Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ultimate NBA Discussion

Go down 
+10
Jamal
LA
OU
bobbitt15
timthebim
killerofchicken
GDPofDRC
KingsOwn19
Ziggy116
josh200612
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 9:25 pm

I want the Lakers to destroy the Heat.

I really like the Celtics actually but Rondo is just a result of being surrounded by great players where they hide his lack of shooting by scoring themselves. Yes he's a good passer and yes he's a good defender but scoring is an important part of the game and he is awful in that. 10ppg is awful. I have him as the 6th best PG.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:03 pm

Did you ever play basketball?

Most John Stockton ever avergaed was like 16, guys a career 12pts per game player, PGs set everything up, that is there real job.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

Jamal wrote:

I really like the Celtics actually but Rondo is just a result of being surrounded by great players where they hide his lack of shooting by scoring themselves. Yes he's a good passer and yes he's a good defender but scoring is an important part of the game and he is awful in that. 10ppg is awful. I have him as the 6th best PG.

Damn 6th LOL???
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 pm

Stockton averaged over 17ppg and 14 apg in the same season a few times. That's a big difference from 10ppg and 12 apg. Difference between them also is Stockton was an excellent shooter and Rondo isn't. Stockton also only had Malone with him while Rondo has 3 future H.O.F players to make him look good.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:13 pm

timthebim wrote:
Jamal wrote:

Damn 6th LOL???

1. Derrick Rose
2. Chris Paul
3. Deron Williams
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Steve Nash
6. Rajan Rondo
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Jamal wrote:
Stockton averaged over 17ppg and 14 apg in the same season a few times. That's a big difference from 10ppg and 12 apg. Difference between them also is Stockton was an excellent shooter and Rondo isn't. Stockton also only had Malone with him while Rondo has 3 future H.O.F players to make him look good.

Way early in his career he did like once, I know you had to look that up to LOL, when they were a good team, he was putting up numbers just like Rondo. And Rondo is probably the best defensive PG in the game. Give credit instead of saying "oh he plays with ....." Rondo sets them up for easy easy baskets. Rondo is the reason they were in the Finals last year.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Lets look at Nash and Rondo, lets say equal as passers

Nash better shooter, but liability on D

Rondo not a good shooter, but great on D, D up LeBron this year.

Decider, Rondo's ability to drive to the basket
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Swap Nash and Rondo and Celtics would still be 1st while Phoenix would be much worse.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Did you watch last years playoffs? Rondo's play got them to the Finals, he presented so many matchup problems. Nash would fit with the Lakers while Rondo wouldn't, but on the Celtics Nash most likely plays well, but gets exploited on D and crowds the perimeter with Ray and PP. Rondo is perfect for that Celtics team.

You're a big look at the stats guy and swap, kind of like how you interpret MMA.

Rose is the MVP right now, but mostly because of the Bulls team play, many guys would be more deserving in terms of stats, but no one expected the Bulls to be where they are, well not 2nd in the East at least. He isn't neccessarily the best PG in the game because he's the frontrunner for MVP right now. Also Thibs doesn't get enough credit.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 12:16 am

KD had a big game tonight. 76ers have been playing well and even though the Thunder were playing a solid game they were down 5 with 50 seconds to go and didn't have the ball. A couple defensive stops, a KD tying 3 at the end of regulation and we owned them in OT, nice win.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 2:01 am

Very nice win by the Thunder. Phillie was on a good run.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 am

Right now here is my PG level breakdown.
The best- Rondo, CP3 and Rose. Take your pick, different set of talents.
inches behind- D-Will and Nash
sliding in ever so close to that group would be my boy Russell Westbrook.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 10:58 am

"MVP of the season," Jordan said about Rose after the Bulls' 101-84 win over his Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "He deserves it. He's playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn't get it, now he'll see how I felt a lot of years."
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 am

Jamal wrote:
"MVP of the season," Jordan said about Rose after the Bulls' 101-84 win over his Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "He deserves it. He's playing that well. He deserves it. Without a doubt. And if he doesn't get it, now he'll see how I felt a lot of years."

LOL come on, Jordan has to show the Bull some love. But really Rose has to be the front runner at this point. Unless the Bulls stumble late it is his to lose.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:18 am

The main reason I posted it is because the last comment is true. How Karl Malone got MVP over Jordan I will never know.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:27 am

Jamal wrote:
The main reason I posted it is because the last comment is true. How Karl Malone got MVP over Jordan I will never know.

No, no, no. You homer Wink lol

No but really, that is correct. Jordan was robbed!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 pm

Karl Malone had some huge seasons so just because Jordan didnt win every year doesnt mean he was robbed guys.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Damn bout time the Heat won again!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Jordan was robbed.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2011 11:39 pm

HE WAS ROBBED!
Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4qkyDjF0XeZ3ligiF_aZKgHJWBKOgpVy9C5OVjDYK6GtPhCL7
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:07 am

man, the reffs did their work last night! Kobe stayed 2 and a half hours after the game shooting in the arena
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 am

killerofchicken wrote:
man, the reffs did their work last night! Kobe stayed 2 and a half hours after the game shooting in the arena

Yeah, yeah. According to Kobe it was an "obvious" foul. Didn't seem too obvious to me.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 am

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Yeah, yeah. According to Kobe it was an "obvious" foul. Didn't seem too obvious to me.
not to mention the offensive goal tending on artests layup!!! but ill take a loss and ill try not to cry about it lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 am

Quote :
"He was surprised they didn't call a foul," Bryant said. "He came out and said, 'I fouled the s--- out of you!'"
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 1:50 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Show Off!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate NBA Discussion   Ultimate NBA Discussion - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate NBA Discussion
Page 19 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 35  Next