420
Ninja
OU
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
Farmer1906
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:18 pm

I must be the only one happy with rashad vs phillip
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Quote:

"I think he's the same old Rashad, which is very dangerous, very
skilled. He's definitely gotten better over the years but I think he's
the same old guy."

"The problem is that we're both known for excellent wrestling, but
only one of us actually has it. So, I'm thinking about using the
wrestling and mixing it up and doing what I can."

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Ariel Helwani
@arielhelwani

All of a sudden, I can't wait for
Evans-Davis. Evans said Davis isn't a real fighter ... seems like real
heat there. Call over, btw.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Todays conference call

"You ain't beating me," Evans told his 26-year-old opponent. "It can't get here fast enough because I'm going to smash you. He ain't ready. He know he ain't ready. I can look in his eyes and see he ain't ready. You're just a boy."

Evans has had close to three times as many UFC fights as Davis and believes his opponent will be in over his head when they square off on the 28th.

"We're going to see what happens when those lights hit you – when you walk out and that crowd is roaring," he said, still addressing Davis. "We're going to see. We're going to see what kind of a man you are. We're going to see what kind of fighter you are because I know you ain't a fighter. I know you're not going to peak. When you get hit in the mouth, things change. When you got hit by [Antonio Rogerio Nogueira], you didn't know what to do. When I hit you in the mouth, you're going to feel it."

The two went back and forth throughout the call, with Davis asserting that this time won't be the charm for Evans in his bid to get back to the belt.

"I was kind of thinking you really shouldn't be too concerned about that title shot because that's just one of those things," Davis said. "It's not going to be for a little while. You've got a little while until you've got to worry about that title shot. It's not going to happen this time around."

As the call came to a close, Evans punctuated his argument by alleging that Davis isn't a true fighter, with the younger competitor promising to make him feel it when he proves it wrong on fight night.

"You're going find a difference in mindset," Evans said. "That's all I got to say. Right now you can say what you want to over the phone, but when we get in that cage and you can't get out, we're going to see how you feel then."

"When I'm on top of you, I'm going to remind you with every shot what you said," Davis responded. "Remind you with every shot what you said."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:37 am

Davis via choke.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:46 pm

Bones picks Shad

"I'm picking Rashad Evans. I'm in his corner. I want to fight Rashad. He's the antagonist of my career. There's no just pumping up pay per views when it comes to me and Rashad. Everything about us disliking each other is true. After we fight each other it'll all be clear and he can go have a seat somewhere."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/22/2724455/jon-jones-picks-rashad-evans-defeat-phil-davis-ufc-on-fox-predictions-mma?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=mmamania
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Bones picks Shad

"I'm picking Rashad Evans. I'm in his corner. I want to fight Rashad. He's the antagonist of my career. There's no just pumping up pay per views when it comes to me and Rashad. Everything about us disliking each other is true. After we fight each other it'll all be clear and he can go have a seat somewhere."

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/1/22/2724455/jon-jones-picks-rashad-evans-defeat-phil-davis-ufc-on-fox-predictions-mma?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=mmamania

Wow and emphatic statement made from Jones, bout damn time, nuff with destiny and whining about your ruined nights, I want to see the showdown in the cage if Shad wins next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Well the problem for Jones is that he chose to fight 4 times last year and cleaned out 4 contenders. 205 is deep but it's not that deep when you take out 3 mainstays in the top 5. As long as Rashad wins he's at worst 2nd in line after Hendo. You can't avoid Rashad if he keeps winning and you keep knocking off other contenders.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Hendo, Rashad, and what else is left for Bones?

Lil Nog can string a few wins together. Maybe a SF champ like say Mousasi if he goes on a run.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Lil Nog can string a few wins together. Maybe a SF champ like say Mousasi if he goes on a run.

Maybe Sonnen if Anderson stays out long enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

No doubt Gustafsson will be rushed into contention after a couple more wins.

Didn't Bones react negatively to Silva playing bongo drums on Vera ? perhaps they can manufacture that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Well King Mo eliminated himself from this. That leaves only 2 in SF that could be possibilities down the line. Mousasi has a nice resume so if he keeps on winning in SF he could cross over and get a quick shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis   UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC on FOX 2 Headliner: Evans v Davis
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2