Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think about torture?

Go down 
+6
oggy420
acccardinal12
OU
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
GDPofDRC
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

What do you think about torture? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:43 pm

oggy420 wrote:
the problem is, the word "terrorist" is thrown around pretty loosely by current authority figures. A lot of innocent people have been tortured and i just can not morally support that.

It's like people supporting drone attacks or carpet bombing. Yea, you may get one bad guy... but at the expense of how many innocent lives?

To answer the initial question, I'm not 100% either way on torture and I'm not sure how anyone could question wether or not waterboarding is torture. 20 minutes of that brutal shit would be terrible.

As far as carpet bombing goes, part of me supports it. If it's between that or soldiers ahving to defend their every action in combat, I say carpet bomb. As bad as it may sound, no one fears this country anymore and a good ol fashioned carpet bombing may fix that. Maybe I'm just sick of all the PC bullshit in this country... PC has no place in war, war is not friendly.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
oggy420 wrote:
the problem is, the word "terrorist" is thrown around pretty loosely by current authority figures. A lot of innocent people have been tortured and i just can not morally support that.

It's like people supporting drone attacks or carpet bombing. Yea, you may get one bad guy... but at the expense of how many innocent lives?

To answer the initial question, I'm not 100% either way on torture and I'm not sure how anyone could question wether or not waterboarding is torture. 20 minutes of that brutal shit would be terrible.

As far as carpet bombing goes, part of me supports it. If it's between that or soldiers ahving to defend their every action in combat, I say carpet bomb. As bad as it may sound, no one fears this country anymore and a good ol fashioned carpet bombing may fix that. Maybe I'm just sick of all the PC bullshit in this country... PC has no place in war, war is not friendly.

I'd rather be respected than feared. And trust me, people may not fear our country, because countries don't go to war. Governments do. And our government is very feared. Carpet bombing entire cities to get one bad guy is wrong and immoral to me. We have already carpet bombed plenty. No need to flex our muscle. That just invites more hatred of our imperialism. The biggest reason for people of other countries hating us is that we occupy their land, we kill their people, and we steal their resources. The whole "they hate us because we are free and prosperous" is nothing but war propaganda. War is a business. We haven't been in a declared or justified war since world war 2.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:09 pm

I really don't disagree with anything you said. As far as the carpet bombing comments, I obviously don't think we should bomb a residential area that may have a "bad guy" hiding in a basement somewhere. When I see entire towns full of nothing but savages with RPG's, I have absolutely no issue carpet bombing.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:53 pm

cheekynffc wrote:
torture is obviously wrong on every level no matter how you look at it if you have a sane mind.

however, if i had to torture someone, i'd favour the freshly boiled egg up the arse if a beating didn't work.

Ur gonna get OU all worked up and wet.
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:14 am

Ziggy116 wrote:
I really don't disagree with anything you said. As far as the carpet bombing comments, I obviously don't think we should bomb a residential area that may have a "bad guy" hiding in a basement somewhere. When I see entire towns full of nothing but savages with RPG's, I have absolutely no issue carpet bombing.

you've never seen an entire town full of nothing but heavily armed savages though, or anything even vaguely resembling that.

even if you happened to be in the army and toured somewhere like afghanistan or iraq, i guarantee you never saw an entire town full of nothing but savages.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:21 am

MMAEYES wrote:
I do think they deserve a trial, I didn't say that, I was talking about torturing them in order to save us from an attack. I do think they need to be given trials and sentences not just hold them indefinitely I agree that's wrong. But am I cool that we waterboarded some dudes to make sure that we didn't have another 9-11 hell YES!!

Way too broad a net being cast with that statement. This basically allows US gov't to detain and torture anyone suspected of anything. Cause hey, they might, and we need to make sure!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about torture?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3