Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring

Go down 
+3
OU
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring Empty
PostSubject: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 pm

http://www.cagepotato.com/wanderlei-silva-says-hes-fighting-chris-leben-april-toronto

UFC middleweight Wanderlei Silva is pretty sure his next opponent will be Chris Leben and that the fight will take place in Toronto in April.

The Brazilian MMA icon revealed the news in a recent interview he did with Fighters Only.

“I think I want to fight in April in Canada -- I want to fight in Toronto. I think against Chris Leben. I want to fight with him next,” Silva informed Fighters Only when asked about his eventual return to the Octagon.

“I think he is interesting, he is my size, he is aggressive, he fights to the front (comes forward)," he explained. I think we are going to make an interesting fight.”

The fight will have to get through a few roadblocks before becoming official -- namely Silva's recovery from a torn ACL he incurred preparing for a UFC 120 bout with Yoshihiro Akiyama and a pending DUI case involving Leben, which may prevent "The Crippler" from crossing the Canadian border.
According to "The Axe Murderer" his injured joint is nearly healed sufficiently enough to begin training on it again.

“This time [I had only] one [operation], but I had one on the other knee before, but now I feel good; I start[ed] my recovery and I feel really good right now. I tore my ACL, it was a really bad knee injury, but now I feel good -- its ok,” Silva says.

Leben will have his first court appearance in November to answer charges that he was driving under the influence of more than the legal limit of alcohol in his system last weekend in Hawaii. During the incident, the 30-year-old native of Portland, Oregon crashed his pick-up truck into a guard rail of a Honolulu highway. This is Leben's second DUI arrest in the past two years. In April, 2008 he was sentenced to 35 days in jail in Portland for a nearly identical offense as well as a parole violation and was forced to pull out from a UFC 85 meeting with Michael Bisping which was rescheduled for UFC 89.

Leben is scheduled to face Brian Stann at UFC 125 in January, but it looks like the UFC is making alternative arrangements, possibly in anticipation that he will likely have to do additional time behind bars for his latest infraction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:41 pm

DAMMIT! That is a long way off. But I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:48 pm

I don't that fight ever happens. Things would have to line up just right.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm

im with OU can Leben stay normal for that amount of time, healthy? just alot can screw this potentioal awesome fight up
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Man if Chris Leben ends up KOing Wanderlei Silva that would shoot the last piece of the Pride fanboy inside my soul in the head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Get a driver Chris, it's just not worth it.

Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring 16acnlz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
cascade_run
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
cascade_run

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Another DUI, what a fucking moron, dude can fight for sure, but he has a 10 cent head.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Wandy TKO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:32 am

I say make a Akiyama vs Leben rematch where the winner gets a shot at Wandi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring   Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring Empty

Back to top Go down

Wand says he will fight Leben in the Spring
Page 1 of 1