Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...

Go down 
+40
killerofchicken
Skyab23
thessy11
MMAEYES
EliteAcidBurn
acccardinal12
NoRegret
redvexx8
Birdofthad
boomer sooner
Ludo
GDPofDRC
RPup0123
ohiovol62
discovery99
KingsOwn19
jaroman
josh200612
timthebim
LTFG
franklinfan2
muayjitsu
bobbitt15
Cu Bu
joshkellerseattle
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
oggy420
CombatSports4Life
Ziggy116
captain organic
CainVelasquezFan
Bigs03
OU
chorky777
GolbeZ
Thomasdrrn09
Ninja
LA
Farmer1906
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:27 pm

just rented it to test the waters
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Ya the counter thing is still frustrating but the flash KOs always tend to happen when your off balance or in the middle of throwing a shot.

figuring out how to hang on the ground and posture up too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm probably going to rent this and play it a ton over a few days to get a feel. Sounds like it may not be worth 60 bucks
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 10:50 pm

wow im shocked with how much this game sucks

it fucking blows hard
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:19 pm

That said bird, I've kind of flipflopped on the game. The standup is actually really fun and so are some of these ground and cage elements once you get the hang of them. Clinching and throwing off the cage is pretty raw. Machida and Shogun's jump kicks are cool. Once you accept the fact the game is based on stamina and shining again, it works a little better in the scheme of things I think this year.

The head movement/sway feature is pretty sweet too. Makes the strategy a lot more realistic than in 2009. The more I get used to this game the less like 09 it feels. There were moments after the honeymoon with 09 that were amazingly frustrating, and I have already had many of these with this game. But since then I've had a couple solid days of fun. I KO'd Machida with Shogun by slipping a left and landing a right counter over the top of it. Hell fuckin' ya.

Some weird match up issues though. Jason Brilz seems to be a better standup fighter for me than Vitor Belfort.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:19 am

doesnt run very smooth last years was better imo
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:32 am

Inside ‘EA Sports MMA’ :

- Strikeforce rules, Unified Rules, Japanese rules (soccer kicks, grounded knees), Vale Tudo rules
- Different cages and a ring
- All 60 fighters fight differently
- Changing stances during a fight
- Historical commentary, Frank Shamrock and Mauro Renallo will remember past matches and real fights

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-05-28embed_code_lightbox/index/113/single/156895/shd005/10/420/340/0/false/source/http:sherdogblog.craveonline.comblog2010-05-28
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:46 am

I think once you get the feel for it it runs smoother, but when I first put in it I didn't feel that way. The controls take a while to gain a feel for. I may flipflop once I get sick of it again, but as of now I like the game. I learned how to soften up opponents and posture up to deliver ground and pound now too. Once you get the hang of this game it feels and plays a lot more like an MMA fight than last years.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:44 am

hey wolf how do i do the head sway i have 360
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:52 am

anyone else having trouble beating the A Class on title defense mode?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:14 am

dont ask me ludo i lost to mark coleman
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Hold the highblock and tap the directional stick. Tap away from your opponent and you sway back. tap forward and you duck down, up and down are duck left and right. you can throw counters right off the sways so it pays to learn how to do this.

I think if you come in trying to play undisputed the feels choppy but once you figure it out its its own game.

Im starting to become a gnp beast. I picked the Bully and made it to the title using a heavy wrestling, gnp based strategy. my takedown defense still kind of sucks though.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Hold the highblock and tap the directional stick. Tap away from your opponent and you sway back. tap forward and you duck down, up and down are duck left and right. you can throw counters right off the sways so it pays to learn how to do this.

I think if you come in trying to play undisputed the feels choppy but once you figure it out its its own game.

Im starting to become a gnp beast. I picked the Bully and made it to the title using a heavy wrestling, gnp based strategy. my takedown defense still kind of sucks though.

yeah...try playing online though, its a whole other monster...alot tougher.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:04 pm

Well I can't get online right now because my wireless router fucked up when I switched computers and ive been too lazy to fix it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Your New Light-Heavyweight Rankings?   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:54 am

Light Heavyweight-

01. Mauricio Rua
02. Lyoto Machida
03. Rashad Evans
04. Quinton Jackson
05. Jon Jones
06. Muhammed Lawal
07. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
08. Forrest Griffin
09. Thiago Silva
10. Gegard Mousasi
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySun May 30, 2010 4:59 am

Pretty much the same as my last rankings. With a couple swaps. Shogun moves to 1, Lyoto moves to #2, Rashad moves up to #3, Rampage moves down to #4. Nothing drastic.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:14 am

Nog would have moved into the number 4 slot with an impressive win, but likely he will drop in many rankings. Nog sucking it up actually helps Rampage.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:39 pm

thankswolf on the sway thing
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:29 pm

After a holiday weekend with the game with friends and our kids, I have totally flipped. Undisputed rules.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:10 pm

Yeah, it rules when you are just playing exhibition...that shit is easy...its frustrating as hell online though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:23 pm

So was the other one. Are there still holes in the gameplay that online kiddies use to create unrealistic and unwinnable annoying fights?

I know one of the things they really tried to work on was fixing the online gameplay to be more authentic.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:29 pm

still not sure where i sit on the game yet
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:33 pm

Yo the ground game is cool, and I figured out posturing just fine. Now I mount you, and you die.

I gotta be real. We all opened the game Tuesday, sucked at the new gameplay features, and ran online 20 minutes later to cry about it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:40 pm

do you do career mode wolf? how high do you need your ground grapple and takedown to be to be effective with it, my guys in the 20s-30s and sucks on te ground
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:42 pm

no never do career modes because nowdays create a fighters are too complicated for me and I lose interest halfway through making the fighter every time. No lie. ADD status.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...   MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1... - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

MMA RANKINGS - CHAPTER 1...
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next