Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
SOKO
jewzilla
OU
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:56 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
if he ever does anything like what again?
The issue NSAC commission has is with the shoulder check at the weigh-in. That is what they are referring to by saying "like that". That is the that.
Back to top Go down
jewzilla
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
jewzilla

Favorite Fighter(s) : GOAT: GSP. Favorite retired: Brock, Chuck. Always supporting: Hendo, Chael, Cerrone, Forrest, Faber.

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Kieth Kizer needs to get a grip? I bet if someone through a malicious shoulder at your favorite fighter, you would be on board with him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:27 pm

jewzilla wrote:
Kieth Kizer needs to get a grip? I bet if someone through a malicious shoulder at your favorite fighter, you would be on board with him.
I'm sure Chael was in favor of the shoulder. Chael is about about selling the fight, his whole gimmick usually ends with a fight promo. This caused even more hype for the fight. I'm sure Chael was glad it happened. He personally said he didn't have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29625/chael-sonnen-opts-against-appeal-of-ufc-148-loss-shoots-down-wwe-rumors.mma
Chael Sonnen has opted against an appeal of this past weekend's UFC 148 loss to middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Sonnen suffered a second-round TKO loss after he slipped on a spinning-backfist attempt, which allowed Silva to tag him with a knee to the body that set up the eventual stoppage at the July 7 event.

Sonnen said he won't appeal on the basis the knee was illegal.

Earlier this week, Sonnen's coach Scott McQuarry told MMAjunkie.com he individually planned to appeal the defeat, which aired on pay-per-view from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. He hoped it'd lead to a third match between Sonnen and Silva. However, Sonnen's manager, Mike Roberts, said he knew of no plans for Sonnen himself to appeal, and Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer said it was unlikely to be unsuccessful anyway.

Sonnen finally addressed the situation Tuesday on FUEL TV.

"The referee's judgment is what stands," he said. "I trust in that, and it works both ways. The referee makes the decision, and that is the decision. We live with it. We would never go and appeal. A decision is a decision. Part of competing is you have to know how to lose. It’s real easy to win, but you have to know how to lose. You have to man up, swallow it and walk out."

Sonnen, in fact, voice support for referee Yves Lavigne, who deemed Silva's knee legal. Replays, in fact, showed the knee landed legally to the chest. It didn't land illegally to the head, as some some speculated immediately after the event, though a good portion of Silva's thigh appeared to hit Sonnen's face.

"The knee really hurt," Sonnen said. "All the shots really hurt. Here's the reality. We don't do instant replay in this sport, and we shouldn't. It comes down to a judgment call. And wherever the referee says the knee landed officially, that is where the knee landed. That is an excellent official, as they all are. He made his call, and I will never complain and look back."

When asked about retirement, Sonnen said athletes should take at least a month after a loss to think about the decision. He suggested he'll do the same. (At the post-UFC 148 press conference, Sonnen said he didn't want to compete if he was just using up a roster spot and not challenging for a title.)

Sonnen also shot down rumors of a potential move to the WWE. He said he'd go to the WWE as a fan, "but I go back to my promoter Dana White at the end of the night," he said.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:40 am

Glad to see that from Chael, when he's not trying to sell a fight he's a real cool dude. I really don't want him to retire as he's an awesome fighter and would love to see him fight for a 3rd shot. Don't wanna see him at LHW tho, as some of you have suggested.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:42 am

and about Kizer... don't really care much about him and what he says.

the fact is, Anderson just made the state of Nevada a shit ton of money and if he was to ban him from fighting in Vegas it would be his loss, not Andersons.

Plus, Anderson wants to be on the Brazil cards as often as GSP is on the Canada cards... so I don't see many fights for him in Vegas either way.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:45 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Glad to see that from Chael, when he's not trying to sell a fight he's a real cool dude. I really don't want him to retire as he's an awesome fighter and would love to see him fight for a 3rd shot. Don't wanna see him at LHW tho, as some of you have suggested.
Yeah he personally has said all the right things after this loss. No way should he even consider a move to LHW. But like I mentioned before if a title is what he wants then they should consider letting him fight the Kennedy-Rockhold winner. I'm assuming the winner will remain in SF anyways and they don't much over there for whoever wins. Can't keep rotating Kennedy-Jacare-Rockhold forever. Give Jacare the loser and Sonnen the winner. Why not?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Yeah he personally has said all the right things after this loss. No way should he even consider a move to LHW. But like I mentioned before if a title is what he wants then they should consider letting him fight the Kennedy-Rockhold winner. I'm assuming the winner will remain in SF anyways and they don't much over there for whoever wins. Can't keep rotating Kennedy-Jacare-Rockhold forever. Give Jacare the loser and Sonnen the winner. Why not?

How long do you realistically see SF going? I just can't see it making past next summer... maybe it's just me but I gotta feeling
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:04 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

How long do you realistically see SF going? I just can't see it making past next summer... maybe it's just me but I gotta feeling
I dunno. It was looking for awhile like they wouldn't be around even now, but here they are. Showtime seems like they want to hang on to this thing. It should be around long enough for Chael to get a title shot in the situation I proposed.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:05 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

I dunno. It was looking for awhile like they wouldn't be around even now, but here they are. Showtime seems like they want to hang on to this thing. It should be around long enough for Chael to get a title shot in the situation I proposed.
Either way, NO WAY Dana lets all those PPV buys go down the drain sending Chael to SF!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:09 am

What kind of PPVs is Chael vs Timmy B gonna generate? They put him on Fox vs Bisping. Chael sales PPV as the main event opposite of Spider. Can he sell as a co-headline opposite someone else?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:10 am

OU wrote:
What kind of PPVs is Chael vs Timmy B gonna generate? They put him on Fox vs Bisping. Chael sales PPV as the main event opposite of Spider. Can he sell as a co-headline opposite someone else?
YES HE CAN... people love to hear him talk, this board is evidence of that.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:25 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
YES HE CAN... people love to hear him talk, this board is evidence of that.
He won't be that big of a draw IMO. When not fighting for the title, not fighting Anderson, his PPV draw won't be anything special IMO. Probably still better then most. But still not as much as any former champion.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:26 am

Better than most is too much to let go for Dana... YOU KNOW THAT!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 am

killerofchicken wrote:
Chael won't be headlining any PPV anytime soon. Why not put him on Showtime? If they have any interest in keeping that relationship alive then why not?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:29 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Chael won't be headlining any PPV anytime soon. Why not put him on Showtime? If they have any interest in keeping that relationship alive then why not?
Chael will either headline a PPV or headline a Fox card... I'm pretty sure of that
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:44 am

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
Chael will either headline a PPV or headline a Fox card... I'm pretty sure of that
Chael headling a PPV sounds pretty shitty to me. Better have a killer card to back that up. Would be interesting to see how he sells against someone other then Spider. He has never headlined a UFC PPV fighting someone besides Silva.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 am

When do we get to find out how 148 did?

Remember, before Chael, Anderson had a sketchy PPV buy rate record...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:02 am

killerofchicken wrote:
When do we get to find out how 148 did?

Remember, before Chael, Anderson had a sketchy PPV buy rate record...
We should find out soon how it did. Just going by the hype and the #s the prelims did it should be good. Anderson's buy rate seems to go up and down. But we don't have any other info to go on for Chael since he hasn't headlined a PPV against anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148    Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chael Sonnen will NOT appeal loss to Anderson Silva at UFC 148
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2