Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12

Go down 
+7
captain organic
acccardinal12
Ninja
Birdofthad
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
Primetyme199
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
Overeem vs Sergi 3 also confirmed.

As a tournament fight? I wouldn't care if it isn't. As long as he is around for the winner of the tourney.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
there ya go strikeforce

Fedor should win but this fight will be fun IMO

What if Werdum gets upset by Rogers man that would suck (although highly unlikely)

Barnett should have no trouble with Andrei at this point

I actually see Rogers as being a major threat in that fight. Just do not follow Werdum to the ground and he'll be in good shape.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:44 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Sergei and Cormier or SDR will be the final guys. I don't see them leaving Sergei out.

They are going to be left in reserve in case someone gets hurt and they'll fill in.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Looks like they are already taking Barnett out and replacing him with Sergei Kharitonov.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:05 pm

So this is all going to go down while Cain is out of action and the UFC title sits idle? Ouch. I expect an ultra irritated Dana in the coming months.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm

captain organic wrote:
So this is all going to go down while Cain is out of action [/b]and the UFC title sits idle? Ouch. I expect an ultra irritated Dana in the coming months.

lol and a couple of posters here as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 pm

captain organic wrote:
So this is all going to go down while Cain is out of action and the UFC title sits idle? Ouch. I expect an ultra irritated Dana in the coming months.

interim anyone?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
captain organic wrote:

interim anyone?
I guess, but it still looks like the side dish.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm

captain organic wrote:

And the HW Title will still have only been defended once in 3 years....Not sure Dana's that concerned with the biggest draw in MMA history still on his roster.

It's a cool idea in terms of fights, but not really neccessary, that belt needs to be defended. And why would Overeem be in the tourney, he's the belt holder.

Month ntoice on the fight as usual
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:28 pm

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:

And the HW Title will still have only been defended once in 3 years....Not sure Dana's that concerned with the biggest draw in MMA history still on his roster.

It's a cool idea in terms of fights, but not really neccessary, that belt needs to be defended. And why would Overeem be in the tourney, he's the belt holder.

Month ntoice on the fight as usual

What is more interesting then the one defence in 3 years is how SF, an org that has been putting on MMA events for about 4 years, has already put togethor the best collection of Hwy's in the world.

And now hosting a grand prix to boot?

Only the biggest of UFC fanboys would nit pick.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:31 pm

I said it was a cool idea, but does it make sense right now with the SF HW Champion having only 1 Title defense in 3 years as Champion? especially with worthy contenders?

And the UFC still has the better collection of HWs, rethink that one.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm

LA wrote:
I said it was a cool idea, but does it make sense right now with the SF HW Champion having only 1 Title defense in 3 years as Champion? especially with worthy contenders?

LA we all know the 1 defense in 3 years critique is a dishonest one.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:51 pm

This tourney happening would be the biggest thing to happen for MMA fans in the HW division in a long time.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 11:58 pm

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

It is? The worthy contenders should be getting Title shots against Overeem...

I mean we all like good fights, the tourney has some and other matches that really wouldn't top my list in their Org. It goes out of the way in the division at a time they really didn't need to setup a tourney, if it was all guys just outside the top contending HWs close to a Title shot, Werdum, Fedor, Silva, it would make more sense.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 am

LA wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

It is?
The worthy contenders should be getting Title shots against Overeem...

I mean we all like good fights, the tourney has some and other matches that really wouldn't top my list in their Org. It goes out of the way in the division at a time they really didn't need to setup a tourney, if it was all guys just outside the top contending HWs close to a Title shot, Werdum, Fedor, Silva, it would make more sense.

Of coarse it is. You know this.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:02 am

?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 am

They don't need this tourney, but as a mma fan, I could not be more pleased they are wanting to go above and beyond in that division with this. It's a big deal. I have an obligation to want to see this become a reality.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

I'd prefer if Overeem fought Werdum.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:40 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Exactly, and you could still have Fedor vs Silva for next shot, then Barnett, Rosario, Rogers, Serg, ect in a nice little tourney in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:41 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I don't think they would want to match these two up early in the tournament. I think Overeem gets Rogers like stated and Overeem will fight Barnett if he gets reinstated.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:42 am

He's saying no tourney
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:11 pm

I think it is kind of a bullshit tourney, if it goes as stated. Grim? AA? Strikeforce, like the UFC has a problem in the HW division. They have at the most 5 legit fighters. Fedor, Werdum, Overeem, Del Rosario, and Silva are the only fighters in that division worth a shit at SF. While they are at bringing AA in, might as well invite Tim Sylvia too?

I can't believe people think the SF HW Division is better than the UFC's, that is ludicrous.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 pm

UFC is deep, but not better. Unless UFC is your only MMA.

Fedor________Cain
Overeem______JDS
Werdum______Carwin
Barnett_______Lesnar
Silva_________Mir
Sergei________Nog
AA___________Schaub
Rodgers______Nelson
Rosario_______Congo
Johnson______Rothwell
Cormier ______Cro Cop
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:30 pm

You would have to hate MMA to not want to see this tournament go down.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
UFC is deep, but not better. Unless UFC is your only MMA.

Fedor________Cain
Overeem______JDS
Werdum______Carwin
Barnett_______Lesnar
Silva_________Mir
Sergei________Nog
AA___________Schaub
Rodgers______Nelson
Rosario_______Congo
Johnson______Rothwell
Cormier ______Cro Cop
as you get down the list the SF side looks a lot better than the UFC... just sayin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12   Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Emelianenko-Silva, HW Tourney Slated for Feb. 12
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next