Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:

Go down 
+9
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
Primetyme199
captain organic
throwdownfight1
timthebim
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
LA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 pm

How bout this, jardine sucks and should of lost, moussasi wouldnt be able to beat anyone on the elite level of the lhw division and is right under the level of someone like thiago silva. There , would that make everyone happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:15 pm

throwdownfight1 wrote:
How bout this, jardine sucks and should of lost, moussasi wouldnt be able to beat anyone on the elite level of the lhw division and is right under the level of someone like thiago silva. There , would that make everyone happy

Mousasi would be about the 5th best LHW in the UFC IMO. And he has a chance to beat just about anyone above him on a good night. I actually like his chances vs Machida and that style.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:27 pm

I saw no reason from this fight to believe Mousasi wouldn't get wrestled the fuck up by a bunch of dudes in the UFC division. For supposedly working on it so much pretty sad that Jardine was able to get deep on him against the cage with no problems and plant him.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:45 pm

LA wrote:
Mousasi thought the draw was warranted

But, in the 1st Rd, where this fight was decided, in terms of the draw, Mousasi was very quiet and losing the Rd through the first 3:30 minutes. Jardine was scoring off leg kicks and weak counter strikes, and yes takedowns that resulted in nothing. Then the upkick occurs, pt taken, and Mousasi turned it up, but based off the early portion of the Rd it's not crazy to say 10-8 Jardine, and therefore a draw...

Mousasi was easily winning the stand up fight int he first 330.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
LA wrote:
Mousasi thought the draw was warranted

But, in the 1st Rd, where this fight was decided, in terms of the draw, Mousasi was very quiet and losing the Rd through the first 3:30 minutes. Jardine was scoring off leg kicks and weak counter strikes, and yes takedowns that resulted in nothing. Then the upkick occurs, pt taken, and Mousasi turned it up, but based off the early portion of the Rd it's not crazy to say 10-8 Jardine, and therefore a draw...

Mousasi was easily winning the stand up fight int he first 330.

Easily? He wasn't throwing enough to be winning it easily, I'd say 60-75% of the strikes he landed in the 1st were after the pt deduction. The point is, until that point in the Rd, Jardine was keeping it even enough, but also scoring off 4 takedowns, not crazy to think the judges gave him the Rd even though Mousasi finished strong.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I saw no reason from this fight to believe Mousasi wouldn't get wrestled the fuck up by a bunch of dudes in the UFC division. For supposedly working on it so much pretty sad that Jardine was able to get deep on him against the cage with no problems and plant him.

Yeah and I think we don't even have to acknowledge the weak takedoen defense argument, but I think a guy like Hammill would give him a World of trouble let alone some of the other guys. Mousasi vs Lil Nog would be a great fight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:02 pm

LA wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yeah and I think we don't even have to acknowledge the weak takedoen defense argument, but I think a guy like Hammill would give him a World of trouble let alone some of the other guys. Mousasi vs Lil Nog would be a great fight.

Lol first name I was thinking of the other night after that fight when debating this question in my head
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:31 pm

In the first 3:30 of the fight moussasi landed about 2/3 hard shots while jardine landed about 5 clean leg kicks and 2 takedowns thus creating ring control. Also jardine was also the agressor. This was more than half the round and jardine was winning it thus giving him the round. Mousasi did open up and landed mire in the end but the majoruty of the round was all jardine. Now if we wer to break a fight down as to who did more damage and landed more effective blows throughout the entire fight than look no farther than machida/jackson, fitch/penn and diego/kampmann wer the real winners got screwed, machida/fitch/kampmann for they landed more damage and more effective punches throughout the entire fight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:   Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coker: Mousasi and Jardine will "probably" meet in a rematch:
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2