Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate NBA Discussion

Go down 
+10
Jamal
LA
OU
bobbitt15
timthebim
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
Ziggy116
josh200612
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:17 am

Yes, should at least have 2, Shaq should have at least 2 also.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:20 am

Shaq should have about 4. Lebron is a better regular season player than Kobe and deserves it over him. Kobe is better in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 am

Did you watch the era he played in? He wasn't getting it certain years over Jordan, Hakeem, Robinson, Duncan, KG got in there, AI that one year, Malone.....Dominant no doubt, but 2 is about right, I'd have to think about the one year it def should have been him.

LeBron's stats are meaningless, he's a hollow player, Kobe is just better.

But Kobe deserved one over Nash also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:38 am

I've been watching the NBA since 1992 and from 1999-2005 Shaq was easily the best player. Iverson getting it over him was a joke. Lebron won many regular season games with no allstars around him. When Phil left the Lakers Kobe couldn't do anything. Look who Kobe has been playing with. He is always surrounded by excellent players. Playoffs though there is no argument that Kobe is better than Lebron.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:39 am

Kobe should have 2 though. I agree with you in that he should've got it ahead of Nash 1 of those years.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:48 am

Iverson sadly deserved that award and I thin khe's the most overrated player in history.

Kobe was playing with guys who aren't even in the league anymore when Phil left, Grant, Smush Parker ect were starting players, he took a joke team to the playoffs. Odom was the second best player and he was near what he is now then. Isn't odd that guys play the best ball of their careers with Kobe? Pau wasn't getting out of the 1st Rd in Memphis and now is thought of as a top 10 player in the World. Even back in the Shaq days, people don't remember or realize Kobe was the most imporant player in getting them out of the West. He killed Western teams and closed games. But Shaq had such an edge over the Eastern teams and was soo dominant, he was going to get the Finals MVPs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 am

It was Shaq not Kobe that was the most important player. Look at Anfernee Hardaway before and after Shaq. Lamar Odom has always been good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 am

You're a Lakers fan so of course you're going to be a little biased towards Kobe. That's understandable though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:09 am

Shakes head, first off Hardway is nothing compared to Kobe, not even worth a mention here at all. Look at Shaq without Kobe is the same thing...or Kobe without Shaq...But, if you actually watched the 3-Peat run, Kobe in the Western Finals killed teams and finished games, Shaq's dominance against the East lead him easily to be Finals MVP. Kobe saved series in the Western Finals, most Lakers fans know this, no 3-Peats without Kobe.

Gonna take some getting used to Freak back on here.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:16 am

Kobe 2001 WCF against the Spurs, 33, 7 and 7 shooting 51.5% for series

Kobe 2002 WCF against the Kings, games 5 and 6, Kobe 30.5, 10.5 and 6 shooting 48%
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:32 am

That's because Shaq was ALWAYS double and triple teamed which left Kobe open.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:39 am

Teams knew they could sit home on Shaq all day, Kobe got double looks too, that's why that team is one of the best ever. I mean Kobe was an all NBA player then too. Kobe just has always killed teams in the Western Finals, he closed out a lot of series. Now days Kobe gets doubled still and Pau and Bynum get easy looks.

Again

Kobe 2001 WCF against the Spurs, 33, 7 and 7 shooting 51.5% for series

Kobe 2002 WCF against the Kings, games 5 and 6, Kobe 30.5, 10.5 and 6 shooting 48%

And Kobe's D was even better back then, he was their stopped for opposing gaurds and forwards.

Kobe was 1A ///done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:41 am

You can't argue with a Lakers fan about Kobe and since I don't really care that much about the Lakers, Kobe or Shaq I'll let it go.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 2:47 am

What's to argue, you don't know what you're talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 am

Lol, fuck you 2. How dare I argue with the all knowing LA?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 4:56 am

Same old Freak, I'm just saying I doubt you watched or remember those playoffs games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:23 am

Not only do you know everything about the players but you also know what I watched and what I can remember.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 3:24 pm

They were very good playoff games and series back then.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 6:07 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Not only do you know everything about the players but you also know what I watched and what I can remember.

I've watched the NBA for 20 years at this point, I grew up watching all these players, you're posts are what leads me to believe that.

Same old Freak, if we started a basebell team you'd be our Left Fielder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah because you can remember everything from the age of 4. Your superpowers never seize to amaze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 pm

Tyler Hansbrough on a tear the past 3 games. Indiana beat the Bulls tonight. Sad Lucky the Rockets are putting a beating on the Celtics.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 am

LA wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I've watched the NBA for 20 years at this point, I grew up watching all these players, you're posts are what leads me to believe that.

LMAO I thought he would be the catcher!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 am

timthebim wrote:
LA wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

LMAO I thought he would be the catcher!!!!! lol!

I'm Center Field!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 1:58 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Yeah because you can remember everything from the age of 4. Your superpowers never seize to amaze.

Just a huge fan whose watched the NBA for years and been into basketball since I was little. Is it weird I know about basketball history before I was born too? Nothing I pointed out was really ground breaking anyways, just trying to enlighten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 2:07 am

No need to enlighten me. I know all I need and want to know. You're not the only person in this world who knows how to read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate NBA Discussion
Page 22 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next