Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi

Go down 
+8
KingsOwn19
Farmer1906
throwdownfight1
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
OU
Primetyme199
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi Empty
PostSubject: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:17 pm

DH: Do you still want that rematch with Mousasi?

Hector Lombard: Bro, I want that rematch so bad. That’s the fight I want the most. When I fought him I wasn’t even training. I went to Japan to negotiate and sign a contract with Pride. I was supposed to sign it and come back to train while they found me a good matchup. After I sign the contract they tell me they want me to fight in 2 weeks. They told me the guy was young and inexperienced so I took the fight. When I saw who my opponent was I got a little pissed because, yeah he was young but he had lots of experience. I had nobody to train with out there and I was training like 1 or 2 hours a day for that fight. Today, if that fight happens, I will finish him in the first round. I will even move up to 205 to get that fight if he doesn’t want to fight me at 185.

Entire interview:
http://www.buddhasport.com/community/articles/688/when-lightning-strikes-hector-lombard-exclusive-interview-with-buddhasport
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm sure they can meet in Japan. Let's see it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:28 pm

205 seems too big for him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:34 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
205 seems too big for him.

I agree
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

I think 205 might be too big for Mousasi, I still think MW is probably where he would be best at.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:37 pm

OU wrote:
I think 205 might be too big for Mousasi, I still think MW is probably where he would be best at.
same here
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Lombard at 205 = lol

Would love to see Mousasi beat his ass though. Lombard is a douche
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:06 pm

If i was hector i'd be more interested in leaving bellator and signing with sf or the ufc for better match ups for him at mw. I would love to see him vs cung or robbie
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:47 pm

dumb
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:53 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Lombard at 205 = lol

Would love to see Mousasi beat his ass though. Lombard is a douche

Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi Rocks+Eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:27 am

He was great at the Bellator show, was nice the entire time. Didn't seem like a douche at all.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:08 pm

I've read too many things about him to ever be a fan. He's irrelevant anyway
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:00 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Like...

don't leave us in the dark..some of us here might like Lombard when we should not.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:46 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Like...

don't leave us in the dark..some of us here might like Lombard when we should not.

You haven't heard a lot of the stories about him beating the shit out of the younger guys in camp and just being a total prick? I've read stuff like that on numerous occasions and while there's obviously no way to prove whether true or not, he comes off like that kind of guy to me. Therefore, I choose to dislike him
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:56 am

Lombard recently ripped on Vitor and said Jacare offers no threat to him......
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:35 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Like...

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5564:youre-probably-not-surprised-that-hector-lombard-nearly-fought-jacob-volkmann-at-att&catid=34:organizations

Quote :
"I was just rolling with the guys; we were getting ready for grappling practice, and Hector asked me to wrestle with him. He’s kind of big, but I wrestled and I know he didn’t wrestle. I didn’t know him at all. I know people said, ‘Just stay away from him when you’re on the feet.’ We did sparring the previous day, and people were, like, ‘Don’t go with that guy. Whatever you do, don’t go with that guy.’ I was, like, ‘Alright,’ but then the next day he asked me to wrestle with him."

"We were hand fighting for probably three minutes, and he karate chops me. I go, ‘OK, I must be irritating him somehow.’ Thirty seconds later, he pushes me back and punches me in the face [with] no glove on; gave me a bloody nose and some stars. I was a little irritated, although more disappointed than anything. I kind of rolled my eyes and started walking away, and he tried to fight me right there. He lost it, lost a nerve, and somebody came in and stopped it."

"He told me that I kept on pushing him in the face. I was working his head and trying to get an underhook to try to set up for a shot, so he punched me in the face."

"I just stayed off his head, so I didn’t shoot. I just underhooked him, and I threw him, pushed him off the mat. Sometimes, I do a throw-by. One time, I [swept] him to his back. I wasn’t going 100 percent because I didn’t want to take him down, because a guy like that, if you take him down, he’s going to spaz, so I just kind of played with him a little bit."

"He’s got no endurance. He’s got like three minutes of endurance. The secret to beating him is get close [and use] dirty boxing. He’ll get so tired after three minutes, you’ll win."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:38 pm

yeah i saw this last week, i guess he's a little grouch and a big baby when it comes to shit like this, not the first incident with him at all
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm

OK...so we have one side of the story from the guy who had to get a visit from federal agents for talking about fighting the president. I'm sure this guy is extremely level headed and it's fair to assume Hector Lombard was pressing all the buttons in this sparring session.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi Volkmann-for-president-500x375
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:47 pm

as i've said it's not the first time Lombard has been involved in something like this... idont have links but i really don't care about it as it wont affect me one bit
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm

I've read similar stories. Lombard strikes me as meathead that would get worked by a semi-talented wrestler.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:50 pm

Going with Volkmann, I read Lombard act like Vitor sucks and say Jacare offers no threats to him at all, seems like a big douche.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I've read similar stories. Lombard strikes me as meathead that would get worked by a semi-talented wrestler.

lol...the wrestling buff.

Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 pm

LA wrote:
Going with Volkmann, I read Lombard act like Vitor sucks and say Jacare offers no threats to him at all, seems like a big douche.

but in an MMA fight Lombard or Volkmann

I think Lombard is highly overrated, but Volkmann is trying to put the book out on how to beat Lombard and he'd likely be ground and pounded for the duration of a 3 or 5 rounder or knocked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi   Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi Empty

Back to top Go down

Lombard: I will go up to 205 for rematch with Mousasi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next