Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit

Go down 
+11
Jruq
GDPofDRC
captain organic
Bigs03
GolbeZ
redvexx8
bobbitt15
Ninja
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
NoRegret
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:13 pm

Jruq wrote:
Bigs, I think you are underestimating how badly Nelson got rocked. Why was he hugging Kimbo for a minute in the first round after that exchange if he wasn't rocked? I think he was regaining his wits so he could go for a takedown. Kongo may have gotten Cain better, but it doesn't mean that Kimbo didn't hurt Nelson - it really looked like he did

I don't know, I didn't see Roy hurt badly but whatever I'm not gonna argue it anymore. When they were against the cage Kimbo defended the takedown well.

I still think Roy could stand and trade with Kimbo if he wanted, but why would he? I don't think Roy even threw his right hand during the fight.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:23 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Anyone who is calling for Roy to throw hard needs to remember what happened to Urijah Faber when he caught Mike Brown on the forehead...

You can't rain down hard blows to the forehead, which is where he was hitting Kimbo. I'm sure Roy didn't want to break his hand and be out of the competition.

The bottom line is, Roy is by far the best fighter on this show and he's going to win the whole thing. Anytime someone says he's going to take a guy down and put him in a crucifix and then delivers it has to say something about how overmatched his opponent was. If Roy wanted to stand and trade with Kimbo he could've IMO. He wasn't trying to mount any offense outside of a jab to setup a takedown. He knows where Kimbo is dangerous with haymakers so why stay there?

Yes, the fight was boring but that's because Kimbo has no ground game. I have no problem with what Roy did in that fight. If they fought 10 times Roy would put Kimbo in 10 crucifixes and finish the fight there.

Hell, next time Roy might submit Kimbo by gutsmother.

Dang Bigs did you not see Kimbo rock Roy on multiple occasions? Roy nad nothing in the standup. And since when does controlling Kimbo on the ground equate to anything? And I thought the fight was interesting when Kimbo was landing bombs on Roy's head.

The overwhelming majority of the fight took place on the ground. Kimbo caught Roy with a few shots when Roy shot for the takedown but that's it. Kimbo is not a mixed martial artist, he's a streetfighter. His only value to the UFC is his freakshow appeal. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't be on this show and the UFC would never even give him the time of day.

Actually it was about 50-50. Roy got the takedown in the 1st round somewhere around the 2:30 mark, and in the 2nd he ended it pretty quickly after getting the take down.

Take off the hater glasses for a minute. Last night was striker vs grappler. The grappler won. Not much different then Cain vs Kongo, though perhaps on a lower level.

Again, I don't hate Kimbo at all.

As far as the 50-50, maybe in the time of the fight. The overwhelming majority of the FIGHTING took place on the ground. During the standup it was a feeling out process for most of the 1st round plus some clinching against the cage before Roy scored a picture perfect takedown.

Now the Cain vs. Kongo fight...Cain was rocked for sure, multiple times. WAY more rocked or dazed than was Roy last night. Roy wasn't hurt, he was fighting for a takedown through a few shots from Kimbo.

The fight was definitely not 50-50 striking and Grapple .. the first minute I only saw light jabs that none landed .. and there was another minute where they were in the clinch before the take down .. so I guess they were technically "standing up" while they were doing this..

however, Roy would have lost if he stood with him for sure.. big country wasn't going to take him down unless he saw he couldn't win the stand up

regardless, Roy beats him 10 out of 10 times (at the moment.)
Back to top Go down
JerseyStyle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:52 pm

Roy won Kimbo lost end of story.

I for one am glad Kimbo lost and looked so bad doing it. He caught Roy with a couple shots but what did he do with it ? NOTTA so who cares if anyone thinks he hurt him . Kimbo is nothing more then a new Tank Abbott .
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:18 pm

what is everyone freaking out about? Kimbo is a decent striker with really long reach, he would land shots one anyone so yea, he tagged Nelson a few times and then he got takendown and dominated. Looked like a fish out of water being smothered by a big bear LOL.

Roy is the man and he's winning the finale.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm

lol this thread is a bigger trainwreck than this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Roy's Belly is kind of an advantage, bothe physically and mentally. People see what looks like a fat lazy piece of shit and so they underestimate him. He is easily a top 20 HW and could beat at least half of the ufc's current HW division. Not saying he beats any of the top guys but i could see him take out a guys who dont have much of a ground game.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:40 pm

He'd crush Mir
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:05 pm

In a fight, or literally?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Roy's Belly is kind of an advantage, bothe physically and mentally. People see what looks like a fat lazy piece of shit and so they underestimate him. He is easily a top 20 HW and could beat at least half of the ufc's current HW division. Not saying he beats any of the top guys but i could see him take out a guys who dont have much of a ground game.

Seriously, if placing a hand over the mouth and nose disrupts breathing...how the hell was Kimbo breathing with that boiler draped across his grill?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:34 pm

I also think Roy's shape poses problems for grapplers used to guys with different shaped bodies.

If Frank Mir's BJJ is good because he is a big guy with small man jujitsu, then Roy's is good because has fat man jujitsu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 pm

I can't stand Roy Nelson he comes across as an arrogant lazy prick.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 8:10 pm

i dont see arrogance though. i think he's just used to doing things on his own. Remember he's not some green up and comer ith 4 fights on his record, he's a veteran. He's been doing things his way for a long time and i wont blame him for looking out for himself. I never really understood them taking the whole team thing seriously. Obviously the most important thing is winning no matter what.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 11:47 am

I think some see him as being arrogant because his resume screams, "I shouldn't have to do TUF to get in the UFC"... And Roy conveys that at times the way he carries himself. In many ways he shouldn't have to be in that house as he is far more decorated than anyone else. But he accepted that by signing on. I give the guy a ton of credit for doing everything on his own. He has no manager/agent and works solo in his training for the most part. To achieve his success without the help of others is an amazing feat in this sport... I'm a fan of a fat guy who can fight and doesn't rely on help from a team and the guidance of agents or managers.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Wonder how much he got from BK for the post fight promo
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:
Anyone who is calling for Roy to throw hard needs to remember what happened to Urijah Faber when he caught Mike Brown on the forehead...

You can't rain down hard blows to the forehead, which is where he was hitting Kimbo. I'm sure Roy didn't want to break his hand and be out of the competition.

The bottom line is, Roy is by far the best fighter on this show and he's going to win the whole thing. Anytime someone says he's going to take a guy down and put him in a crucifix and then delivers it has to say something about how overmatched his opponent was. If Roy wanted to stand and trade with Kimbo he could've IMO. He wasn't trying to mount any offense outside of a jab to setup a takedown. He knows where Kimbo is dangerous with haymakers so why stay there?

Yes, the fight was boring but that's because Kimbo has no ground game. I have no problem with what Roy did in that fight. If they fought 10 times Roy would put Kimbo in 10 crucifixes and finish the fight there.

Hell, next time Roy might submit Kimbo by gutsmother.

Dang Bigs did you not see Kimbo rock Roy on multiple occasions? Roy nad nothing in the standup. And since when does controlling Kimbo on the ground equate to anything? And I thought the fight was interesting when Kimbo was landing bombs on Roy's head.

The overwhelming majority of the fight took place on the ground. Kimbo caught Roy with a few shots when Roy shot for the takedown but that's it. Kimbo is not a mixed martial artist, he's a streetfighter. His only value to the UFC is his freakshow appeal. If it wasn't for that he wouldn't be on this show and the UFC would never even give him the time of day.

Actually it was about 50-50. Roy got the takedown in the 1st round somewhere around the 2:30 mark, and in the 2nd he ended it pretty quickly after getting the take down.

Take off the hater glasses for a minute. Last night was striker vs grappler. The grappler won. Not much different then Cain vs Kongo, though perhaps on a lower level.

Again, I don't hate Kimbo at all.

As far as the 50-50, maybe in the time of the fight. The overwhelming majority of the FIGHTING took place on the ground. During the standup it was a feeling out process for most of the 1st round plus some clinching against the cage before Roy scored a picture perfect takedown.

Now the Cain vs. Kongo fight...Cain was rocked for sure, multiple times. WAY more rocked or dazed than was Roy last night. Roy wasn't hurt, he was fighting for a takedown through a few shots from Kimbo.

While Roy was def hurt on multiple occasions, you are correct in saying that Cain was WAY more hurt. that I agree with.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 2:07 am

As a guy who actually found himself liking kimbo more lately let me say I have never seen kimbo knock anyone out. ALl those fat dudes on the youtube just got hit and saw a big mean bearded dude heading their way and verbally quit or curled up. I think he hit nelson and nelson felt it but was not what i would call rocked. He may have felt that shake you get but was more than able to work through it and lay on kimbo who looked like a fish without water on the ground minus the flopping around
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit   Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nelson is a fat lazy piece of shit
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2