Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fudging NBA stats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Fudging NBA stats Empty
PostSubject: Fudging NBA stats   Fudging NBA stats EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Pretty interesting article about how NBA stats are subjective and therefor home team stats get a boost.
http://deadspin.com/5345287/the-confessions-of-an-nba-scorekeeper
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Fudging NBA stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fudging NBA stats   Fudging NBA stats EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:19 pm

The NBA is crooked. Nobody watches it anymore.

Like boxing it has a reputation for being a corrupt sport of yesteryear that currently exemplifies all the negative African American stereotypes America still harbors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

Fudging NBA stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fudging NBA stats   Fudging NBA stats EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 am

I still like watching the NBA. I suppose you can't deny some crooked elements, but the fudging of stats is not the problem as much as how much control a ref can have over a game imo.

I suppose football refs can do the same thing -there is some holding on every play if you want to call it and one bad pass interference call will change a game. I wouldn't be surprised if football refs were offered a lot of shady money to influence a game just like Donaghy.
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

Fudging NBA stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fudging NBA stats   Fudging NBA stats EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:15 am

Cool article... I already knew the numbers were a little inflated but it was still disheartening for me reading that because I love the NBA.

I think Chris Paul's consecutive games with a steal and his steals numbers in general are highly suspect.

and assists are definitely given out way too liberally for everyone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fudging NBA stats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fudging NBA stats   Fudging NBA stats Empty

Back to top Go down

Fudging NBA stats
Page 1 of 1