Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva

Go down 
+11
redvexx8
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
timthebim
NoRegret
acccardinal12
Andrew the Raider King
josh200612
Jamal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva?
Fedor Emelianenko
Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Vote_lcap63%Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Vote_rcap
 63% [ 10 ]
Anderson Silva
Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Vote_lcap37%Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Vote_rcap
 37% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Empty
PostSubject: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:51 am

Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva?
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:53 am

Even though Silva is 2 years older and is still on top I have to give it to Fedor. He has fought better quality opposition and fights much bigger fighters. Silva has usually always been the bigger fighter in his fights.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 am

neither. i just can't vote right now but i would pick Silva out of the two cause he does not tip toe around fighters.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:14 am

Fedor doesn't tip toe around anyone.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:38 am

Jamal wrote:
Fedor doesn't tip toe around anyone.

his management does.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 am

People say because he didn't sign with the UFC but when you're the man then you don't have to chase anyone they have to chase you.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 am

I have been saying it for years and everyone (practically) pissed in my face over my statement. Until he fought an elite BJJ practitioner in Werdum, who had an awesome game plan, he hadn't fought anyone of quality since his last bout with CC. After watching this last fight, we now know why Randy wanted to fight him so bad. Silva is still defeating the best his division has to offer, has been fighting high quality opponents, even pulling out a squeaker against Chael Sonnen, as well as a highlight reel front snap kick against Vitor Belfort.

Anderson Silva is the best of all time...at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 am

You do know Anderson Silva has 4 losses in his career also?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 am

Only 1 more than Fedor? Not impressed by the logic.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:57 am

You're talking like Fedor is awful because he lost. Everyone losses. Also Anderson Silva isn't fighting guys 50 pounds heavier than him.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:24 am

So he is fighting more impressive competition and smarter. Thanks for pointing that out Jamal.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:49 am

More impressive competition? You mean like the great Demian Maia, Thales Leites, Patrick Cote, Travis Lutter and James Irvin?

Silva is smarter because he fights in the weakest division in MMA when he can easily fight at LHW which is the strongest division.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Spider is the most overrated of all time and he fights hand picked cans by the UFC. Same thing could be said for Fedro. The GOAT is a man named CUNG LE! lol
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Yeah Cung Le! LMAO! Dude have you seen some of the cans they have thrown at Fedor? I grant the Thales argument, Maia was more of filler than anything. I will grant the point at LHW, but if both are arguments are sound (mine more than yours), then I guess GSP might be the best of all time.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I chose the Spider, because we have yet to see him fall on the big stage...Fedor has done that his last two fights.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Spider if u ask me but it is crazy close.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:57 pm

Silva is one of the few men who has an argument. LHW is his only path to being the all time GOAT in my opinion. It can happen at MW but it's a ways off if that's to be the case.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Silva has beaten an overated champion in Franklin, a past his peak Henderson, a scared Griffin and a drugged up Sonnen. The rest of his wins are against nobodies.

Fedor has beaten the 2nd greatest HW of all-time in Big Nog twice, beaten a prime Cro Cop, Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman and Matt Lindland.

Fedor's resume is much better than Silva's. If Silva wants to be considered the best of all-time he has to win the LHW title not fight the much smaller GSP.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Did you really just bash Franklin and Hendo and then list Randleman and Lindland on Fedor's list of accomplishments?
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:15 pm

I didn't bash Hendo. I said when Silva fought him Hendo wasn't as good as his pride days. Franklin is the most overated fighter of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 pm

When Randleman fought Fedor he was coming of a win against Cro Cop. The Lindland add was a bit of a stretch though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:29 pm

where do i go to vote neither?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
cant believe they didnt include a ken shamrock option... who made this thread?
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:43 pm

They are both Heavy Weights except one chooses to cut a lot of weight so he can be at an advantage fighting smaller guys.

One jumps into the guard of BBJ experts welcoming their challenge while the other dances.

Right now Fedor is the GOAT but Anderson is not done yet and still taking names.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:19 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:
cant believe they didnt include a ken shamrock option... who made this thread?

Lollllllllllllllllllllll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva   Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest of All-Time? Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next