Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The DREAM big stiffy strikes again

Go down 
+3
MMAEYES
LA
KingsOwn19
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

The DREAM big stiffy strikes again Empty
PostSubject: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:45 am

Gesias "JZ" Calvalcante is the most recent inductee to the "i havent got paid by DREAM for my last fight" club

http://www.examiner.com/mma-in-toledo/interview-with-strikeforce-lightweight-gesias-jz-cavalcante

BH: I know in a couple interviews you mentioned that you hadn’t been paid for your last fight against Kikuno. Has Dream finally stepped up and paid you?

JZ Cavalcante: No, I still haven’t been paid, man. The fight was in July and now we’re in February and now I don’t even care about it, you know? My manager keeps calling them and the guys from FEG who are supposed to say something they don’t answer the phones, they don’t reply. It’s really disappointing. I don’t know. There’s not much I can do. I hope I can get the money, they pay and I hope they get better. I hope they get some sponsors to support their events because it’s really disrespectful to the fighters.

I invest all my money in my career. Everything I do, I do for fights. That’s my priority in life, that’s what I do. That’s my work, that’s my job. Everything I do, I invest my money, I do my stuff, I have to set up camp, I have to eat good. All those things cost money and when you fight you need that money back, you know? I’m not upset like “oh, f*ck them!” but it’s the kind of thing that I wish they had more respect like they could come to me and say “look, we don’t have the money now but we gonna pay this time or that time” because that is the problem. When they don’t answer, they don’t reply, they don’t say anything. That’s really disrespectful. Maybe getting the news out will help.

*added*
and another one...
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/16/1996953/mma-promoter-feg-owe-you-money-get-in-line-behind-alistair-overeem
"I won K-1...and they've not paid me yet," Overeem told Jon Anik with a smile. "By the contract they have 48 hours to pay me. It's a little bit of a question mark."
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 am

Sengoku won't be the only promotion losins fighters at this rate.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:39 am

Man Dream is about to lose all my support. I wish they wouldn't suck but they do. Fighters need to ask for their money to show upfront. And if they deny, deny them and watch them sink even faster
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:45 pm

and another one...
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/16/1996953/mma-promoter-feg-owe-you-money-get-in-line-behind-alistair-overeem
"I won K-1...and they've not paid me yet," Overeem told Jon Anik with a smile. "By the contract they have 48 hours to pay me. It's a little bit of a question mark."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:47 pm

why even fight for them? i mean, really?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
why even fight for them? i mean, really?

That's what I'm saying everyone should just say fuck them. I bet the japanese fighters get paid.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:53 pm

i doubt it, they just dont have anyone to speak for them like these guys do
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 11:21 pm

The Japanese guys probably know how to get the money through legal proceedings and all that because they live in Japan, so FEG probably does not bother stiffing them though i don't know how it works there. When these outsiders like Americans, Brazilians, Canadians, Europeans get stiffed, the best they can do is keep calling and hope to get a call back because that is how every story of the big stiffy has gone.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:24 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
The Japanese guys probably know how to get the money through legal proceedings and all that because they live in Japan, so FEG probably does not bother stiffing them though i don't know how it works there. When these outsiders like Americans, Brazilians, Canadians, Europeans get stiffed, the best they can do is keep calling and hope to get a call back because that is how every story of the big stiffy has gone.

That or they are more easily accessible to the Yakuza.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 am

They are dead. They may put together another fight or two, but unless someone with big money invest, they will go under by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
They are dead. They may put together another fight or two, but unless someone with big money invest, they will go under by the end of the year.

Looking to add another name to your tombstone Dana? Don't get too excited, I think DREAM will be around longer then you think.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:35 pm

We need a top ten list of Fighters who haven't been paid in Japan lately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DREAM big stiffy strikes again   The DREAM big stiffy strikes again Empty

Back to top Go down

The DREAM big stiffy strikes again
Page 1 of 1