Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diaz getting next title shot

Go down 
+3
Ninja
acccardinal12
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Diaz getting next title shot Empty
PostSubject: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:13 am

...over Condit

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:14 am

That aint right
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 am

Condit agreed to step aside

GSP said Diaz is the most disrespectful person he's seen and he's going to put a beating on him
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 am

I feel horrible for Condit...that's not right at all.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:19 am

Condit could've fought tonight and got a pay day after that training camp
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:20 am

Dana better give Condit shit load of money under the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:21 am

Ninja wrote:
I feel horrible for Condit...that's not right at all.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:24 am

Who knew George was so sensitive, imagine if Sonnen was on his case Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:37 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/10/30/2524286/ufc-137-results-dana-white-announced-georges-st-pierre-vs-nick-diaz

Dana White hinted at the start of the UFC 137 post-fight press conference that he had a big announcement that he was waiting to make once Nick Diaz was able to take his seat on the podium. It was possibly the best fight of Nick's career, working B.J. Penn over with punches to the head and body. Penn ultimately retired.

@ufc
UFC Dana has never seen gsp the way he was tonight - nick will fight gsp - condit has agreed to wait
Oct 30 via Twitter for iPhoneFavoriteRetweetReply

@ufc
UFC Gsp has called nick the most disrespectful person I have ever met and plans to beat him.

@ufc
UFC Nick will fight gsp super bowl weekend - Diaz says he has to play the bad guy to get a fight, people want to see him get his ass whooped

Dana has made GSP vs Nick Diaz official. It is rumored that St. Pierre begged the UFC President for the fight following Nick's antics after the fight. In the post fight speech Diaz had some choice words for the UFC welterweight champion. The fight is official for the Superbowl Weekend card.

Bloody Elbow will have more in the coming days on what this fight means for the UFC and the welterweight division.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:39 am

@ShowdownJoe
Joe Ferraro
Cesar Gracie grabs the mic. Dana and Cesar is now going back and forth with him. Epic stuff. Boxing, compensation, business models, etc
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:39 am

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: I go running around my neighborhood, out of bad neighborhood into good neighborhood. Big yards,fountains. WHERE is this tangent going?

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Dana: Bro, you have enough money to move out off bad Stockton neighborhood if you wanted
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: Bj's good, if he throws an arm punch it hurts. If he worked out with me, he would have gotten in shape. He should fight at 155

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: I never went to school for how to buy a house.

@KarynBryant
Karyn Bryant
Nick is starting to get fired up here at the #UFC137 presser. Talking about moving to a better home, changing his life, getting his props

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: I have more fights than everyone. Harder fights. WITH NOT HALF AS MUCH HELP

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: I don't make friends b/c if we're going to be fighting, we ain't friends. If we become friends, Dana will make us fight.

@usatmma
USA TODAY MMA
Diaz: What is this hugging during a fight? NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT. At least not where I'm from.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 am

From Malki Kawa @CarlosCondit didn't just step aside. Gsp is choosing to fight nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 am

danawhite Dana White
If you haven't heard Carlos has agreed to step aside to let GSP fight Diaz! GSP flipped out after what Diaz said and wants him next.
9 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:54 am

For those woe don't know Malki Kawa is Condit's manger.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:55 am

malkikawa - malki kawa
Sorry @DamonMartin can't wait until tomorrow. @CarlosCondit didn't just step aside. Gsp is choosing to fight nick.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:56 am

malkikawa malki kawa

last I checked "carlos is the harder fight." So I guess now he'll fight nick. Wasn't our choice and def not happy about it, BUT

malkikawa malki kawa
It is what it is, and we'll figure some things out. In the mean time, I'm sure @danawhite Is going to make it worth his while Wink
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:04 am

It's right.

The shot was originally Nick's in the first place, plus 11 fight win streak with a KO win over Daley and messed up BJ's face...Condit should not get the shot just because we like him more. Kim and Hardy(middle of the pack guys) a COMEBACK win over a prospect in Macdonald and a somewhat controversial(though i feel Condit won) split against Ellenberger over 2 years ago should not have got him a shot over Jon Fitch, and looking at it now..not a shot over Nick Diaz.

Condit can wait around if he wants, but by that time Fitch might have put another W on his record so maybe that Koscheck fight isnt looking so bad after all.

I'm a big Condit guy and think he should be undefeated in the UFC as he got robbed vs. Kampmann...but he does not deserve reservations on #1 contender. He still is without that big W. Just because they put Dan Hardy in a main event does not mean he belonged there. He needed to beat a BJ Penn, or a Josh Koscheck or even Thiago Alves.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:40 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
It's right.

The shot was originally Nick's in the first place, plus 11 fight win streak with a KO win over Daley and messed up BJ's face...Condit should not get the shot just because we like him more. Kim and Hardy(middle of the pack guys) a COMEBACK win over a prospect in Macdonald and a somewhat controversial(though i feel Condit won) split against Ellenberger over 2 years ago should not have got him a shot over Jon Fitch, and looking at it now..not a shot over Nick Diaz.

Condit can wait around if he wants, but by that time Fitch might have put another W on his record so maybe that Koscheck fight isnt looking so bad after all.

I'm a big Condit guy and think he should be undefeated in the UFC as he got robbed vs. Kampmann...but he does not deserve reservations on #1 contender. He still is without that big W. Just because they put Dan Hardy in a main event does not mean he belonged there. He needed to beat a BJ Penn, or a Josh Koscheck or even Thiago Alves.

Condit got the shaft because they said the fight was his. I don't care though. I want to see Nick vs GSP. Fitch and Kos would've glued themselves to Diaz and beat him in a boring ass fight. GSP will fight Diaz imo. He will go for TD's when needed, but this is a great fight.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:31 am

Wow! This will be the first time in a long time I really rooted for GSP...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 am

According to Diaz, he's just misunderstood:

"Well, you know, it's been embarrassing. You don't always come off
the way you want to or look the way you want to. You go out there and
act up and, you know, just become the evil villain and, you know,
calling guys out and stuff, but -- it seemed to have worked. I'm getting
the fights I want. So, yeah. I can't complain at this point."

Diaz getting next title shot Star-divide.v5e9d7f1

After remaining somewhat silent for a large portion of the program,
Diaz seemed to light up when the topic of St. Pierre came up. If Diaz is
an evil villain, St. Pierre is his nemesis.

But, Diaz isn't buying "Rush" as the "hero" he is made out to be:

"I was here first. You know, I've been a UFC fighter for longer
than St. Pierre has. Not a lot of people realize that. I've been
fighting in the UFC before all them. I was here first. I have more
fights and I've fought the bigger names. I don't have nothin' against
Georges personally but for him not to want the harder fight and for him
to think that Carlos Condit's a harder fight -- it may be the case, but not on paper. He's gotta recognize that."

Diaz spent a few minutes talking about his strategy for his upcoming
championship bout and how he thinks it'll go down. He believes his
jiu-jitsu and well-roundedness will be weapons that could give him the
edge.

"Me and (Jake) Shields have got a lot of similarities. It's good to see what's what. I just fought a guy (B.J. Penn)
that he's fought before, so I'm sure that's good for him to see what's
what. It's all about how you come out and fight. It can always go
different, you know? I could go on the bottom a lot, but are you gonna
be able to advance position? Are you gonna be able to do damage from
there? Are you gonna stall? Are you gonna fight? There's a lot of
different stuff that can happen. It's up to me to kinda make some stuff
happen. Five rounds is a lot of time for me to work with in this one. I
enjoy fighting five rounds. I work hard to be in good condition to fight
for five rounds. It's important to plan for everything. That's what I'm
good at. He's fighting somebody who's gonna do everything."

Amusingly, Diaz admitted that he's been picking a fight and, if he loses in a one-sided fashion, he may deserve it:

"I'm the one that's in this division that's mouthin' off and
talkin' the most, so if anybody's in for a good whoopin', I'm probably
that guy, you know? And who better to do it than the UFC champion? I'm
ready to get this show on the road. I'm not gettin' any younger. I'm
ready to fight."

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Diaz getting next title shot 388816_10150504496592463_7100892462_10425283_756404180_n
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 12:42 pm

dude the closer this fight gets the more confidant i am in picking Diaz to win it... idk whats happening to me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diaz getting next title shot   Diaz getting next title shot Empty

Back to top Go down

Diaz getting next title shot
Page 1 of 1