Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th Empty
PostSubject: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:53 am

Lima just tweeted the fight date as April 6th. He will win, which will be sweet since I hate Askren.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:04 am

I'm just wondering where Lima will be in the WW rankings after he wins?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:43 pm

Neither are top 10 now and wont be after the fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:46 pm

freakzilla wrote:
No UFC no ranking...AHHHHH DANA FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Neither have ever beat a fighter even close to being top 10.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:

Neither have ever beat a fighter even close to being top 10.
So where are they ranked in your mind? Top 25? Top 100? Do you even watch Bellator? Do wins outside of the UFC not count? He hasn't lost in 2.5 years, he is about to hold both MFC and Bellator titles. But yeah, he sucks.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

You're one of those people who focus far too much on "names". You do little to no actual analysis of what actual happens in the cage. You have come out and said that point blank before in the past. You made it very clear you look at outcomes of fights and the actual fight means nothing to you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

He hasn't lost in 2.5 years because he's fighting cans. There are at least 15 UFC and Strikeforce fighters that would have won all those fights as well. I'm not going to have this argument again though. Believe whatever you want to believe.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I don't think its a sure thing Lima beats Askren. Lima is talented, but Askren can stifle and frustrate him. Should be a good fight. With regard to rankings, I do agree with OU that these two could potentially be top 10 guys, but unfortunately, you have to fight top 10 guys to get that honor. While we can speculate that they would compete well with and beat some of the top 10 guys, at this point its just speculation. And this is not a pro UFC anti-everyone else point Im making. For example, I would never argue that Melendez wasnt top 10 while in Strikeforce, because he has beat big names and guys who were ranked in the top 10. Lima and Askren are both very good welterweights, but eventually, they have to move from Bellator and start fighting the best.

Last edited by jimbojones1950 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:13 pm

freakzilla wrote:
He hasn't lost in 2.5 years because he's fighting cans. There are at least 15 UFC and Strikeforce fighters that would have won all those fights as well. I'm not going to have this argument again though. Believe whatever you want to believe.
LOL oh man. So they were all "cans"? The more you post, the more you prove my point.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
I don't think its a sure thing Lima beats Askren. Lima is talented, but Askren can stifle and frustrate him. Should be a good fight.
Oh surprise to surprise, Jimbo takes the wrestler, lol just messing with you. Lima is going to beat on Askren's face until he takes him down, where he will be in danger of submission the entire time. Eventually Askren won't be able to hold him down and he will be sub'd or TKO'd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:19 pm

jimbojones1950 wrote:
I don't think its a sure thing Lima beats Askren. Lima is talented, but Askren can stifle and frustrate him. Should be a good fight. With regard to rankings, I do agree with OU that these two could potentially be top 10 guys, but unfortunately, you have to fight top 10 guys to get that honor. While we can speculate that they would compete well with and beat some of the top 10 guys, at this point its just speculation. And this is not a pro UFC anti-everyone else point Im making. For example, I would never argue that Melendez wasnt top 10 while in Strikeforce, because he has beat big names and guys who were ranked in the top 10. Lima and Askren are both very good welterweights, but eventually, they have to move from Bellator and start fighting the best.

Well said. My point exactly. I didn't say Askren and Lima aren't talented but they have to beat the best to get a top 10 ranking.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:19 pm

I think Askren's bjj is underestimated a lot. He hasn't been able to implement submissions yet in actual fights (other then a few early in his career), but his bjj is getting really good. I think he wears Lima down and wins a decision. Lima won't be as aggressive with his strikes in fear of the takedown.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 pm

freakzilla wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

Well said. My point exactly. I didn't say Askren and Lima aren't talented but they have to beat the best to get a top 10 ranking.
Please, don't piggy back on someone with actual insight. Weak.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Arsken is borderline top ten right now depending on who you ask. His last four wins are all against quality opponents with Hieron being the best of them who was before losing to Arsken at the same position, top ten but not ranked that way. He was ranked like Barnett, who was consensus #2, didn't fight dirty but tested that way, kept fighting elsewhere and never lost yet is still ranked outside many top ten lists, making no sense what so ever. Hieron was high ranked but after Diaz ducked him his rank started going down with each win. Really most know what he is though as far as standing. Winner of Lima Arsken is top ten, weather pundits or noobs believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Arsken is borderline top ten right now depending on who you ask. His last four wins are all against quality opponents with Hieron being the best of them who was before losing to Arsken at the same position, top ten but not ranked that way. He was ranked like Barnett, who was consensus #2, didn't fight dirty but tested that way, kept fighting elsewhere and never lost yet is still ranked outside many top ten lists, making no sense what so ever. Hieron was high ranked but after Diaz ducked him his rank started going down with each win. Really most know what he is though as far as standing. Winner of Lima Arsken is top ten, weather pundits or noobs believe it or not.
droppin' knowledge.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:02 pm

I have Kampmann ranked 10th right now and would pick him to beat both of them so they'll stay outside my top ten for now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Askren get it done although its a dangerous matchup
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 3:06 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
I have Kampmann ranked 10th right now and would pick him to beat both of them so they'll stay outside my top ten for now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Askren get it done although its a dangerous matchup
I think that would be a fun matchup. Kamp vs Lima.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Almost time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th   Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th Empty

Back to top Go down

Douglas Lima takes Ben Askren's title on April 6th
Page 1 of 1