Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.

Go down 
+8
throwdownfight1
timthebim
Farmer1906
gomez1012
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
captain organic
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.   Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 pm

LA wrote:
"When did Fedor, Diaz, Big Foot, AA, Shields, Barnett, Werdum, Jacare, Gegard, Hendo, Noons, Daley, Lawler, Mayhem, Kennedy, sign with SF? Before or after they signed with showtime?"

Fedor after, and after the UFC wouldn't Co-pro and SF would, they could have had no money and thought the end return would makeup for initial loses. And Fedor could have brought in other fighters just by his name alone.

Big Foot came from Elite

Diaz came from Elite

AA was cut from the UFC, he needed to endup somewhere? Why not where Fedor is?

Barnett was in limbo for years.

Shields came from Elite

Werdum was cut from the UFC, needed to endup somewhere

Jacare I never quite understood, but as MW and training partner of Anderson, I can see why he might have signed with SF which was the secondest most relevant US MMA Org.

Gerard was with M-1 at the time and still wanted to fight in Japan

Hendo was let go due to $$$

Noons was from Elite

Daley? Come on, that was way later.

Lawler was from Elite

Kennedy and Miller not sure, but they couldn't have been making more the 50K per

Elite was bought before, and see more to things then your timeline....

LA u do understand that all those Elite guys were fighting on Showtime while with Elite. So they jumped from one showtime org to another. U r making my case for me.

Hendo? Left cause he went for more $$$$. U think Sf is a player 4 Hendo without the Showtime support? Hell no. Again U r making my point.

Was Kennedy and Miller making a ton of $$ while with SF? Prob not. But it was more then they were going to get with Bellator, Shark, Titan, KOTC etc. And of coarse, being seen in 500k homes(still bigger then any Bellator rating ever!) ups the sponsor fees(which UFC likes to dip into but SF did not) for the fighters. Further, when Kennedy started with SF was there big interest for that fight? Who here watched Kennedy vs Thompson(I did but who else?)? But with wins on the challengers and then progressing to the bigger strikeforce cards, Kennedy was able to gain legit notoriety. Again being seen is all so important. Win a fight over Zak Cummings on a Titan card that almost litterally no one sees, and does his star rise to the extent it did while fighting on Showtime?

Beating a Dead Horse

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.   Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
guys its time to realize something, MMA and UFC is no where even close to the status that boxing achieved, it is still considered a niche sport and they will ever be a legit competitor to NFL

seems appropriate for a seperate topic.

I disagree on the MMA vs Boxing status. I think MMA is as big right now. And MMA continues to grow, while boxing is not.

But MMA will never be Football. Never. Not going to happen. But could it be hockey? That's possible, especially on the major networks, though maybe not on a night to night regional TV basis. And MMA has Canadien appea as well.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.   Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:25 am

captain organic wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
guys its time to realize something, MMA and UFC is no where even close to the status that boxing achieved, it is still considered a niche sport and they will ever be a legit competitor to NFL

seems appropriate for a seperate topic.

I disagree on the MMA vs Boxing status. I think MMA is as big right now. And MMA continues to grow, while boxing is not.

But MMA will never be Football. Never. Not going to happen. But could it be hockey? That's possible, especially on the major networks, though maybe not on a night to night regional TV basis. And MMA has Canadien appea as well.

It is already way bigger than hockey in Texas.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.   Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:34 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:
"When did Fedor, Diaz, Big Foot, AA, Shields, Barnett, Werdum, Jacare, Gegard, Hendo, Noons, Daley, Lawler, Mayhem, Kennedy, sign with SF? Before or after they signed with showtime?"

Fedor after, and after the UFC wouldn't Co-pro and SF would, they could have had no money and thought the end return would makeup for initial loses. And Fedor could have brought in other fighters just by his name alone.

Big Foot came from Elite

Diaz came from Elite

AA was cut from the UFC, he needed to endup somewhere? Why not where Fedor is?

Barnett was in limbo for years.

Shields came from Elite

Werdum was cut from the UFC, needed to endup somewhere

Jacare I never quite understood, but as MW and training partner of Anderson, I can see why he might have signed with SF which was the secondest most relevant US MMA Org.

Gerard was with M-1 at the time and still wanted to fight in Japan

Hendo was let go due to $$$

Noons was from Elite

Daley? Come on, that was way later.

Lawler was from Elite

Kennedy and Miller not sure, but they couldn't have been making more the 50K per

Elite was bought before, and see more to things then your timeline....

LA u do understand that all those Elite guys were fighting on Showtime while with Elite. So they jumped from one showtime org to another. U r making my case for me.

Hendo? Left cause he went for more $$$$. U think Sf is a player 4 Hendo without the Showtime support? Hell no. Again U r making my point.

Was Kennedy and Miller making a ton of $$ while with SF? Prob not. But it was more then they were going to get with Bellator, Shark, Titan, KOTC etc. And of coarse, being seen in 500k homes(still bigger then any Bellator rating ever!) ups the sponsor fees(which UFC likes to dip into but SF did not) for the fighters. Further, when Kennedy started with SF was there big interest for that fight? Who here watched Kennedy vs Thompson(I did but who else?)? But with wins on the challengers and then progressing to the bigger strikeforce cards, Kennedy was able to gain legit notoriety. Again being seen is all so important. Win a fight over Zak Cummings on a Titan card that almost litterally no one sees, and does his star rise to the extent it did while fighting on Showtime?

Beating a Dead Horse

I seriously just typed this long response and then hit restart instead of postpone on my comp updates, so fucking pissed, I could respond to any point, and don't quite see the correlation in your first sentence, ugh fuck me, maybe if I'm up for it again tomorrow. I certianly don't agree, but after wasting 10 minutes of my life to type something and basically delete it, I've come to the conclusion I have to spot arguing pointlessly, neither of us will agree in any way, we might as well measure dicks and end it that way (joking), but your girl said you lose Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.   Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zuffa buying SF is turning into a complete clusterfuck.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3