Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)

Go down 
+8
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
SOKO
killerofchicken
Deezy0814
timthebim
OU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Real Reason?
Steroids
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap15%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Diet Supplement
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
S.T.D
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap38%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Injury
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Didn't make weight
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_lcap38%Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:33 pm

I read fine.

Quote :
In terms of why he needed TRT, you're speculating as much as anyone else. Could it be for naturally decreasing levels? Sure, but it would seem like things wouldn't be as clouded as they are now if they were. It could just as easily be for replacement of depleted levels due to steroid use. It would lead to questions about off-label meds being used, and I've only read Nate saying that is common practice.
Which was preceded by this...

Quote :
Isn't it odd he was given off-label meds?

Write better.

any ways I can see you're frazzled

Quote :
And reading is important kid

I'll drop this subject for a minute or until the UFC biggest star makes a comment about it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:46 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I read fine.

Quote :
In terms of why he needed TRT, you're speculating as much as anyone else. Could it be for naturally decreasing levels? Sure, but it would seem like things wouldn't be as clouded as they are now if they were. It could just as easily be for replacement of depleted levels due to steroid use. It would lead to questions about off-label meds being used, and I've only read Nate saying that is common practice.
Which was preceded by this...

Quote :
Isn't it odd he was given off-label meds?

Write better.

Yeah and? It makes complete sense LOL.....Talking about the story.....mentioning how it could potentially be for replacement of unnaturally decreased levels......saying it leads to questions about off-label meds being used, mentioned in response to you post saying doctors often prescribe their patients off-label medications, then saying I've only read Nate saying that as it relates to the story....Neither of us would know if they commonly prescribe off-label meds as it relates to TRT, and wouldn't it seem off to do so with a professional athlete? and non-USDA approved meds? I don't know how someone on the outside would be supposed to know that info, and it does raise questions which is what I was talking about...

Last edited by LA on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice edit Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 7:52 pm

Kind of relates to my point of view, I get the harsh hiring, but there are questionable things around this story.

According to Marquardt, his endocrinologist, who remains unnamed, suggested a more aggressive strategy to make up for the lost time of adhering to the PSAC's policies. The aggressive treatment ended up putting Marquardt over the accepted limits, or above the testosterone to epitestosterone (T:E) ratio one week before the fight. From that point forward, Marquardt was hoping his levels would subside before the final test, which came on weigh-in day. Marquardt didn't pass.

Marquardt mentioned that during the lead-up to his fight with Dan Miller in New Jersey this past March, he was required to go through the same tedious testing process, but the New Jersey Athletic Control Board, headed by Nick Lembo, had issues with the treatment that Marquardt's doctor was implementing. The board raised eyebrows when they found the treatment did not follow United States Anti-Doping Agency protocols.

New Jersey still allowed Nate to fight, raising some questions as to why that happened if they had reservations about how his treatments were being administered. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Marquardt continued to use an incompetent doctor who didn't follow protocols despite working with a professional athlete who was going to be regularly tested under such protocols.

Marquardt also brought up the fact that dehydration and rapid weight loss could result in higher concentrations of testosterone in his blood. There are a couple of studies that suggest otherwise (Viscardi '98, Booth & Dabbs Jr. '93) and others that suggest that dehydration may heavily affect a test's reading. Perhaps the latter may be a problem in this instance, but I find it odd that various doctors Marquardt talked to suggested a weight cut would increase those levels. Research doesn't confirm that conclusion. If anything, his levels should have been reduced.

I suppose the immediate reaction is... who the hell are these doctors? Why did Nate Marquardt continue to use a doctor who wasn't administering testosterone under USADA protocols? Why would an endocrinologist take an aggressive route and endanger his patient's career?
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:33 pm

I haven't seen the interview but from reading everything sounds like he did some serious damage to his body taking stuff back in the day without the proper knowledge of the side effects of what things can do, if he didn't follow the steps like taking reversatol, or something on those lines to get his natural hormone levels going again then the replacement treatement is probably true, as far as there being more to the story, definitely agree, you have Thiago Silva fixing his urine sample and he is still in the UFC, to me that is much worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm

cascade_run wrote:
I haven't seen the interview but from reading everything sounds like he did some serious damage to his body taking stuff back in the day without the proper knowledge of the side effects of what things can do, if he didn't follow the steps like taking reversatol, or something on those lines to get his natural hormone levels going again then the replacement treatement is probably true, as far as there being more to the story, definitely agree, you have Thiago Silva fixing his urine sample and he is still in the UFC, to me that is much worse.

Agreed, maybe Dana was just pissed though that Nate left it so late?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 pm

mmajunkie is reporting that Marquardt's levels failed after his Dan Miller fight and he was denied to use the therapeutic use exemption

so if true, you can see why he was fired

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24196/denial-of-therapeutic-use-exemption-may-have-contributed-to-marquardts-ufc-demise.mma
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:03 pm

The Dan Miller fight and the situation with the NJAC is by far the most interesting part of this story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Ashleyf91 Ashley Freer-

@NathanMarquardt Needs to be put back in the UFC.....What happened to second chances

danawhite Dana White
@

@Ashleyf91 it would be his 4th chance!!!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 11:36 pm

freakzilla wrote:
Ashleyf91 Ashley Freer-

@NathanMarquardt Needs to be put back in the UFC.....What happened to second chances

danawhite Dana White
@

@Ashleyf91 it would be his 4th chance!!!

Thats funny.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 am

4th chance, WTF, the truth gets broken on twitter, damn
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:03 am

Yeah either Dana or Nate are leaving out alot of the truth.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 am

and shaboing, Dana doesnt have to make up excuses to fire Nate Marquardt imo, Nate waited 72 hours to address the situation other than the nothing tweets, and obviously had some council prep before making a statement. Dana just kinda shot that bullshit down because now, legally, if Nate lies, Dana can call him on it.

loks like he just did
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:22 pm

Here are some quotes from Trevor Wittman, who has worked with Nate for years.
Quote :
"To me, if your testosterone levels are getting lower over the years,
that's normal. You're getting older. As you get older in this sport,
it's common sense you're not going to have the same testosterone levels
as a 21-year-old man. But the big disadvantage a 21-year-old has when he
comes into this is the knowledge and experience.

"If you have a 21-year-old come into this with those naturally high
testosterone levels, and then you've got an older fighter -- I'll just
pick an age, say, 35 -- who has lower testosterone levels, the
advantages of the older man are knowledge, experience. He's seen it in
all different aspects. He's a veteran. To me, that's a huge disadvantage
for the younger man. Yeah, he's going to be able to go, go, go. But
that's his advantage. Let him have it. And let's outwork him. Let's beat
him with our experience. But if we make a 35 or 40-year-old fighter as
strong as a 21-year-old, to me, that's cutting corners."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:28 pm

OU wrote:
Here are some quotes from Trevor Wittman, who has worked with Nate for years.
Quote :
"To me, if your testosterone levels are getting lower over the years,
that's normal. You're getting older. As you get older in this sport,
it's common sense you're not going to have the same testosterone levels
as a 21-year-old man. But the big disadvantage a 21-year-old has when he
comes into this is the knowledge and experience.

"If you have a 21-year-old come into this with those naturally high
testosterone levels, and then you've got an older fighter -- I'll just
pick an age, say, 35 -- who has lower testosterone levels, the
advantages of the older man are knowledge, experience. He's seen it in
all different aspects. He's a veteran. To me, that's a huge disadvantage
for the younger man. Yeah, he's going to be able to go, go, go. But
that's his advantage. Let him have it. And let's outwork him. Let's beat
him with our experience. But if we make a 35 or 40-year-old fighter as
strong as a 21-year-old, to me, that's cutting corners."

He makes good points.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:30 pm

He also goes on to say that Nate is honest and believes he is doing the right thing and not "cheating".
Quote :
"Nate Marquardt is a guy who's never been untruthful with me. Everything
that he tells me, and everything he told me going into this fight and
back before New Jersey, it's something that he truly believes in. He
went and had his testosterone checked. And when I spoke to him about it,
I could tell he really believes he'd done the right thing, because the
doctors are telling him, 'Your levels are low. You need this. This is
why you're tired. We'll give you this and you'll perform like you're
young again.' Man, you start telling a guy that, he's going to believe
you.

"His honesty from the beginning -- doing these tests, asking for
permission to do this -- that's what hurt him. His honesty got him put
in this situation. It's so hard to watch one of the most honest guys
I've ever trained -- the biggest family man, the guy who signs every
autograph -- get scolded and cut and lose his career and get this brand
on him, all because he felt like he was doing the right thing."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:22 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/6/2261556/nate-marquardt-never-applied-for-tue-in-pennsylvania-still-suspended
All this time, I had been under the impression that Nate Marquardt had applied for a therapeutic use exemption from the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission for his scheduled bout with Rick Story. I was wrong. Josh Gross tweeted that PSAC executive director Greg Sirb told him Marquardt filed no such application.

@JoshGrossESPN
Josh Gross

@robnashville Sirb told me that Marquardt never applied for a TUE in Pennsylvania. Confusing considering the course of events.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm

MMAjunkie.com MMA
Quote :
Nate Marqaurdt's PSAC suspension lifted. He's free to fight again. Update on MMAjunkie.com in a moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)   Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote) - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reason Nate Marquardt got cut? (vote)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6