Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a purpose to human life?

Go down 
+8
LA
OU
GDPofDRC
captain organic
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
acccardinal12
Ring
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:37 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
nihilism is as real as it gets. We are not meant to understand shit about life in the long run. but sure assume we do.

I could be a bit nihilist, but just because I don't believe there's any 'real' purpose to life, that doesn't mean that i'm not going to make the best out of it, and enjoy it as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:40 pm

It's a way of thought, not a way of life?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:41 pm

OU wrote:

I got news, you never got to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Questions with no answers
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:02 am

What hero does this reference?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:07 am

LA wrote:
Questions with no answers

did u not read my post? i solved the riddle.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 am

Quote :
BTW, Who's Wolf? I don't see him anywhere. Wink

Fibber.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:33 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Quote :

Fibber.

Trust me I've wanted to put Wolf on the foes list before but then half the fun of the site would be gone for me.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Believing in something, faith, is a strange phenomenon. What I have faith in are the things I believe which I cannot explain logically explain by any means of communication. People have faith in a lot of strange things. I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be. Everybody searching for a hero. People need someone to look up to. I never found anyone to fulfill my needs. A lonely place to be. So I learned to depend on me

Whitney Houston went from this to "Crack is wack!!!".
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 2:20 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Whitney Houston

One of my favorite philosophizers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Whitney Houston

One of my favorite philosophizers.

I guess bobby brown won the majority of philosophical debates one way or another... Like a righteous Socrates.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am

Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 Meaning-of-life
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:11 am

Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 2004-06-04-The_Meaning_of_Life_IV
Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 128902360903968815
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:39 am

OU wrote:

Funny stuff OU, but everyone knows the real meaning of life is Texas trouncing Oklahoma. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 am

Ring wrote:
OU wrote:

Funny stuff OU, but everyone knows the real meaning of life is Texas trouncing Oklahoma. Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 726609

So was there no meaning to life this year? cheers
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Quote :

Fibber.

Trust me I've wanted to put Wolf on the foes list before but then half the fun of the site would be gone for me.

I tried to add him as a foe about a month after I signed up here. I didn't know it would hide him though. I couldn't handle not being able to see what Wolf is saying.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:04 am

OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
OU wrote:

Funny stuff OU, but everyone knows the real meaning of life is Texas trouncing Oklahoma. Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 726609

So was there no meaning to life this year? cheers

Good one OU, you got me there. hahaha
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:05 am

From a religious point of view the answer is yes, from a practical or scientific point of view the answer is no.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:22 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Quote :

Fibber.

I tried to add him as a foe about a month after I signed up here. I didn't know it would hide him though. I couldn't handle not being able to see what Wolf is saying.

Different strokes for different folks, if everyone thought the same it would be a terminally boring world.

I come to this Forum, primarily to discuss/debate and/or shoot the shit about boxing, and an occasional Off Topic, to me, it's mosly fun and games. Having said that, it's nice having a 'foes/ignore', feature, it keeps the forum's "drama" down to a minimum.

Last edited by Ring on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 am

I think all individuals have a unique purpose. But it is up to the individual to optimize what they are given in life. You can choose to impact the world and the people around you or just live for yourself. We all have freedom of choice, which is a beautiful part of life. We choose our own purpose. If you choose to believe there is no purpose then for you there is no purpose. But if you choose to beleive there is more to it, then I beleive you find a purpose.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 am

OU wrote:
I think all individuals have a unique purpose. But it is up to the individual to optimize what they are given in life. You can choose to impact the world and the people around you or just live for yourself. We all have freedom of choice, which is a beautiful part of life. We choose our own purpose. If you choose to believe there is no purpose then for you there is no purpose. But if you choose to beleive there is more to it, then I beleive you find a purpose.

It's kind of like I said in the OP, OU, the pupose of life is what you choose to make it. The reality is, while there may not be any reason why life exists, that doesn't mean we can't make the best of it anyway, a quality life is much better than a life wasted.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 am

Make the best of it while you're here.Why complicate it?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 am

Ring wrote:
OU wrote:

It's kind of like I said in the OP, OU, the pupose of life is what you choose to make it. The reality is, while there may not be any reason why life exists, that doesn't mean we can't make the best of it anyway, a quality life is much better than a life wasted.

Circle of life. Having children suddenly gives your life more purpose. Somthing besides selfish reasons to live for. Your life gave more purpose to your parents life, your children will do the same for you. At that point we want to help improve life not only for ourselves but the future of others. You want your children to grow up themselves and be productive members of society. So the purpose then becomes improving life for the ones that follow. Always evolving, always improving.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 129075696049765833
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm

OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
OU wrote:

Circle of life. Having children suddenly gives your life more purpose. Somthing besides selfish reasons to live for. Your life gave more purpose to your parents life, your children will do the same for you. At that point we want to help improve life not only for ourselves but the future of others. You want your children to grow up themselves and be productive members of society. So the purpose then becomes improving life for the ones that follow. Always evolving, always improving.

Right, they say life begins at 40, I say it starts when you become responsible for and/or care about the lives of others. Like the Godfather said: "a man's not a man if he doesn't spend time with his family".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a purpose to human life?   Is there a purpose to human life? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a purpose to human life?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next