Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
cascade_run
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' Empty
PostSubject: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:03 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/88237.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Jose Aldo expects to fight Chad Mendes in the second defence of his UFC featherweight title, and he revealed he sat back in the last round of his victory over Mark Hominick to make things exciting.

Aldo claimed Fight of the Night honours for his unanimous decision triumph over Hominick at UFC 129, but for one of the first times in his career he stepped out of the Octagon looking far short of invincible. UFC president Dana White was certainly confused, after witnessing Aldo look in increasing danger, despite total domination of the first round.

"Here's the weird thing about Aldo to me, he came out and looked like this was going to be a quick night [with] nasty leg kicks," White told MMAjunkie. "Had he kept throwing those leg kicks, the fight might have been over in the second round.

"Then he just stopped; he slowed down. His pace - it was very weird. I thought he got hurt. I thought he hurt his leg or something happened or he was tired and gassed. I didn't know. It was very weird. It looked like it was going to be a quick one, and then he shut down."

Now it seems a fight with Mendes will be next for Aldo, most likely in front of his home fans at UFC Rio.

"UFC Rio is coming up and the foreigners will get to see what it's like fighting in their opponents' hometown," Aldo told Graciemag.com. "Chad Mendes is a really tough guy who's been moving up the ranks in the event. If the boss gives the go-ahead, it will be a good fight; I'm a UFC employee."

Explaining his Jekyll-and-Hyde performance, which switched from the sublime to the distinctly average, Aldo revealed he was always in control, even when Hominick rained down punches in the final stages.

"I saw his neck exposed and went for it, I thought I could get it," said Aldo of the attempted guillotine that ended with Hominick in his guard. "I knew I'd won the earlier rounds, so I took it easy playing guard in the last one. I'm a Flamengo fan and like excitement. That's why I liked the fight - that excitement in the end.

"It was an awesome fight! Mark really brought the goods, he's a great fighter, really tough. I knew his boxing was great and had sharpened up his Muay Thai for this. I looked to kick his legs a lot and strike. But all my fights leading up to this one were tough, not just this one. It was great for the crowd to see that I'll go a full five rounds."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:03 pm

What a bullshit artist Aldo is.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:46 pm

freakzilla wrote:
What a bullshit artist Aldo is.

I think it kind of makes sense. Its not like he was trying to get up. I think he was partially gassed and partially just letting off the gas and making big bonus $$$
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:05 pm

So he layed on his back for 3 minutes and let Hominick punch him in the face repeatedly knowing that he wouldn't get ko'd and that the bonus would be a sure thing?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:09 pm

freakzilla wrote:
So he layed on his back for 3 minutes and let Hominick punch him in the face repeatedly knowing that he wouldn't get ko'd and that the bonus would be a sure thing?

I knew I'd won the earlier rounds, so I took it easy playing guard in the last one. I'm a Flamengo fan and like excitement. That's why I liked the fight - that excitement in the end.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Its not like he was ever in any danger
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:15 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Its not like he was ever in any danger

He was playing with fire somewhat, but I agree he wasn't in that much danger if any.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Well, thats a load of crap...but i do think Aldo was hampered by a bad weight cut.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Bad weight cut and being sick I believe but no need to make it look like it was his decision and not because of Hominick's heart and talent.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 10:26 pm

LOL, he went easy on him... fuck u 2
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptySun May 01, 2011 11:52 pm

His legs kicks were working awesome, he could've just chopped him down, it was like he saw he could do it that way, and wanted to find another direction to take the fight, I was suprised in the 5th round when he just kept taking shots and made no attempt to get back up, and even though it seemed like he was content to take those, it would've only took 1 to turn em out, 3 minutes on your back while the dude approve is trying to take you out with all he has is pretty impressive
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:40 pm

What he was really thinking was "If that fucking Hominick and the twin growoing out of his head can't take the hint and the doctor won't help, then I have to ease of before I kill his dumb Canadian ass."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Anderson did the same thing vs Chael. He just wanted to add some excitement so he let Chael beat on him for 4 rounds.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Chuck Liddell did the same thing against Shogun, Franklin, Rampage, Jardine and Rashad. One day he is going to start bursting through the center of the cage and destroy all of their souls while their fighting other opponents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:56 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Chuck Liddell did the same thing against Shogun, Franklin, Rampage, Jardine and Rashad. One day he is going to start bursting through the center of the cage and destroy all of their souls while their fighting other opponents.

Naw man you have that all wrong. See Chuck developed a sleeping problem and after being in the UFC for so long that became his comfort zone. So Chuck designed a plan that would allow him to both get paid and take a nap in his home away from home. So Chuck pretended to get knocked out so he could take a couple power naps, simple as that.
Fun fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:20 pm

OU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Naw man you have that all wrong. See Chuck developed a sleeping problem and after being in the UFC for so long that became his comfort zone. So Chuck designed a plan that would allow him to both get paid and take a nap in his home away from home. So Chuck pretended to get knocked out so he could take a couple power naps, simple as that.
Fun fact.

Wolf's explanation was better tongue
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Yo freak, get off Wolfs nutts already! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
What he was really thinking was "If that fucking Hominick and the twin growoing out of his head can't take the hint and the doctor won't help, then I have to ease of before I kill his dumb Canadian ass."

+1
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm buying he eased up, there was some fatigue mixed in with his up and down yet still dominant overall performance, but late, he eased up, weird? yes it was.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:52 pm

He eased up vs Faber too. I think he feels bad killing the hometown guy
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:57 pm

I myself thought Aldo was in control and taking it easy. I know he was tired, but he wasn't gassed imo. Homnick landed a few good strikes in the 5th round and Aldo did what was need to stay safe.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Plus he really was sick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'   Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement' Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldo eased up on Hominick because he 'likes excitement'
Page 1 of 1