Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.

Go down 
+8
OU
KingsOwn19
chorky777
GDPofDRC
StickyDrumGuy
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
captain organic
12 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. Empty
PostSubject: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Ya know, I can understand being duped while Brock carried the aura of Brock the Hulk, but Cain picked up where Carwin left off in smashing that aura and exposing Brock as a very vulnerable fighter.

Heavyweight

1. Cain Velasquez (9-0)
During his first week at the American Kickboxing Academy, trainers thought Velasquez was a future UFC heavyweight champion. On Oct. 21 in Anaheim, Calif., he made that a reality, blowing away Brock Lesnar in the first round to claim the UFC heavyweight crown. While he can celebrate for now, Velasquez will have to return early next year to defend his throne against fellow young heavyweight Junior dos Santos.

2. Brock Lesnar (5-2)
Debates over wrestling laurels, physical size and the like all went out the window at UFC 121, as Lesnar just could not compete with Cain Velasquez. Lesnar was battered from pillar-to-post for over four minutes, en route to losing his title to Velasquez in a one-sided thumping.

3. Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1)
On Aug. 18, Werdum underwent surgery and had 27 loose bone fragments removed from his left elbow. Already in physiotherapy to rehab, the author of 2010’s most significant upset now targets a return to action in the first quarter of 2011.

4. Fedor Emelianenko (31-2, 1 NC)
The chicanery of another Emelianenko pre-fight has begun. Emelianenko’s promoters at M-1 have openly announced their interest in fighting Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem, on the condition that the Dutchman submits to Olympic-style drug testing. Naturally, little headway has been made surrounding Emelianenko’s next bout.

5. Junior dos Santos (12-1)
Dos Santos’ next step is now clear. Courtesy of Cain Velasquez’s thrashing of Brock Lesnar at UFC 121 on Oct. 23, “Cigano” will challenge Velasquez for the UFC heavyweight crown in early 2011 in a great pairing of thrilling young heavyweights.

6. Shane Carwin (12-1)
The second half of 2010 has been rough for Carwin. After falling to Brock Lesnar in dramatic fashion in their July UFC title bout, his name was connected to a federal steroids investigation. The mammoth Coloradan will get the chance to start 2011 on a higher note, as he meets “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 10 winner Roy Nelson at UFC 125 on Jan. 1.

7. Frank Mir (14-5)
At UFC 119, Mir and Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic underwhelmed the Indianapolis crowd for 14 minutes with a dreadful exhibition of aimless clinching. Finally, with just 58 ticks left in the fight, Mir landed a colossal knee that crushed the Croat, notching one of the least impressive highlight-reel KOs in recent memory.[

8. Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC)
The Strikeforce heavyweight champion’s efforts continue to come in kickboxing rather than MMA. “The Demolition Man” earned an easy first-round KO over Aussie Ben Edwards on Oct. 2 in Seoul, South Korea, to advance to December’s K-1 World Grand Prix finale in Yokohama, Japan. As for an MMA return, it remains anyone’s guess for now.

9. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (32-6-1, 1 NC)
Back in December 2008, Nogueira was taken out by Frank Mir in lopsided fashion. He was scheduled for a chance at redemption against Mir at UFC 119 on Sept. 25, until a hip injury struck, forcing “Minotauro” from the fight and onto the surgeon’s table.

10. Antonio Silva (14-2)
Silva’s hope was that he would get to face Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem. With “The Demolition Man” dealing with his K-1 duties in December, “Pezao” will instead meet the Dutchman’s older brother, Valentijn Overeem, on Dec. 4 in St. Louis.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:06 pm

mir @ 7 eats me up! i STRONGLY DISAGREE once again with sherdogs rankings!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:11 pm

Sherdog will keep Mir in their rankings long after he retired.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Ouch Minotauro still ranked?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
StickyDrumGuy
StickyDrumGuy

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yaaa, he is still ranked you fagitt. I have him beating ever HW on that list outside of Cain.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
its sherdog, whatcha expect?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:46 pm

Lesnar should be ranked no higher than 6-8.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:47 pm

StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yaaa, he is still ranked you fagitt. I have him beating ever HW on that list outside of Cain.

Yo we appreciate when noobs immediately identify themselves and clueless clowns. Takes all the mystery out of it. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
StickyDrumGuy
StickyDrumGuy

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:52 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Yo we appreciate when noobs immediately identify themselves and clueless clowns. Takes all the mystery out of it. Thanks for that.

CLUELESS!?!?! How so sir? Big Nog outside of having staph and having the flu against Mir only lost to the world champion. I think he should be clearly put in the top 10 'condering' he beat Werdum.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:54 pm

StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

CLUELESS!?!?! How so sir? Big Nog outside of having staph and having the flu against Mir only lost to the world champion. I think he should be clearly put in the top 10 'condering' he beat Werdum.
let me get this straight, Big Nog should be in the top 10 because he beat Werdum in 2006? you made a believer out of me pal... scratch
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

I had no problem ranking Machida at #2 after the Shogun fights, he had shown world class talent as a mixed martial artist. I didn't have Brock #1 ever, nor could I justify keeping as a top ranked contender still, especially after he got smashed in the first round of his last two fights. Sherdog dropped Fedor off their p4p after 1 loss in favor of guys like Melendez and Evans. They have their agenda...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:11 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I had no problem ranking Machida at #2 after the Shogun fights, he had shown world class talent as a mixed martial artist. I didn't have Brock #1 ever, nor could I justify keeping as a top ranked contender still, especially after he got smashed in the first round of his last two fights. Sherdog dropped Fedor off their p4p after 1 loss in favor of guys like Melendez and Evans. They have their agenda...
+1
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:16 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
That's because Fedor's not a top p4p fighter, and he hasn't had a relevent win in quite some time. And I don't want to hear any Brett Rogers apologists because the guy lost a round to Warpath.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:30 pm

I don't agree with Brock at #2
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:31 pm

chorky777 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
That's because Fedor's not a top p4p fighter, and he hasn't had a relevent win in quite some time. And I don't want to hear any Brett Rogers apologists because the guy lost a round to Warpath.

Say's you and a few others, not me and many others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
chorky777 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:

Say's you and a few others, not me and many others.

Yeah I'm with you.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 pm

StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

He has also slowed down considerably in the last two years, staph or not. His chin is beginning to fail him at this point and I wouldn't be surprised to see his decline rival that of Chuck Liddells seeing as he's in a division where guys hit harder than most everyone else in the sport.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:45 pm

LudoCain wrote:
StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
StickyDrumGuy wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

He has also slowed down considerably in the last two years, staph or not. His chin is beginning to fail him at this point and I wouldn't be surprised to see his decline rival that of Chuck Liddells seeing as he's in a division where guys hit harder than most everyone else in the sport.

Did I miss something? Who KO'd Fedor?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Since when did anyone reference Sherdogs rankings as anything more than fluff? They kept ranking AA and Sylvia when everyone knew they were shot, so I am not surprised. JDS is number 2...for real!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Heavyweight-

01. Cain Velasquez
02. Fedor Emelianenko
03. Fabricio Werdum
04. Brock Lesnar
05. Junior dos Santos
06. Shane Carwin
07. Allistar Overeem
08. Frank Mir
09. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
10. Antonio Silva
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:21 pm

those rankings are AWFUL

Brock at 2?????

Mir at 7????????

NOG AT 9???????

man they are delusional
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Mir at 7 and Nog at 9 are about right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Bird, notice who the ref in my sig is?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I think Nogueira and Mir are still top 10 fighters because after that there arent that many guys making cases for a top 10 slot. AA has lost three straight. Nelson has not really had the big win yet. Barnett has not fought anybody close to his level since PRIDE. Yvel and Rizzo are solid wins since PRIDE but the inactivity, Mighty Mo, Geronimo. Barnett is a top 10 HW but i understand him not being in anybody's list right now.

Everybody on Sherdog's list is right. Just the order is whack.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:29 pm

No surprise at all. When I first discovered the ESPN board Sherdog and the UG were the first two sites that I found and I still can't comprehend why/how Sherdog has become such a prominent name in MMA. I'd rather read Bleacher Report blogs.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.   Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sherdog still has Brock ranked #2 at hwy.
Page 1 of 1