Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132

Go down 
+8
throwdownfight1
cascade_run
timthebim
bobbitt15
VI68IX
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
corydd7
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 Empty
PostSubject: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:44 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23352/jason-mayhem-miller-meets-aaron-simpson-at-ufc-132.mma

On Friday, Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) announced he was returning to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

On Saturday, UFC brass announced he's already lined up to fight.

UFC officials today announced Miller will meet wrestling standout Aaron Simpson (8-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) at July's "UFC 132: Cruz vs. Faber II" event.

Miller's return comes six years after a lone appearance at welterweight in which he was dominated by Georges St-Pierre. "Mayhem" now returns to the UFC as a thoroughly experienced middleweight. Miller is 12-3 with one no contest since his ill-fated trip to the octagon and lost a unanimous decision to Jake Shields for the vacant Strikeforce middleweight belt in November 2009.

Outside of the cage, Miller has kept busy as the host of MTV's popular reality show "Bully Beatdown," which completed its third season this past December. It's unknown whether a fourth season is in the works.

Meanwhile, Simpson returns to action after a recent one-sided beatdown of Mario Miranda at UFC Fight Night 24. The victory snapped a two-fight losing streak for Simpson, who had dropped back-to-back outings against Mark Munoz and Chris Leben. Prior to the skid, Simpson had notched seven-straight wins to open his career, including three octagon victories and one win under the WEC banner.

UFC 132, which is the UFC's Independence Day-weekend show, takes place July 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The night's main card, including a championship headliner between bantamweight titleholder Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber, airs live on pay-per-view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 1:49 pm

UFC 132 Card-

Dominick Cruz (c) vs Urijah Faber
Wanderlei Silva vs Chris Leben
Tito Ortiz vs Ryan Bader
Carlos Condit vs Dong Hyun Kim
George Sotiropoulos vs Evan Dunham
Jason Miller vs Aaron Simpson
Dennis Siver vs Matt Wiman
Melvin Guillard vs Shane Roller
Brian Bowles vs Takeya Mizugaki
Erik Koch vs Cub Swanson
Andre Winner vs Anthony Njokuani
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:05 pm

This card is fucking stacked! As far as this fight i dont like it. If you want to give Miller a low tier MW dont give him a dominant wrestler. This will probley end with Miller winning but there are better fights ahead for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:51 pm

This card is very stacked. It has 9 fights worthy of being on the main card.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Yeah top to bottom this card is filled with great fights. I wish they would of gave Mayhem a better name for his first opponent. I see this fight going to the ground and Mayhem supping Simpson within the first two rounds. I hope he fights Bisping or Leben after this fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 pm

this will be a pretty good fight. Mayhem got a lot more going for him though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Lame, is this really the best they could find for Mayhem ?
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Yeah top to bottom this card is filled with great fights. I wish they would of gave Mayhem a better name for his first opponent. I see this fight going to the ground and Mayhem supping Simpson within the first two rounds. I hope he fights Bisping or Leben after this fight.

He wont fight Leben. I use to train at Leben's gym in Oahu and Miller trains there every once in a while. I haven't been there in a year but they use to train together and were friends. Who knows Jones and Rashad are fighting but there are other options for Miller.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:14 pm

The reality is, Mayhem has not fought anybody since 2009 and his most recent big fights were losses or no contests. Simpson makes sense for him. His recent resume does not demand a fight with Michael Bisping or any of the top name MW's. Though of course they had no problem throwing a one dimensional lower middle of the pack fighte like Jorge Rivera to Michael Bisping they probably could have booked him vs. Mayhem..but UFC is in protect mode with Bisping. I guarantee Bisping will get a title shot before he loses again and he would have beaten virtually nobody to get it.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VI68IX
VI68IX

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Well, since he's not in against Bisping or Sonnen, i can only suppose they are saving those two for one another.

As for this match up, as most of the people sa in the comments of the MMA junkie article, mayhem might have a problem with Simpsons wrestling, but all in all i see him pulling out the victory via submission.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
The reality is, Mayhem has not fought anybody since 2009 and his most recent big fights were losses or no contests. Simpson makes sense for him. His recent resume does not demand a fight with Michael Bisping or any of the top name MW's.

I never thought about it like that. Guess you're right. I do think talent wise Mayhem should be fighting a guy like Bisping, but getting a win against Simpson would be a good start before getting a top guy in UFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 pm

This is certainly not an easy fight for Mayhem by any stretch of the imagination and acting as if it is one is pretty foolish. Its also a lot better than Sonnen who just would've straight mugged Miller and yet for some reason people were clamoring for that

BTW, there's no way every fight on this card won't be shown just like is being done next Saturday. No way. Absolutely stacked
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:28 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
This is certainly not an easy fight for Mayhem by any stretch of the imagination and acting as if it is one is pretty foolish. Its also a lot better than Sonnen who just would've straight mugged Miller and yet for some reason people were clamoring for that
BTW, there's no way every fight on this card won't be shown just like is being done next Saturday. No way. Absolutely stacked

Got that right.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 pm

People need to stop acting like Chael Sonnen is this complete monster who only Anderson Silva can beat. The guy is highly beatable against anybody with even an average ability to pull of a sub. He's had a nice little run against top notch competition and there is no denying that and you'll likely never take a decision from Chael Sonnen, but Chael is still the same fighter he's always been and while i may favor him in most bouts(including one with Miller, but probably not a rematch with Maia) Chael Sonnen is NEVER a sure thing against anybody because in the end somebody who's whole game depends on being on the mat, yet he gets tapped more than a 5 cent hooker will find a way to lose often enough to keep them from ever going on a huge run..don't believe me...look at Sonnen's whole career. Hell, Sonnen almost blew the Marquardt fight on a few occasions and if it wasnt for the blood from his head greasing things up he probably would have tapped to the guillotine. He's by no means a sure thing against somebody like Miller, because Miller could tap him.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 12:21 am

Did I see Tito in there, is there a pool for what day he pulls out of the fightt?

Good fight for Miller he lobbied for someone else but a good start, let him win that one and then mayeb he gets Bisping or Sonnen, but he needs to fight, a long layoff like that he could get 2-3 fights in this year and be inline for a title shot, if that is what he wants.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:05 am

King the the about sonnen is that he accomplished last year what many other mws havent for a while. He straight up beat 3 top mws on his way to a title shot. Miller was in the top 15 wen chael beat him. Okami top ten. Nate cracking top 5. He faced a wrestlers and strikers and beat them. His weakness is bjj. Heck arlovskis has always been his chin, bjs have been wrestlers , diazs have been wrestlers, etc. In the End what other mws have done what chael did on the way to the title shot. Anyways, why is everyone counting out simpson. Im pretty sure miller will win. Simpson so far has been no more than a journeyman but i wouldnt be surprised if aaron pulls off the upset
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:59 am

Sonnen either pounds Miller into the mat for 15 minutes or he pounds him into the mat for a period less than 15 minutes and loses by triangle. Simpson is a good warmup for that meeting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:32 am

Really wanted Mayhem vs Bisping, but as a first fight back in the UFC, Simpson should do. Def not a gimme, Mayhem's had trouble against wrestlers in the past and we know Aaron has excellent wrestling. Be cool if Mayhem won this they'd give him that TUF vs Bisping.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 1:07 pm

I thought they would give him a bigger fight to be honest but I think this is a fight he should be able to win, probably a grind out dec
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 10:24 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
People need to stop acting like Chael Sonnen is this complete monster who only Anderson Silva can beat. The guy is highly beatable against anybody with even an average ability to pull of a sub. He's had a nice little run against top notch competition and there is no denying that and you'll likely never take a decision from Chael Sonnen, but Chael is still the same fighter he's always been and while i may favor him in most bouts(including one with Miller, but probably not a rematch with Maia) Chael Sonnen is NEVER a sure thing against anybody because in the end somebody who's whole game depends on being on the mat, yet he gets tapped more than a 5 cent hooker will find a way to lose often enough to keep them from ever going on a huge run..don't believe me...look at Sonnen's whole career. Hell, Sonnen almost blew the Marquardt fight on a few occasions and if it wasnt for the blood from his head greasing things up he probably would have tapped to the guillotine. He's by no means a sure thing against somebody like Miller, because Miller could tap him.

I think most people are fully aware of Chael's vulnerabilities.

That said, him vs Mayhem is a fight I'd be fully comfortable putting large sums of money on being a 15 minute smothering
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am

I didn't want to have to root for Mayhem anyways, so good thing he isn't fighting Bisping. I'm still hoping Mayhem, Bisping and Sonnen all lose. Put them in a cage with Paul Harris and I bet he whoops that ass!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:28 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

Lucky for you, cause if they did things like normal that Andre Winner fight wouldn't be shown. But I'd much rather lose the bet and see the fights.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 am

Well that's why I said at the beginning there were still a lot of fights to be added so I really wouldn't have made a bet under normal circumstances. I definitely thought it would be aired with that lineup at the time
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:54 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well that's why I said at the beginning there were still a lot of fights to be added so I really wouldn't have made a bet under normal circumstances. I definitely thought it would be aired with that lineup at the time

At the time I figured there would be a couple fights added above that fight. That fight was close to the bottom anyways. This card looks like I thought, maybe slightly better, but didn't expect the change by the UFC in making all fights on facebook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132   Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason "Mayhem" Miller meets Aaron Simpson at UFC 132
Page 1 of 1