Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG

Go down 
+7
Andrew the Raider King
MMAEYES
killerofchicken
captain organic
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
11 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG Empty
PostSubject: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 pm

You can add Ralek Gracie's name to the growing list of fighters who are upset with Japan's Dream organization, and his complaint against his former employers is all too familiar.

Gracie (3-0) told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani on Monday afternoon's edition of "The MMA Hour" that the FEG-backed promotion has not paid him a single penny of what he's owed for his win over Japanese legend Kazushi Sakuraba at Dream.14 on May 29. And after waiting patiently for more than four months for the check to arrive, Gracie is through keeping quiet about it.

"I fought [Sakuraba] on May 29 and under my contract I was supposed to be paid 30 days after my fight, in full, and I haven't been paid yet," Gracie said. "The Dream organization puts on a wonderful show. They're, in my opinion, the top show in terms of production, but on the back end, as far as handling the finances, they haven't really taken care of me in a way that I expected and a way I feel is honorable and a way they should."

Gracie may be the most recent fighter to lodge such allegations against Dream, but he's by no means the first. MMA pioneer Gary Goodridge, who recently said he still hasn't been paid for his fight on the Dynamite!! 2009 New Year's Eve event, and Dream featherweight champ Bibiano Fernandes, who reportedly wasn't paid until September for a bout in March, have both made similar complaints to the media.

Much like Goodridge, Gracie said he's not only been unsuccessful in securing payment for his fight, but also hasn't even been able to get a response from the organization lately.

"I had two different people contacting them," Gracie said. "I sent them emails personally, and they haven't even responded to my emails. They're just completely avoiding everything and it's a complete mess."

Gracie said he knows that some other fighters on the card, such as Strikeforce welterweight champ Nick Diaz, have been paid for their services, but at this point he's resigned himself to the possibility that he may never see a dime for his win over Sakuraba.

"I was told that I was going to be paid every month for the last three or four months, so at this point, what I've been told and what the truth is are two different things. I'm not really expecting it anymore."

Instead, Gracie said, his goal in going public is to warn other fighters about the potential financial pitfalls of fighting for Dream.

"I think it's important that fighters know, before going to Japan, you should have a deal that either gives you your money up front or in some kind of escrow account, to make sure the money is available after the fight," said Gracie. "...I feel like they've had two shows or three shows since my fight. I don't understand how they're still doing shows and they're just signing fighters up and fighters aren't getting paid. So to me it's not the right way to do business and it's not the right way to treat people."

MMA Fighting
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:00 pm

So unfortunate. Their last card was awesome, and I don't want to hate this promotion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

That sucks. Great comments by Gracie, great choice of words and phrases, and the message, his goal in going public is to warn other fighters about the potential financial pitfalls of fighting for Dream. He wants to do them harm, and rightfully so. Those guys need to get their act together.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
So unfortunate. Their last card was awesome, and I don't want to hate this promotion.

eh, their last card had a bunch of easy to pick fights. good star power, but too many not so competitive matchups.

They better get their act togethor or more and more fighters will look elsewhere for work.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 11:46 pm

It's dirty. I like DREAM's show and all that but the fact that this keeps happening to international fighters like americans, brazilians, etc. that don't have ties to their american partners in Strikeforce shows that they feel that other than incessantly trying to contact the organization, there is nothing these guys can do about it except never fight for the promotion again...and if they arent stars in Japan, DREAM could not care less.

It's sad because we're most likely talking about thousands of dollars that guys like Gracie and Goodridge have decided to accept that they won't get because there is nothing they can really do about it. Bibiano atleast had the leverage of being FW champ in a fairly FW rich organization.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:24 am

Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG Surprise
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:05 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

I'm so with you on that, I loved the last card, hell I've liked the last couple. But I can't be down for a promotion that doesn't pay their fighters. That is just bullshit
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:08 am

They do have good production, but they are major failures as business men. They will be bought out inside of the next 12 months.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:10 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
They do have good production, but they are major failures as business men. They will be bought out inside of the next 12 months.

You do know they are not owned by Zuffa, right Dana?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am

I bet he is thinking about it though, particularly if he can use it as leverage to get a foot into Japan.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:25 am

man Dream step up
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:31 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I bet he is thinking about it though, particularly if he can use it as leverage to get a foot into Japan.

Is that the only reason you give it props? So you can promote it when you buy it out?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

I am not giving DREAM Props. It is distasteful that fighters have to train, travel, eat and handle their social responsibilities, but not recieve their paycheck. And no I am not buying them. My wife's and I collective salasy is 60k
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

You get a salasy too

I have no salary yet, my rents make some bank, I lika to mooch off them
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 5:35 pm

LMAO! Sorry, salary. No I am a little to old to be mooching. I am aiming for having a retirement set-up and ready to roll by 55 and no bills in sight. Then work another 10 years just to stuff money in the bank. We figure we will have a smidge over a million in the bank by then and enough coming in from retirement to be able to leave it to are kids.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:34 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:36 pm

haha i couldnt find this thread to post this

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeah there were I think 2 threads about him not being paid. But the new news is him being paid, just only half of what he was owed.
http://www.ninjasplace.com/t10887-gary-goodridge-still-not-paid-for-2009-new-years-eve-bout?highlight=goodridge
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:55 pm

OU wrote:
Yeah there were I think 2 threads about him not being paid. But the new news is him being paid, just only half of what he was owed.
http://www.ninjasplace.com/t10887-gary-goodridge-still-not-paid-for-2009-new-years-eve-bout?highlight=goodridge
i think he was suppose to get payed 30k and they took off 9k for taxes...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm

They should have paid the taxes for holding out on him so long! I bet they gave themselves paychecks though...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:19 pm

This really sucks and I feel bad for the fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG   Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG Empty

Back to top Go down

Another fighter gets the big stiffy from DREAM/FEG
Page 1 of 1