Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys

Go down 
+4
marbleheadmaui
kfitz
captainanddew
gomez1012
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys Empty
PostSubject: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Former welterweight titlist Joshua Clottey hasn't fought since losing a lopsided decision to Manny Pacquiao in March, and he hasn't been interested in taking a fight unless it's for major money, Top Rank's Bob Arum said. "Clottey is looking for a fight, but he doesn't want to fight for less than half a million. Maybe you could talk him into fighting for $400,000. He's fat and happy right now because he got a great upside [from the pay-per-view] on the fight with Manny. Every month we send him more money." Arum said Clottey's purse was $1.25 million for the fight but that he's earned way more than that because his upside of $3 per home kicked in at 300,000 buys. Since the fight generated about 700,000 buys, that means Clottey will earn roughly an additional $1.2 million
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:34 pm

Career payday

but he's nuts for thinking ANYONE will pay him 500k to fight
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Career payday

Yes he is nuts to believe that, but in a world where Andre Berto is getting over a million, anything is possible!!!
Back to top Go down
kfitz
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Career payday

Yes he is nuts to believe that, but in a world where Andre Berto is getting over a million, anything is possible!!!

haha, well if he gets al haymon as his manager he might get 750k out of hbo
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 pm

Good for Clottey making all that dough...now get in the damned ring!
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:23 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Or not, I could care less if I see this guy fight again.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:27 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Or not, I could care less if I see this guy fight again.

Dude we're running out of welterweights!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 10:40 pm

I know most of you guys were mad at his performance against Pacquiao but I can forgive him considering the circumstances, but I really want to see Clottey vs Berto next year.
Back to top Go down
daintyhulk

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:34 pm

Ali wrote:
I know most of you guys were mad at his performance against Pacquiao but I can forgive him considering the circumstances, but I really want to see Clottey vs Berto next year.
WHY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:04 pm

daintyhulk wrote:
Ali wrote:
WHY?

Because it's a solid welterweight match up and a good test for Berto, people have too quickly forgotten about Clottey's previous fights with Margarito and Judah, he's a legit welterweight.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Clottey would KO Berto IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:47 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Hmm I don't know about that, I haven't seen great power from Clottey except against a blown up Chico.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Ali wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:

Hmm I don't know about that, I haven't seen great power from Clottey except against a blown up Chico.

Berto doesn't have a great chin. I think it would be a close fight because Clottey gives away rounds (and sometimes the fight). I think Berto loses (unless the judges are as shitty as the ones that judged the Berto vs. Collazo fight).
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 pm

Ali wrote:

Clottey has the better D, Berto will charge at him wide open, and lets not forget this

Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Clottey will turtle, occasionally throw back, lose a SD, then cry that he was robbed because he's from Africa.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 8:32 pm

Good thing hes sitting out (never was a fan of him on fight night), and he better enjoy that money he made because he isnt getting paid another 6 figure deal again, no matter who hes fighting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys   Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshua Clottey is getting rich off of the pay per view buys
Page 1 of 1