Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones

Go down 
+9
captain organic
LA
Wolfgangsta
SOKO
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
MMAEYES
OU
KingsOwn19
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones Empty
PostSubject: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:29 pm

http://www.mmashareforums.com/serious-mma-discussion-f1/-anderson-silva-would-not-like-to-fight-jon-jones--t46301.html

Mike Winklejohn, Jon Jones' striking coach, discussed the learning curve of his product, as well as the potential superfight with the eternal UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva. According to Winklejohn, Jon Jones is not there just yet when it comes to KO power, but he's still much better than "The Spider" when it comes to "everything wrestling". Winklejohn also added, that stylistically Jon Jones is a bad match-up for Silva, who's well known for using his reach advantage to win fights.

Here's some bits of what Winklejohn said on Mauro Ranallo's "The MMA Show" (via FightOpinion):

MW: “You know what, I think with Anderson, Anderson is probably the best as far as the eyes going, watching an opponent and then knowing he can strike a certain time and put them on their ass. That’s what Anderson does and I think Jon’s getting there with his strikes. I think Jon’s much better, way past Anderson as far as wrestling skills go. With his stand-up I think Jon brings many more strikes to the table than Anderson has, a lot more variety. We’re just not there on a knockout type of shot, we’re going to get there pretty soon. We hurt Rampage many times during that fight with strikes, but we’re going to get there. We’re going to get those things fine-tuned. It’s just going to take just a little bit longer and we’ve only just begun. The future is definitely bright for Jon.”

MR: “What do you think about his learning curve right now? Where do you think he is?”
MW: “Oh, I think he’s there. You know what, down the road there’s no doubt he’s going to get some weight on and go to Heavyweight but he’s got a lot to do at Light Heavyweight. I don’t think Anderson would probably want that fight with Jon Jones. I think, you know, Anderson would use his length and pick his shot against people. With Jon coming in at so many different angles from a long range, I definitely don’t think that’s a good fight for Anderson. I think we’re here to stay in the Light Heavyweight division for a while and build a legend, something that hasn’t been done in a little bit of a while. The Light Heavyweight division has had a lot of turnover.”

UFC President Dana White recently suggested that Jon Jones will move up to Heavyweight, where he could test his skills against fighters such as Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Alistair Overeem and Frank Mir. Following the victory over Rampage Jackson, Jones improved his MMA record to 14-1, with 8 KO/TKO and 4 Submission finishes. Jones' only loss is via a controversial DQ against Matt Hamill.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:33 pm

Oh, i thought this was going to be one of Anderson Silva's coaches thus making it interesting.

Turns out its one of Jones coaches thus making it biased and uninteresting.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Oh, i thought this was going to be one of Anderson Silva's coaches thus making it interesting.

Yeah it is biased and uninteresting...but also true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:57 pm

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

Yeah it is biased and uninteresting...but also true.

+1
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

OK so first the guy says

"We made some mistakes and Jon hurt his foot with an inside leg kick. Jon doesn’t that experience, yet, from fighting. If you think about his time standing up in the cage, we’re talking a few rounds, a few minutes where he’s actually doing stand-up. He doesn’t have that kind of experience. Some of these guys have had many fights, numerous fights in kickboxing. Jon just comes from a wrestling background so all this is new, so he’s still trying to figure out all the striking out and doing really well with it.”

Then he trys to sell us on his striking for better than Andersons???

"With his stand-up I think Jon brings many more strikes to the table than Anderson has, a lot more variety"

Give me a fucking break.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Spider vs Bones:

Rd 1. A feeling out process, where each other sees what the other will give and receive in the stand-up. We might see a little clinching, maybe an attempted take down by Bones, but nothing really serious.

Rd 2. After seeing minor alterations in the standing game, Silva gets bored, elivers a straight right to Bones, who goes down and wonders what the fuck happened. Spider relaxes against the side of the cage until bones gets back up. After another moment or two of indecisiveness on Bones attacking, Silva puts him down again and proceeds with the GNP! TKO 2nd Rd.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Spider vs Bones:

Rd 1. A feeling out process, where each other sees what the other will give and receive in the stand-up. We might see a little clinching, maybe an attempted take down by Bones, but nothing really serious.

Rd 2. After seeing minor alterations in the standing game, Silva gets bored, elivers a straight right to Bones, who goes down and wonders what the fuck happened. Spider relaxes against the side of the cage until bones gets back up. After another moment or two of indecisiveness on Bones attacking, Silva puts him down again and proceeds with the GNP! TKO 2nd Rd.
you're fucking nutts dude
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:09 pm

I wouldnt say its impossible thats for sure ^^
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Anderson Silva would murder Jon Jones come the hell on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Winklejohn is so annoying.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Anderson Silva would murder Jon Jones come the hell on.

Bones has now successfully destroyed Shogun, Page, Bader, Hamill, Vera, Janitor.

Im not picking a guy who fights at 185 to "murder" him, even if it is Spider, who I hold in the highest regard.

Bones's length gives guys problems. And winklejohn is right in saying that Silva usually enjoys that advantage, and does very well to exploit that matchup. He would not have that adv here. Not sure, but I think Bones would enjoy a fairly sizable adv.

Silva is obviously the more natural talent striking, but Bones would bring physical attributes that could nullify Silva's talent.

And of coarse if Bones wanted to wrestle, Silva would be at a disadvantage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Jones would embarrass Anderson.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm

No way would Anderson beat Bones. I would've thought this before the Rampage fight also. Spider has fought pretty good guys in the UFC and had a wtf win against Vitor (who is the best guy he has fought), but lets not pull this fanboy thinking again Silva fans, and Bones haterz. Dana went right into the "Bones as a HW thing" as soon as he was asked about this fight. He knew he couldn't get his p4p kings ass whooped so he redirected everyone's thoughts towards Bones as a HW. This is true!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:08 pm

It would be a very fun fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 pm

Anderson would KO this fool and would have done Rampage ten times worse
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:11 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

After this comment I looked the way Larry merchant did in your picture wolf LOL.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Who said I was a Silva fan? I am not, but that doesn't mean I am stupid. Bones punching someone with his hands is seemingly beatable. Sure he has great elbows, but if anyone with a limited knowledge of elbow strikes uses that weapon, you are going to hurt or at the least damage your opponent. JBJ cannot KO Silva standing up, but I don't feel the same way about Silva. He hits quick, hard and with great stunning ability.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

If I had to bet on Spider vs Page I would go with Silva, but I can't pick against Bones unless he is fighting Cain or JDS. I think Bones beats alot of the top HW's also, and a fight with Carwin and Reem could be a toss up. I'm just that imrezzed with the kid. I don't like him because I have always thought he was fake and , but I cannot recognize how good he is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Jones would take the fight to the ground within 30 seconds.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Who said I was a Silva fan? I am not, but that doesn't mean I am stupid. Bones punching someone with his hands is seemingly beatable. Sure he has great elbows, but if anyone with a limited knowledge of elbow strikes uses that weapon, you are going to hurt or at the least damage your opponent. JBJ cannot KO Silva standing up, but I don't feel the same way about Silva. He hits quick, hard and with great stunning ability.

Silva has more KO power and I think thats it. Bones length would cause big problems for Silva. This isn't a cautious Maia in front of him, and that lucky kick isn't gonna happen because Bones wouldn't be that close because he isn't a pounce on that ass fighter like Vitor. Bones is as legit as we have seen this decade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:21 pm

As much as I hate to say it Jones has all the tools to be the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:

I'm not ready to go there even though I know it's right to say it. I hate myself right now because of this freak. Damn u!

Oh and they took the link down, but it won't be long for me anyway. I'm hyped up for this season!!!! Thanks for sending it either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I sent you 1 that works. Use the videob 1.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:34 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

I'm not ready to go there even though I know it's right to say it. I hate myself right now because of this freak. Damn u!

At 24 the guy already has a very impressive resume. Not just W's over proven legends, but demolitions. And if u are merely a good fighter, such as Hamill, Janitor or Vera, be prepared to get severely injured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones   Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Coach: I don't think Anderson Silva would like to fight Jon Jones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next