Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!

Go down 
+2
LA
Birdofthad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! Empty
PostSubject: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:21 am

Damn that was epic

10th round was fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:55 am

Missed it, but can't wait to watch it now.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:34 am

it was a really close fight came down to the alst 3 rounds. First 2 rounds was a good amount of feeling out then it got interesting
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:00 am

Yeah it was possibly the most action I have ever seen in a B-Hop fight lol. I thought he looked awesome and was thinking exactly what Manny Steward said when he said this is the best he ever seen Bernard fight besides against Tito. I was literally thinking the exact same thing. Pascal had every advantage going into this fight and Hopkins proved way to tough for him. I cant wait to see Hopkins vs Dawson because I thought Dawson looked OK last night also. I think Manny believes he can come up with a gameplan to beat the old man. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:29 pm

Hopkins outlanded Pascal in every round except for one round, and in that round they tied for punches landed WOW.......Dawson looked real good imo, used his height and jab better than he has in a long time. Im worried were going to see Dawson beat BHop and then Pascal beat Dawson again
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 12:36 pm

I dont know if I like Dawson to beat B-Hop if Hopkins fights the way he did last night.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:16 pm

Bird, that is a total overreaction to an OK fight. Winner lands about 10 punches per rnd, the loser less then 6.

I will grant it was somewhat exciting. More exciting then compustrike suggested, and yes more exciting then a typical Hopkins fight, but this was far from a burner. Still tons of holding, still ugly at points, and still Hopkins winning by his ability to avoid punches. The HBO crew going on about Hopkins turning in a scintillating performance was very misplaced imo.

I think Dawson could give him trouble with reach, speed, and his own defensive ability. I do not expect fireworks here. blah zay decision either way. Dawson may or may not be on his way to becoming a more offensive fighter, but I doubt we will see much by way of offense in this fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:21 pm

also: what did u guys think of the slips that were not ruled knockdowns?

I had them as straight slips. I don't care about the letter of the law, when guys are slipping on the mat all night(it was brought up multiple times in the Dawson fight), and then we see a guy take a soft punch and have his feet slip out, I'm not ruling knockdown.

Further, how long has boxing been puttng advertisements on the canvas? How is it that they have not refined this to the point of fighters not slipping on them? And this was a title fight, not some small show.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:39 pm

well sorry for getting excited about a back and forth affair where someone 20 years older wins the fight and outworks the younger fighter. Bitch all you want, that was an entertaining scrap (atleast to me)

Too say that wasnt the best Hopkins has looked in a while is a lie.

The 9th round slip/KD looked more knockdown than slip to me, the 10th round was a slip. There has been logos on boxing rings since the 80s my bet is it had more to do with it being in a fairly new boxng area in Canada (yep Im blaming Canada)
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:29 pm

less then 20 punches landed per rnd. combined. It was aight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Different sports obviously, but what Hopkins is doing is so much more impressive than Couture to me. Fascinating to watch
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:48 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Different sports obviously, but what Hopkins is doing is so much more impressive than Couture to me. Fascinating to watch

honestly have to agree, and thats taking nothing away from what Randy did.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:50 pm

captain organic wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone using CompuBox to claim whatis a good and bad fight.

Antonio Margarito threw 800+ punches at Pacquiao and this fight was 10 times better. No offense but your shitting on a great performance by Bernard. He deserves credit for making Pascal miss nearly all of his flurries and outhrowing Pascal 50 to 30 in some of the later rounds. Those straight right hand leads were amazing

Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Amazing performance by Hopkins
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:52 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
well sorry for getting excited about a back and forth affair where someone 20 years older wins the fight and outworks the younger fighter. Bitch all you want, that was an entertaining scrap (atleast to me)

Too say that wasnt the best Hopkins has looked in a while is a lie.

The 9th round slip/KD looked more knockdown than slip to me, the 10th round was a slip. There has been logos on boxing rings since the 80s my bet is it had more to do with it being in a fairly new boxng area in Canada (yep Im blaming Canada)

Im with u Bird. I thought the fight was very good. Hopkins landed some very nice shots and his defense was top notch. He is still(at 46 years old) a very good fighter with terrific skills.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:55 pm

the most amazing thing, when Foreman did it it was with alot of luck, he was getting trounced the entire fight and got a hail mary punch Hopkins just wont the whole fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:05 pm

When Foreman did it it had alot to do with the ego of Michael Moore just thinking he could KO George and Foreman took full advantage of that. Hopkins looked awesome and even when he was rocked he never stopped coming after Pascal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Hopkins is a freak of nature and a master craftsman.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Ali wrote:
Hopkins is a freak of nature and a master craftsman.

100 percent agree with u Ali. It is truely amazing what this guy does.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:32 pm

hopefully his movie gets made now (alot of rumors about a movie if he won this title and broke the record.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
hopefully his movie gets made now (alot of rumors about a movie if he won this title and broke the record.)

BHOP wants 50 Cent to play him No
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:55 pm

ya that aint what i had in mind, Jamie Fox would be good i think
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
ya that aint what i had in mind, Jamie Fox would be good i think

I dont think Fox is the guy either but I cant think of any1 else right now.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
captain organic wrote:

I feel sorry for anyone using CompuBox to claim whatis a good and bad fight.

Antonio Margarito threw 800+ punches at Pacquiao and this fight was 10 times better. No offense but your shitting on a great performance by Bernard. He deserves credit for making Pascal miss nearly all of his flurries and outhrowing Pascal 50 to 30 in some of the later rounds. Those straight right hand leads were amazing

so your going to point to compustrike #'s to highlight Hopkins impressive performance in the same post that u mock me for referencing compustrike to say it was not a real good fight?

It was an aight fight.

Yes more action then typical hopkins fights. but those fights were often noted by the HBO crew as being unexciting.

But overall it was still a fight in which there was not a ton of punches landed, while there was a good amount of holding going on.

Perhaps I am not giving the oldman credit for setting the record. Cause that is pretty impressive. But Im not going to say this was a great fight because an old man beat a guy that steward noted still fights like an amateur.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:10 pm

hey, what do u all think of the steroid allegations Pascal leveled at Hopkins?

Wore that shirt into the ring.

Hopkins never struck me as a guy who took steroids. And his success seems to be fully predicated on skill, and not athletic ability. And the allegation could purely be Pascal trying to counter Hopkins mind games. Still in this era, can't rule it out completely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!   BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

BERNARD HOPKINS MAKES HISTORY!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next