Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think about torture?

Go down 
+6
oggy420
acccardinal12
OU
killerofchicken
MMAEYES
GDPofDRC
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

What do you think about torture? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Well you're effectively contradicting yourself when you say a tortured person will say anything. Or do think torture only yields honest results?

Torture does yield honest results, maybe not 100% of the time, but it does.

I think it's an option we need in extreme cases. Its not perfect but what the fuck is in this world?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:
So you do think were Religious nazi's?
no, but ill have you know that half of your country does think so

I must be on the other half of the country then cause I don't know anyone who thinks were just holding random sheep hearders just for the fun of it cause we like fucking with muslims. lol I have alittle more faith in our men and women in our military to do what is right. I know to many good people that served that I just don't see a group big enough to do what you think is being done just so they could randomly kidnap muslims for shits and giggles and put the bill on the tax payers.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I would cut out your heart and eat it after torturing u for a day if it meant defending my family. I am okay with it.

I would hate to be tortured though. That's all I have for this topic right now.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm

I think people's sexual preferences and fetishes are their own business. As long as it's of legal age.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:42 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:44 pm

i like where he's going with this lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm mean it's not my cup of delicious sweet tea but you gotta do you.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 6:10 pm

imo it is not a characteristic of a free society. it is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

The more the better IMO
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 pm

oggy420 wrote:
imo it is not a characteristic of a free society. it is wrong.

Even if that person is trying to kill alot of people and you need information to save them Oggy? I wouldn't torture a person for anything else, and wouldn't like to do it. In crunch time when people's lives are on the line I would waterboard a motherfugga! If you didn't do it innocent people would die. I am assuming you have proof the person you are torturing is planning some horrible attack though and people will die. You can't just do it for assuming someone is involved.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:29 pm

If u absolutely know some evil mother fucker has information that will save lives, then I would not be against it. Problem is, how do u know the guy absolutely has info?

Im totally against a blanket torture program used upon a large number of detainee's. Ineffective, immoral. Should not be used as a tool of a just society.

And Ill take the guys word, water boarding looked like torture.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 pm

the problem is, the word "terrorist" is thrown around pretty loosely by current authority figures. A lot of innocent people have been tortured and i just can not morally support that.

It's like people supporting drone attacks or carpet bombing. Yea, you may get one bad guy... but at the expense of how many innocent lives?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 11:44 pm

I'd bet our torture has killed more troops than it has saved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:21 am

What if you got a guy tied up that knows where your loved one, that they've kidnapped and done god knows what to, is? Wheres your morals gonna be then?? Out the fucking window thats where, you would do what you had to, to save that loved one. If it was you either you cut a guys eyelid off or your family member dies a horrible gruesome death, my money is on you cut off some fucking eyelids
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:39 am

torture is obviously wrong on every level no matter how you look at it if you have a sane mind.

however, if i had to torture someone, i'd favour the freshly boiled egg up the arse if a beating didn't work.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:43 am

the fact that each of those prisoners got waterboarded at least a 100 times makes me sick...
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:44 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
I'd bet our torture has killed more troops than it has saved.

Uhh what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:47 am

Reading some of the comments in this thread is torture palm
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:05 am

freakzilla wrote:

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:13 am

freakzilla wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
What if you got a guy tied up that knows where your loved one, that they've kidnapped and done god knows what to, is? Wheres your morals gonna be then?? Out the fucking window thats where, you would do what you had to, to save that loved one. If it was you either you cut a guys eyelid off or your family member dies a horrible gruesome death, my money is on you cut off some fucking eyelids

that is different than locking innocent people up in secret military prisons and torturing them everyday when they know nothing. We aren't talking about what a human would do to protect his family. We are talking about whether it is ok for Government do deny someone due process, torture them everyday when they may not have committed a crime at all, and basically do this to them for the rest of their lives in secret.

Did you know the government can assassinate american citizens legally now? All they have to do is say you are a threat.

Think about the times we are going into.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

oggy420 wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

that is different than locking innocent people up in secret military prisons and torturing them everyday when they know nothing. We aren't talking about what a human would do to protect his family. We are talking about whether it is ok for Government do deny someone due process, torture them everyday when they may not have committed a crime at all, and basically do this to them for the rest of their lives in secret.

Did you know the government can assassinate american citizens legally now? All they have to do is say you are a threat.

Think about the times we are going into.

IMO that's exactly what were talking about here, if those soldiers didn't fully believe that these guys where trying to kill americans, which includes their families, I don't think those "innocent people" would be were they are. I believe Obama thought the same as some of you guys then when he became pres he got ahold of what info we did infact get from said people then his ass backtracked from it like a motherfucker
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:50 pm

so everyone the US government has tortured are automatically guilty? How do you know? They don't even get trials. They get tortured.

Remember that if you support torture of others you must also support that the Government has the right to torture you. Do you really want to give our Government the authority to detain people indefinitely without due process and be tortured every day for the rest of your life regardless if you were innocent or not? Think about that real hard before you answer.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I do think they deserve a trial, I didn't say that, I was talking about torturing them in order to save us from an attack. I do think they need to be given trials and sentences not just hold them indefinitely I agree that's wrong. But am I cool that we waterboarded some dudes to make sure that we didn't have another 9-11 hell YES!!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

well that is how it is currently set up. They lock you in a secret military prison, you never get a trial, and you get tortured everyday. Sounds like a policy of an authoritarian government, not a free society.

But you are entitled to your opinion. I think you put a lot more stock and trust into our governments "war on terror" than i do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about torture?   What do you think about torture? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about torture?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next