Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129

Go down 
+2
captain organic
timthebim
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 Empty
PostSubject: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:29 am

Hominick earned the title shot last night because he looked great, but does any1 really give him a shot against Jose Aldo? I think this fight will have fireworks but Hominick will probably be on the recieving end of must of them lol.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:35 am

I give him little shot. Roop is one thing, Aldo is another.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:48 am

Hominick wins a kickboxing fight, but I don't see Aldo not taking his back and smashing him with punches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 am

Yeah i think Hominick can hold his own in the stand up but I agree with u Wolf Aldo takes him down and beats him up pretty good.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:01 am

I don't think Hominick can hang with aldo standing.

He was in a competitive standup affair with Garcia fight b4 last.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:03 am

captain organic wrote:
I don't think Hominick can hang with aldo standing.

He was in a competitive standup affair with Garcia fight b4 last.

I dont think he can outstrike Aldo but I do think that is where he may have his only shot to win the fight is on his feet. He can at least hit Aldo and can hang with him in my opinion. On the ground he gets destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:05 am

Hominick spanked his ass in a one sided fight, and thus far has been the only fighter immune to the Garcia-effect.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 am

Hominick way, way more technical standing. Aldo is just freak-of-nature fast and powerful.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:10 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Hominick way, way more technical standing. Aldo is just freak-of-nature fast and powerful.

Yeah Im with u Wolf. I believe thats pretty much his only way to win the fight. He is gonna have to use Aldos agression against him and maybe land a big counter shot.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:13 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

This technical business concerning Hominick is in danger of going into hype overdrive.

Aldo smacks this dude around.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 am

Have you seen Hominick fight? One of the best strikers in MMA broseph, strictly speaking.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:25 am

captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

This technical business concerning Hominick is in danger of going into hype overdrive.

Aldo smacks this dude around.

Probably but its Hominick only chance to me is to catch Aldo.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 am

There would be no "catching" about it. Hominick is the best pure striker shy of 55.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There would be no "catching" about it. Hominick is the best pure striker shy of 55.

I think u are wrong there. Aldo will have to make a mistake for Hominick to win in my opinion. Either he will be to agressive and leave himself open for a counter or something but Hominick isnt just going to stand in front of Aldo and outstrike him to win the fight.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Have you seen Hominick fight? One of the best strikers in MMA broseph, strictly speaking.

yeah, I've seen him go to a decision with Garcia. I've seen him KO some dude named Roop, which was pretty impressive. The Jabouin fight was a good one. But vs Aldo? Im expecting very little talk of Hominick's technical prowess post fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 11:42 am

captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

yeah, I've seen him go to a decision with Garcia. I've seen him KO some dude named Roop, which was pretty impressive. The Jabouin fight was a good one. But vs Aldo? Im expecting very little talk of Hominick's technical prowess post fight.

U are probably right.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:09 pm

timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

I think u are wrong there. Aldo will have to make a mistake for Hominick to win in my opinion. Either he will be to agressive and leave himself open for a counter or something but Hominick isnt just going to stand in front of Aldo and outstrike him to win the fight.

All fights are won and lost by someone making a mistake and another fighter capitalizing on it with a technique.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
timthebim wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

All fights are won and lost by someone making a mistake and another fighter capitalizing on it with a technique.

I understand that but my point is Aldo will have to give the fight to Hominick. Hominick wont beat Aldo unless Aldo really does something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Yea, like stand with him. Aldo may be able to out speed him there, but why risk it when he could clearly maul him elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Yea, like stand with him. Aldo may be able to out speed him there, but why risk it when he could clearly maul him elsewhere?

I think me and u are saying pretty much the same thing. My point is Aldo can take him down and win it there so it maybe a mistake if he wants to prove a point to beat Hominick standing. That is the kind of mistake Im talking about.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:29 pm

Hominick is the real deal and the best striker at 145. That still doesn't mean he can hang with a freak like Aldo but I don't think anyone in that division can.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

What people are overlooking in this fight is Aldo's kicking ability. Yes, Hominick is the more technical striker and even Manny looked good striking against Aldo in the first round. But I noticed in a lot of Hominick's fights, including his last one fight against Roop, is that he doesn't check kicks....this is a death sentence against Aldo. I predict Aldo will either win ala Faber against Hominick or "the machine" wins a decision show casing a very technical striking display.

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:04 pm

+1 ninja
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:09 pm

The leg kicks are a very good point Ninja. Either he didnt respect Roop's leg kicks at all or he doent check them or defend them well. They could be huge against Aldo.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Damn iPhone.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129   Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldo vs Hominick at UFC 129
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next