Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ben Askren fights to win

Go down 
+9
captain organic
Bigs03
LA
SOKO
corydd7
bobbitt15
Primetyme199
killerofchicken
OU
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Ben Askren fights to win Empty
PostSubject: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:58 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/7/2096829/bellators-ben-askren-is-not-impressed-by-bonus-chasing-losers-like
Quote :
"I think people like that are losers because, in my mind, a fight's about winning, not about putting on a show. We're not singers, we're not actors, we are mixed martial artists or fighters or athletes, whichever way you wanna do it and that's about winning ... When you're fighting for 25 minutes, every fan and their mother can talk shit about this and that and don't finish fights. Well, why don't they get in there and fight for 25 minutes? That's a long time. And you got to win before you show. I mean, people that show on top of winning, say Anderson Silva, that dude now he's a showman but he's also won, what, 13 fights in a row? So, obviously, he can do it. And there's people like Leonard Garcia who goes out and puts on a show but he's like 3-5 in his last 8 fights. Like, c'mon dude."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:00 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Does Bellator even give the sub,ko and fight of the night bonuses? But overall I would agree with Ben. I use the same arguement when people demand GSP move up in weight. His job is to win and his weight class, that is his job. But fans demand more and talk shit.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 pm

OU wrote:
Does Bellator even give the sub,ko and fight of the night bonuses? But overall I would agree with Ben. I use the same arguement when people demand GSP move up in weight. His job is to win and his weight class, that is his job. But fans demand more and talk shit.

They do not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:16 pm

I didn't think they did. I actually don't think it would change his mentality but you never know.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:26 pm

I forgot about Askren on my list of most hated fighters. Douche
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I forgot about Askren on my list of most hated fighters. Douche

+1
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:42 pm

+2 he = kos jr in and out of the ring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Actually it's about making money and fighting the way he does in Bellator he wouldn't be making much.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Atleast Kos puts on exciting fights every once in a while. Askren is 100% snoozefest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 pm

True. Koscheck makes you watch because you want to see him get beat. Askren makes you want to change the channel.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:46 pm

garcia might be a loser cause he fights to put on a show and not win but ben askren is a boring as they come hands down. He makes sheilds, fitch, etc look amazing. If I had to pick one fighters style I hate the most it would be bens so in that since I could give a shit what he says regardless of him having a point.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:47 pm

By the way Im a little biased due to the fact that ben is known for making judges fall a sleep on the job not to mention he cant squash a grape to save his life.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 pm

Garcia is only a loser if you finish him. Otherwise he is Charlie Sheening that bitch!(WINNING!)
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:55 pm

OU wrote:
Garcia is only a loser if you finish him. Otherwise he is Charlie Sheening that bitch!(WINNING!)

haha good one I agree just stating what askren said
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Askren and Sheilds would be a sick matchup, probably boring fight though.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 pm

LA wrote:

no offense la but probably is a huge understatement
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:49 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
LA wrote:

Touché

We could observe proper hugging technique.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm

LA wrote:
sokolkevin wrote:
LA wrote:

Touché

We could observe proper hugging technique.

I don't think Askren is ready for Fitch. I think Hendricks could probably beat him right now.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Was talking Sheilds, but agree.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:05 pm

LA wrote:
Was talking Sheilds, but agree.

haha yeah my bad. Fitch vs Shields could be interesting. Wake me when it's over.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Askren needs a couple years to be a top tier UFC WW you dont win belts NOW adays by having one skill. At least Kos has KO power, Askren needs improved standup..........by a mile or develope his BJJ skills ala Matt Hughes who i think he compares very well to.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Fitch or Shields work over Little Ben eom.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:10 pm

Agree with this thread.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:00 am

Askren getting alot of hate.

Im no fan of top position grinders, but Askren should get a semi pass based on the fact that he has been in this sport for such a short time. Lets see if his game develops.

Although any professional sport is a form of entertainment. It is about putting on a show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben Askren fights to win   Ben Askren fights to win Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Askren fights to win
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next