Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Joshua Clottey full of excuses

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Joshua Clottey full of excuses Empty
PostSubject: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 9:25 am

BoxingScene.com: Lets look back at the Pacquiao fight. What went wrong in that fight?

Joshua Clottey: Ryan it was just one of those things you know. I don't know how to explain. The only thing I remember is that as soon as I got in the dressing room my mind and my focus and everything got shut down. I started feeling like I didn't want to fight or something. I was like come on lets fight trying to get myself to fight. I really don't understand what happened to me in that fight. I just think it was one of those things.

BoxingScene.com: When you let your hands go you had success hitting Pacquiao. You landed a lot of uppercuts but you just didn't pull the trigger enough. Why was that?

Joshua Clottey: Yeah you know like I said when I got to the dressing room I started feeling bad like I didn't want to go in the ring and fight. I don't know what happened. I trained hard for the fight. I knew Pacquiao was training hard. I knew he was going to a lot of shots and I knew I could hurt him when I threw my power shots. I don't know what happened. I just remember I didn't win and it was a very very bad day for me.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28918

BTW he says he plans to return in September.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:24 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am

gomez1012 wrote:
I thought he had diarrhea lol

http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/03/clottey-uses-the-old-nausea-heartburn-indigestion-upset-stomach-diarrhea-excuse.html.php

LOL Sugar Ray had a similar problem but it never stopped him performing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:51 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:56 am

excuses again..is there an interviewer with any balls to tell a fighter come on it took 4 months to think up a vague excuse and you still cant reveal anything more..its a secret..clottey had little fan base before now he has none..its well deserved.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Funny. With all these excuses Clottey has, I haven't heard him ask for a rematch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:43 pm

"Yeah you know like I said when I got to the dressing room I started feeling bad like I didn't want to go in the ring and fight."

Has there ever been a worse quote from a challenger in a championship fight?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:46 pm

nope i cant think of any gumby...he was beaton with ease and now the excuses...every promoter should avoid this stiff..make a clottey-winky wright fight at 154 please and watch it draw 97 ppvs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:58 pm

Gumby wrote:
"Yeah you know like I said when I got to the dressing room I started feeling bad like I didn't want to go in the ring and fight."

Has there ever been a worse quote from a challenger in a championship fight?
Yeah did you hear Allan Green after his last fight. Mad
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:28 pm

Clottey-I'm tired of his act. He doesn't throw enough punches. When he faces top competition he does enough to lose the fight.

Against Margacheato he looked good early, didn't throw punches as the fight wore on (said he hurt his hand) and lost.

Against Cotto (alot of fans think Clottey deserved the decision), he did enough to lose. Even if you think he should have won a close fight, it is all his fault. Cotto had a nasty cut (from headbutt) and he did not quit. He could have said early he couldn't see and he would have won on the scorecards (scored 1st round knockdown). Cotto kept fighting. He retreated after a while, but rebounded late to win the fight. You have an opponent with a bad cut who really wants to give in and lose, and you don't throw enough punches!!!! It is your fault when the opponent gets a razor close decision.

Against Pac- at least try to fight. Clottey landed a few uppercuts. When he did, Pac's feet came off the canvas. At least try to hit him with some more.

When a loss occurs, it is only a matter of time before Clottey spits out a bad excuse.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshua Clottey full of excuses   Joshua Clottey full of excuses Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshua Clottey full of excuses
Page 1 of 1