Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
SOKO
jewzilla
OU
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  Empty
PostSubject: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/9/3147374/chael-sonnen-appeal-loss-anderson-silva-knee-ufc-148-nsac
Sonnen, who was on the wrong end of a second round technical knockout (TKO) stoppage, plans to file an appeal against his loss to "The Spider" with the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC), claiming Silva's crushing knee intended to strike the head of a downed opponent.

And part of it did, according to longtime mixed martial arts (MMA) reporter Jonathan Snowden, who today (July 9) tweeted news of the appeal while rubbing elbows with the cast and crew of The MMA show with Mauro Ranallo.

Last edited by OU on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Wow, as this article points out. It goes against everything Sonnen said post fight(the quotes I posted earlier)
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Good.

He wont win the appeal, but I do want Anderson to be called out for throwing such deadly Seagal techniques.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Jonathan Snowden ‏@mmaencyclopedia

Chael Sonnen's Coach Planned Appeal, Demands Rematch from @DanaWhite | @mmaencyclopedia http://bleacherreport.com/articles/12525 … via @bleacherreport @sonnench
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Quote :
"Chael's not the kind of guy who likes to complain after a fight," Sonnen's head trainer Scott McQuarry said. "I felt I needed to take this action to protect him. At the point of impact, Anderson had his hand locked in the cage and his feet left the ground. We believe his intentions were clear.

"We started the process of filing a complaint with the Nevada Athletic Commission. We believe the knee that Anderson Silva threw was illegal with the clear intent to strike the face. And it did in fact connect with the face. Chael bit his tongue and needed eight stitches."

"What I'm going to do is change my tactic," McQuarry said. "We're going to ask for a rematch. We deserve a rematch. If the only way Anderson Silva can win is by cheating, we need to keep a closer eye on Silva before and during a fight. And we need a rematch now. Legal knee or illegal knee, there's enough doubt with all the fouls to warrant a rematch."

"I think it did make a difference in the outcome," McQuarry said. "I know that Chael grabbed Silva's shorts briefly too in response, but not for 15 seconds and two punches."

Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

glad it is his coach and not him. Sonnen should man up and tell them it is what it is and anderson beat me fair and square.

If it does go down lets just book this thing 6 weeks out and get it over with.

ready for rashad to make the move
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Quote :
"It was pretty evident to me that there was intent on Anderson's part to do an illegal knee, and I think he was trying to get disqualified still," McQuary said. "I think Anderson's hope the whole time was that he would do an illegal thing, he would get disqualified, and then I don't know what his plan was after that.

"But to me, it was extremely blatant, and it was ignored by the referee and everybody else and swept under the rug. And to add insult to injury, (UFC president) Dana White gives the 'Knockout of the Night' (bonus) to Anderson.

"I want to expedite this. I'm normally pretty quiet about this type of stuff, but when you see an injustice to this extreme and there's so much on the line, I feel compelled to say something. Where it goes, I don't know. To me, best-case scenario is we would get ruled a no-contest and we could have a rematch.
"
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Dude I dont think I can handle this anymore. I was deeply upset after that fight saturday. Not sure I can handle it again haha.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Dude I dont think I can handle this anymore. I was deeply upset after that fight saturday. Not sure I can handle it again haha.
This is nothing. The official decision won't be overturned. He won't get any rematch. You won't have to see him get finished by Anderson for the 3rd time. I'm more likely to see Anderson finish my boy Ace for the 3rd time.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:57 pm

If Chael was smart, he would have acted as if the knee knocked him out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Yeah I'm sure he was ready to just close his eyes and take whatever followups he had coming his way. If he really wanted to go bitch about it he could have pretended post fight like he didn't remember anything after the knee. No memory of anything after that.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

OU wrote:
jewzilla wrote:
Yeah I'm sure he was ready to just close his eyes and take whatever followups he had coming his way. If he really wanted to go bitch about it he could have pretended post fight like he didn't remember anything after the knee. No memory of anything after that.

Thats what Im saying. He folded like a paper towel after he stood back up. Should have just stayed down and played the game. Memory loss in the post fight interview would have gotten him another shot. Would be a cheap way to go about business, but I havent seen Chael shy away from doing whatever is necessary up to this point, so why not now.

Oh well at the end of the day, Chael is still one of my favorite fighters, and I believe if anyone in the MW division could beat Anderson, it is Chael, and he failed to do so. So more power to Anderson. Basketball headed cocky motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Remember the illegal shot Jones landed on Shogun at the end of that fight?
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:12 pm

Nope, didnt get to watch that one. Was working 12 hour overnights at that time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:14 pm

OU wrote:
Remember the illegal shot Jones landed on Shogun at the end of that fight?
[youtube]