Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? Empty
PostSubject: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:25 pm

I sometimes see them list some boxers a lot taller than what they really are. I once met Jermain Taylor and I was shocked by how small that guy is. I don't think he is even 6'. Me and a buddy took a picture with him and both of us were a lot taller than him. So how often do they do this?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:42 pm

just as common as they do in basketball and football

remember when Paul Williams was supposedly 6'3

theres no chance he is over 6'1
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:43 pm

Sooner, I think they inflate everything from the tale of the tape to the purses. The only thing that's real is the fight itself.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:44 pm

remember when Lawrence Timmons was 6'3 in college then 5'11 at the draft combine hahahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:54 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
just as common as they do in basketball and football

remember when Paul Williams was supposedly 6'3

theres no chance he is over 6'1
Well Allan Green is really is 6'2 and Bowe was huge. Those are the only two boxers I have met in person that really was as big as they say.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Foreman was big when i met him, same with Lennox Lewis, Ken Shamrock was under 6 foot IMO (I know not a boxer but still) , alot of the fighters Ive seen have seemed like they were what there claimed heights were
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Foreman was big when i met him, same with Lennox Lewis, Ken Shamrock was under 6 foot IMO (I know not a boxer but still) , alot of the fighters Ive seen have seemed like they were what there claimed heights were
Yeah JT was a big shock to me. He is like 5' 10". I bet he still looks huge to Ali though. LOL
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Luis Yanez a flyweight from the 2008 Olympics is the smallest fighter Ive met but they list him at like 5'4 so no harm no foul, it was just funny standing next to him

How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? 0424yanez
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Luis Yanez a flyweight from the 2008 Olympics is the smallest fighter Ive met but they list him at like 5'4 so no harm no foul, it was just funny standing next to him

How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? 0424yanez
LOL nice pic. One of my legs looks as big as him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:17 pm

I know its funny when I stood next to him (Im 5'10-5'11) he was like at my chest i was shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?   How much do they inflate the stats for boxers? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much do they inflate the stats for boxers?
Page 1 of 1