Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?

Go down 
+4
captain organic
timthebim
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I recently watched a re-run of all three seasons on tv here, and it's so frustrating to know I'll never get to see what happens to Swearegen, Bullock, Tolliver and Deadwood.

Why was this outstanding show canceled ?

The writing for Deadwood was exceptional, the humor, dialogue and witty banter is some of the best script work I've ever seen on tv.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:33 pm

I don't think they ever said for sure. It was an expensive show but ratings were pretty good
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't think ratings matched production cost. 6 feet under and sopranos were the big hob hits during that time
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Sopranos is probably the best show ever.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Ratings.

and yes, Soprano's was, if not the best, then one of the best shows of all time.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:58 am

Ali wrote:
I recently watched a re-run of all three seasons on tv here, and it's so frustrating to know I'll never get to see what happens to Swearegen, Bullock, Tolliver and Deadwood.

Why was this outstanding show canceled ?

The writing for Deadwood was exceptional, the humor, dialogue and witty banter is some of the best script work I've ever seen on tv.

I couldn't agree with ya anymore. It was a great show and a 4th season should've been made. Deadwood is one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:23 pm

captain organic wrote:
Ratings.

and yes, Soprano's was, if not the best, then one of the best shows of all time.

+1 The Sopranos is the Don of all TV shows.

Deadwood is quality though, I strongly recommend it if you've not already seen it.

I read something about a tv movie to tie up all the loose ends, I take it that will never come to fruition now Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Watching season 3 right now, I'd really like to see HBO or Showtime do a series about the building of the trans-continental railroad. Just such a good story that can be looked at from many angles.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

Just started watching this yesterday. Watched the episodes 1 and 2. It got my interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:22 pm

OU wrote:
Just started watching this yesterday. Watched the episodes 1 and 2. It got my interest.

My man cheers
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:40 pm

i really want to watch this series but its not on netflix streaming!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 3:42 pm

I bought season 1 used at Hastings. I heard nothing but good things so I thought it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?   Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know why Deadwood was canceled after three seasons ?
Page 1 of 1