Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open

Go down 
+11
Ludo
killerofchicken
timthebim
acccardinal12
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
josh200612
GDPofDRC
jewzilla
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 pm

You can't bait me with that anymore Ali.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:33 pm

freakzilla wrote:
You can't bait me with that anymore Ali.

It was a nice try though lol.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
Anderson becomes friends with whoever he thinks can beat him then says were friends we won't fight.

And yet GSP is still too scared to even test the water at MW, while Silva's fought in three different classes.

Funny he isn't willing to go back to either of those weight classes to fight GSP or Bones.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Anderson could never make WW again, get the fuck out of here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:57 pm

LA wrote:
Anderson could never make WW again, get the fuck out of here.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:01 pm

He said he can make it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Read the posts..

But not liking Anderson unwilling to fight Bones, I'd assume he thinks Bones would toss him around.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Sometimes I wonder if Anderson says alot of this shit out of respect but really doesnt mean it at all.
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:42 pm

timthebim wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if Anderson says alot of this shit out of respect but really doesnt mean it at all.

This
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Anderson just celebrated his 36th birthday and has had a lot of injuries lately. He has slowed I imagine and knows Jones is a bad match up. Anderson got a gift in a rusty old Vitor but otherwise I still think he is nearing the end of his run. Don't be surprised if Anderson looks fully mortal against Okami.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:07 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anderson just celebrated his 36th birthday and has had a lot of injuries lately. He has slowed I imagine and knows Jones is a bad match up. Anderson got a gift in a rusty old Vitor but otherwise I still think he is nearing the end of his run. Don't be surprised if Anderson looks fully mortal against Okami.

I'm going to agree with this partly. The other reason is because the new Okami is Sonnen Jr. His camp he did with Quest really helped improve his game.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Yea farmer for sure. Okami is rounded enough in all aspects to keep Anderson guessing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/19/2119952/spider-fighter-jon-jones-thinks-he-has-the-capabilities-to-beat
Quote :
"Because I look up to Anderson so much, I don’t look at myself as the guy to fight him right now. Anderson’s one of the guys right now I look at his way of being to like Bruce Lee. I would need to do some serious soul-searching to know that I’d beat Anderson Silva’s [butt]. I think I have the capabilities of doing it. But I truly admire Anderson Silva. My goal is to reach a level of comfort in the Octagon where you don’t even process your thoughts. You just move as your body thinks it. That’s what I’m looking for is that level of comfort, that level of cool. That’s what I’m trying to get. I think Anderson’s close to that. That’s what I want."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:15 am

So Jones would fight his mentor but not a MW that has never trained with him? Jones thinks he's Leo from the Matrix.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:25 am

freakzilla wrote:
So Jones would fight his mentor but not a MW that has never trained with him? Jones thinks he's Leo from the Matrix.

I didn't see the phrase "I would not fight him". Just that he doesn't feel fully ready yet. I'd be willing to bet he would accept the fight. Dosesn't sound like he is totally against it to me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:57 am

Quote :
Because I look up to Anderson so much..... I would need to do some serious soul-searching to know that I’d beat Anderson Silva’s ass. I think I have the capabilities of doing it. But I truly admire Anderson Silva.

I'll would kick your ass, but since I like you, your spared. How generous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 11:59 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Quote :
Because I look up to Anderson so much..... I would need to do some serious soul-searching to know that I’d beat Anderson Silva’s ass. I think I have the capabilities of doing it. But I truly admire Anderson Silva.

I'll would kick your ass, but since I like you, your spared. How generous.

Respect his gangsta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:58 pm

freakzilla wrote:

Neo !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:40 pm

Ali wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Neo !

Lollllllllllllll. How could I get that wrong? I've only watched it about 100 times.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:01 am

OU wrote:
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/19/2119952/spider-fighter-jon-jones-thinks-he-has-the-capabilities-to-beat
Quote :
"Because I look up to Anderson so much, I don’t look at myself as the guy to fight him right now. Anderson’s one of the guys right now I look at his way of being to like Bruce Lee. I would need to do some serious soul-searching to know that I’d beat Anderson Silva’s [butt]. I think I have the capabilities of doing it. But I truly admire Anderson Silva. My goal is to reach a level of comfort in the Octagon where you don’t even process your thoughts. You just move as your body thinks it. That’s what I’m looking for is that level of comfort, that level of cool. That’s what I’m trying to get. I think Anderson’s close to that. That’s what I want."

Same inherent fear in the matchup as Anderson...
Back to top Go down
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:03 pm

"My goal is to reach a level of comfort in the Octagon where you don’t even process your thoughts. You just move as your body thinks it. That’s what I’m looking for is that level of comfort"

That is a very awesome thought process, if he ever gets to that point that would be phenomenal to watch, when he says things like that makes me wonder if he could really be that controlled and precise he would be one scary MMA fighter for anyone, LHW, HW, 23 and should only get better, one major or minor hurdle is his way depending on your view of Rashad
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:56 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/21/2124636/is-ufc-champ-anderson-silva-open-to-fighting-jon-jones-or-not
Quote :
"If there's opportunities that happen to be the right opportunities at the right time, then we'll take them. But right now he's focused on the middleweight title," Silva's manager Ed Soares told MMAWeekly Radio.
"I don't know if he's always felt that," Soares commented about Silva's mindset always being at 185 pounds. "He's focused on defending his middleweight title, that's his weight class, that's where he feels comfortable at."
"You can never say never, that's for sure,"
Soares stated.

I think they would fight for sure, I think they could even remain "friends" lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:06 am

How come GSP gets crap for not fighting at 185 but Anderson doesn't get any for not fighting at 205?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

freakzilla wrote:
How come GSP gets crap for not fighting at 185 but Anderson doesn't get any for not fighting at 205?

Neither man deserves any crap for not jumping up in weight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Neither man deserves any crap for not jumping up in weight.

this, all this GSP is a pussy talk for not fighting anderson is bologna
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open   Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anderson wants none of Jones, but keeps the GSP fight open
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next