Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss

Go down 
+2
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss Empty
PostSubject: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:51 am

Quote :
Strikeforce heavyweight contender, Antonio “Big Foot” Silva has been giving his thoughts on losing out to Daniel Cormier this past weekend in the promotions heavyweight grand-prix semi-finals in Cincinnati, Ohio, as well as predicting who will now go on to win the entire tournament early next year.

Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Silva said:

“I had a game plan, but I could never imagine he’d punch me like that. I wasn’t underestimating him, but after he punched me I couldn’t see a thing, I wasn’t controlling my body anymore. I was doing things automatically, I could only see shadows. When I stood up I was dizzy. I was really dizzy after that jab, but I went for it. If I’m losing, at least I’ll lose while fighting. It happened, he deserve the credits. I was well prepared, but he punched me. We didn’t even really fought.”

“I knew he’d like to trade punches with me for a while, and I was well trained on the ground. I did an excellent job with coach Everaldo, De La Riva, Ze Mario (Sperry), Nogueira… I’ve trained a lot, so I wasn’t worried. I knew we’d bang for a while and then he’d try to take me down, but he punched me hard first. When a heavyweight punches you is really hard… I felt, felt his coup and I thought I’d be ok on the ground, but when I stood up I was dizzy. It happens. The bests in the world have lost and then turned it over. It’s another obstacle I’ll have to overcome.”

When asked his opinion on who would win the final, Silva said:

“I guess Josh will win. If he doesn’t make the same mistakes I did, of really going for it. That’s the only chance Cormier got, his punch. He isn’t any good on the ground to fight Josh there. He knows Wrestling, but… I guess Josh Barnett will win, he’s more complete.”
By Michael Pepper.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 11:55 am

Fair and humbled assessment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Cormier looked like he hit like a fucking truck, even the wife on one of her rare moments of comenting on MMA was like "holy shit how is that guy still standing after that" I give credit to Silva for taking that as long as he did.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Pretty much what happened. Silva just never recovered from being rocked early.

When Mike Kyle rocked him, he followed him to the ground and gave him time to recover. Cormier just made him stand up and Silva didnt have much left.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:50 am

The more I see Bigfoot's interviews/tweets or whatever gets posted from him here the more I find Myself becoming a fan. For him to take a loss like he did and make absolutely no excuses is rare these days. A lot of fighters have ready made excuses even after they win. I like his lucid view and willingness to speak on it.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:29 am

Hope dana brings the big guy over and on a side note bog foots loss makes fedor look that much worse as far as calling him the best ever. I have always considered fedor one of the best but im starting to realize he wouldnt have much of a chance against most Hw's at 240+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss   Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio “Big Foot” Silva comments on first round TKO loss
Page 1 of 1