Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz

Go down 
+5
LA
killerofchicken
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
timthebim
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz Empty
PostSubject: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

Quote :
"We do like the idea of Tito (Ortiz) vs. Rich Franklin," he said today during an official UFC video chat hosted by Ustream.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24979/ufc-president-warms-to-possibility-of-tito-ortiz-vs-rich-franklin.mma

Quote :
“I don’t know yet, still working on fights for Tito,” White said. “But we do like the idea of Tito vs. Rich Franklin.”

“The fans have talked about how they would be interested in that fight,” Franklin told MMAWeekly.com about facing Ortiz. “It’s something the fans have talked about being an entertaining fight, and if it’s something the UFC wanted to put on, I’d be open to that.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AvwPCFM129qx9o.uwWxzOxE9Eo14?slug=mmaweekly-673185e92c1ef8cb4cc51b9c1c76df96
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:32 pm

I wouldnt mind seeing that fight either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Fox ?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:47 pm

I don't know if its big enough for Fox, but I like it a lot. Franklin is on a legends tour... Andy, Hendo, Wand, Chuck, Vitor, and now Tito.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:22 pm

This would have to be the co-main. Tito in a 5 round fight at this point would be embarrassing
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:13 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
This would have to be the co-main. Tito in a 5 round fight at this point would be embarrassing

This is the type of fight that should be 5 rounds.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:58 am

not for fox, and i think Tito is too big for Franklin... but it's a fight that probably happens
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:23 am

Had this as my Co-Main for the Fox show, is it a great fight for hardcore fans? Eh not really, but it's got name value and drawing power, it'll do.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:05 am

The fight makes sense but sounds meh...

i don't understand why...but i just can't get into Rich Franklin. I can't remember the last time i found him interesting. He's an excellent fighter and he's not the kind of the fighter i'd find boring..so it's very strange that he's such a bore for me.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:28 am

LA wrote:
Had this as my Co-Main for the Fox show, is it a great fight for hardcore fans? Eh not really, but it's got name value and drawing power, it'll do.

Why wouldn't har core fans love it? I do!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:46 am

I like it too. I love seeing Tito win and Franklin lose.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:42 am

freakzilla wrote:
I like it too. I love seeing Tito win and Franklin lose.

Then why do you like it? Ace puts Tito back on the chopping block.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:29 am

Tito will win. Too big for Franklin.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:37 am

freakzilla wrote:
Tito will win. Too big for Franklin.

yeah i think so too, but i won't count Franklin out, he's a trooper
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:46 am

Tito could certainly win a 3 rounder although I'd expect the 3rd to look like his rematch with Forrest. He'd have no chance in 5
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:56 am

Great fight for sure, don't do main even though cause I don't see Tito going five rounds, it would look like the last round of the 2nd Forrest fight for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th round if it went that far, Rich's striking is better and with Tito gassed it could be Tito's second straight TKO loss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Love the fight, it's perfect for five rounds.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Three round Fox bout. Andy vs Dan in the main event. Only issue with that line up is it is all Vets and guys 36 and older. But maybe they'd be wise to cash in on these older fighters while they still can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:08 pm

Ali wrote:

How is a fight with Tito involved in any way perfect for 5 rounds?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Ali wrote:

How is a fight with Tito involved in any way perfect for 5 rounds?

come on bobbitt, you really don't see it? put your tito hat.... aww who the fuck am i kidding, this would be a horrible main event fight! no way around it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Three round Fox bout. Andy vs Dan in the main event. Only issue with that line up is it is all Vets and guys 36 and older. But maybe they'd be wise to cash in on these older fighters while they still can.

Didn't Dana rule Silva vs Hendo II out yesterday ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Then I heard it was still a possibility. Like someone else said, they can't kill the Okami PPV by booking Silva in a subsequent bout as if the Brazil card is a formality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Good point Wolf. U would think they would throw 2 big names in the main event and maybe showcase some younger stars to show them off to casual fans but if Dana is just trying to kill the Pac Man PPV that night putting tito vs Ace on there definitely brings some star power that people know.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Their event is over before the Pac PPV even starts
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Their event is over before the Pac PPV even starts

Seriously? What time does it start because that doesnt sound right at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz   Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz Empty

Back to top Go down

Dana likes the idea of Ace vs. Ortiz
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next