Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Askren vs Lima

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
killerofchicken
Ninja
KingsOwn19
SOKO
GDPofDRC
Birdofthad
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 pm

Tonights main event on Bellator tonight is Ben Askren defending his belt against Douglas Lima.
Askren had a tough time with Hieron's stand up but was still able to get the takedowns, Lima is on a 9 fight win streak and has much better stand up than Askren does.

Askren has been working with Duke Roufus so hopefully he can keep things under control before he can land the takedown. I think that Askrens wrestling will win the decision, I personally enjoy Funky's wrestling and enjoy watching his style.

Also the 2nd round of Bellators best tournament IMO is on so check it out
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm

some good fights tonight on Bellalalalator!!

Looking forward to Sandro Bezzera.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:22 pm

ya man Sandro vs Bezzera is a really tough fight to pick, I went with Sandro but Bezzera winning won't shoo k me at all, also got Ueda and nakahara on, should be a good night of fights
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:31 pm

I hope askren get his ass handed to him. I for one dont like him as a fighter but just my opinion. By far the most boring person I have ever seen fight hands down.... if you want my reasoning
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm

hope Lima flattens him.

Good card tonight

Sandro/Popo
Ueda/Marx
Lima/Nakamura

the prelims are pretty good as well

Horodecki vs. Richman and some good prospects like Nordine Taleb.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:34 pm

SOKO wrote:
I hope askren get his ass handed to him. I for one dont like him as a fighter but just my opinion. By far the most boring person I have ever seen fight hands down.... if you want my reasoning

Askren vs Lima  20090622093942_tyronwoodley
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:48 pm

Askren vs Lima  1332564618625

This is legendary. I can think of at least two separate occasions I sought out this gif for a thread and came up empty many many hours later.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 pm

i can see how people call him boring but he is one of the best grapplers in the division, his wrestling is on par with anyone else's in the division and his BJJ is coming along, he tries to pass, and does pass guard a lot, it isn't like he just sits there.
His stand up is his biggest weakness but that hasn't mattered so far, most people can't avoid being on their back verse Askren.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Askren isn't boring at all...he is one of the most exciting grapplers out there and was the most exciting collegiate wrestler of all time due to his style ... the guy is constantly trying to pass guard or punch on top.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:28 pm

Damn, Richman was very impressive. Smoked Horodecki
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:16 pm

SOKO wrote:
i just dont think limas the guy to beat him tho... but i feel pretty muchthe same way
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 pm

19-18 Rodrigo Lima

Nakamura has completed two takedowns and got hit in the nuts a couple times. No advancing position, no established control, no ground and pound nor attempt to, and fighting off sub after sub. If Lima does not finish, this will be a chance for the judges to call one of these fights right.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:37 pm

horrible decision. No wonder BJJ is not as dominant as it can be...it's ignored completely by judges unless it's left out of their hands. Sitting in the guard and fighting off submissions is NOT winning...it is NOT control. Nakamura was on the defensive the entire fight.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:11 pm

29-28 Marx

Ueda was able to establish good positions and showed good technique, but seemed to lack the strengh the hold position. Maybe 125, if he loses.

I don't think the tournament winner emerged tonight. Ueda and Lima had the most buzz out of the 4 tonight, and Lima got hosed and Ueda just looked weak. Marx looks pretty good but don't think he has the talent to match the other 4 recycled tournament contestants. Maybe Galvao will stop getting robbed and emerge.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Apparently Sandro is landing everything he throws while Bezerra hasn't landed a strike the whole fight
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm

Lol Bezerra is checking half these inside leg kicks that dude is gushing over
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Classic case of younger guy having way too much respect for the older veteran he likes. Bezerra was the faster, fresher and better fighter and didn't let it go enough
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:47 pm

29-28 Sandro

Popo hurt Sandro twice though. Sandro once again fades in the 3rd. It does not look like he's tired, just like it didnt vs. Curran. He just starts coasting and becomes the hunted.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Apparently Sandro is landing everything he throws while Bezerra hasn't landed a strike the whole fight

yeah, Jimmy Smith is developing Rogan syndrome for this event. He clings on to a nutsack in round 1 and stays on them the entire fight.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Gonna be close. I think bezzeazes came on too late though. Sandro 29-28.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:54 pm

yeah, right guy won on the cards..but Popo really sold himself short, he could have won the fight if he was even just a little more agressive.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Pretty underwhelming event so far. The BW fights didnt deliver as i hoped and Sandro-Popo was a lot more restrained than i hoped. Let's go Lima.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm

knock this fucking clown out !
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:07 pm

bad decision by Lima. He should have tried to established back control.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:10 pm

10-9 Askren

Lima showed some good time early on. He fucked up by going for the armbar off the sweep. That was a chance to get his back or atleast stand back up.

Askren just sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Askren vs Lima  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Askren vs Lima    Askren vs Lima  Empty

Back to top Go down

Askren vs Lima
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next