Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" Empty
PostSubject: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/11/2269953/ufc-champ-jon-jones-rashad-evans-was-impatient-phil-davis-doesnt-like

UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones spoke to Dustin Green of The Fight Fix and opened up about former teammmate Rashad Evans and Evans' UFC 133 opponent Phil Davis:

"Rashad could've been fightin' me, but he was impatient. He decided to take a [non-title] fight against Phil Davis instead of waiting. [He] should've been patient and he would'a been fightin' me soon, but things happen. He lost his #1 contendership, but that's something that he decided to do. So it's whatever."

"I met Phil Davis. I think he's a great guy. I think he's great for the sport. But I also think he doesn't like to get hit. I think Rashad Evans' experience might get him through this fight, but I think its gonna be a good fight. If Rashad takes him lightly, you never know what can happen. If Phil Davis makes it a wrestling match, I think his odds will be a little stronger. I'm not rooting for anyone. I think their both fair inidividuals. Phil's a good guy, but if I had to put my money on it I would go with Rashad Evans. Definitely."

Jones also talks about his UFC 135 opponent Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. The full transcription of the interview is after the jump.

Star-divide
40 secs, on his approach to MMA & new pressure now that he's the champ: "The only thing I think about now as the champion and gettin' ready for this fight is pushing myself to a whole different level. There's been times where I put [pressure] on myself in training or maybe just pushed myself to the limit of failure. But now I'm going into each exercise with the mindset of a champion. Knowing that I'm a champion. Going an even extra mile. So that's the biggest thing that I'll be thinking about. As far as opponents or pressure, I feel no extra pressure. Obviously, I always wanna perform at my best. I'm a calm, relaxed fighter. I'm predicting I'll go in there with the same attitude and hopefully we have some of the same results."

1:17, Rampage UFC 130 Post-fight soundbite on Jones: "I don't got nothin' against him as of yet, just that he has my belt.... 'Bones' Jones, that's his name right? Jon 'Boney' Jones?"

1:26, Jones on Rampage: "He has pride. He has a history. He has following. If I was him, I would call it my belt as well. Right now, I feel as it's my belt and I'm not gonna give that away. I've worked really hard to get to this point. I'm young, I'm hungry. I'm not gonna let someone who's maybe half passionate take my dreams away from me. Right now, getting hit isn't an option. I'm striving for perfection. To give Rampage everything that I've worked so hard for - I just can't allow that to happen."

2:04, on who his head coach will be & where his camp will be for 135: "There's no back with Greg, I never left him. Me and Greg Jackson, we have a great relationship. We have a great chemistry. Me and my team have a great chemistry even though the situation happened with Rashad Evans. Everybody at Greg Jackson's camp is still a family and we're gonna be moving forward. I got some of the best coaches in the world on my side. I feel great and I wouldn't abandon that for anything."

2:33, on Rashad Evans' choice to fit Phil Davis: "Rashad could've been fightin' me, but he was impatient. He decided to take a [non-title] fight against Phil Davis instead of waiting. [He] should've been patient and he would'a been fightin' me soon, but things happen. He lost his #1 contendership, but that's something that he decided to do. So it's whatever."

2:54, on Phil Davis vs Rashad Evans at UFC 133: "I met Phil Davis. I think he's a great guy. I think he's great for the sport. But I also think he doesn't like to get hit. I think Rashad Evans' experience might get him through this fight, but I think its gonna be a good fight. If Rashad takes him lightly, you never know what can happen. If Phil Davis makes it a wrestling match, I think his odds will be a little stronger. I'm not rooting for anyone. I think their both fair inidividuals. Phil's a good guy, but if I had to put my money on it I would go with Rashad Evans. Definitely.

3:29, on staying grounded as the UFC LHW champ: "Well, just to know how much I don't know is what keeps me modest, keeps me humble, keeps me on the grind. Keeps me on the prowl. Being here today with all these different governors and congressmen, it's all very humbling. They say a real knowledgeable person, a real black belt in life, is someone who is aware of how much they don't know, instead of dwelling on the things that they do know. I'm aware that I don't know anything - that's real knowledge. As long as I keep that attitude, I think I can go very far."
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Evans was smart to get some work in while Jones faked an injury. No need to extend an already long layoff heading into a title fight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Impatient, lol Bones really is turning into a douche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Impatient, lol Bones really is turning into a douche.

He was always a douche, it's just now he's not hiding it anymore.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm

I thought Rashad took the fight because you told him you weren't going to be able to fight till December or some shit, talk about revisionist history, as much I want to see Rashad V Jones, I hope Rampage knocks him down a few pegs first.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 pm

dooooooooosh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 pm

UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" 27168310
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:33 pm

freakzilla wrote:
UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" 27168310

lol!
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:21 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:39 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Awesome
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Notice GSP on the cover?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:28 pm

josh200612 wrote:
Notice GSP on the cover?

I did Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"   UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit" Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC Champ Jon Jones: Rashad Evans Was 'Impatient', Phil Davis 'Doesn't Like to Get Hit"
Page 1 of 1