Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evidence of life discovered on Titan

Go down 
+5
Ludo
Tobe06
OU
Ring
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Evidence of life discovered on Titan Empty
PostSubject: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:28 am

Researchers at the space agency believe they have discovered vital clues that appeared to indicate that primitive aliens could be living on the moon.

Data from Nasa's Cassini probe has analysed the complex chemistry on the surface of Titan, which experts say is the only moon around the planet to have a dense atmosphere.

They suggest that life forms may have been breathing in the planet’s atmosphere and also feeding on its surface’s fuel.

Astronomers claim the moon is generally too cold to support even liquid water on its surface.

The research has been detailed in two separate studies.

The first paper, in the journal Icarus, shows that hydrogen gas flowing throughout the planet’s atmosphere disappeared at the surface. This suggested that alien forms could in fact breathe.

The second paper, in the Journal of Geophysical Research, concluded that there was lack of the chemical on the surface.

Scientists were then led to believe it had been possibly consumed by life.

Researchers had expected sunlight interacting with chemicals in the atmosphere to produce acetylene gas. But the Cassini probe did not detect any such gas.

Chris McKay, an astrobiologist at Nasa Ames Research Centre, at Moffett Field, California who led the research, said: “We suggested hydrogen consumption because it's the obvious gas for life to consume on Titan, similar to the way we consume oxygen on Earth.

"If these signs do turn out to be a sign of life, it would be doubly exciting because it would represent a second form of life independent from water-based life on Earth.”

Professor John Zarnecki, of the Open University, added: “We believe the chemistry is there for life to form. It just needs heat and warmth to kick-start the process.

“In four billion years’ time, when the Sun swells into a red giant, it could be paradise on Titan.”

They warned, however, that there could be other explanations for the findings.

But taken together, they two indicate two important conditions necessary for methane-based life to exist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:37 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:

They warned, however, that there could be other explanations for the findings.

That says it all. Even they are guessing.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

I don't see any reason not to believe that life abounds in our vast, unimaginably massive Universe. Higher life forms occurred/evolved on Earth, and with trillions of galaxies, and trillions of solar systems and planets not unlike our own, in each of these galaxies, alien life is a certainty.

P.S. To assume that a "god" only "created" life on earth and nowhere else, 'especially' for us insignificant little pisants, is being absurdly ignorant, scientifically illiterate, and/or simply human vainity.

Last edited by Ring on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:23 pm

Until it's actually discovered then I can't believe in it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Evidence of life discovered on Titan Take-me-to-your-leader
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Evidence of life discovered on Titan 391
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:29 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

It's not really something that needs to be "believed" Freak, it's more like a scientific certainty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm

There have been too many scientific certainties that have been proven wrong for me to believe scientists.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

It's not really something that needs to be "believed" Freak, it's more like a scientific certainty.

If it is a certainty, why is it not yet proven? Wouldn't it be more like a scientific probability?
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Wait, aren't you the religious guy? When exactly did they "discover" God? scratch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Wait, aren't you the religious guy? When exactly did they "discover" God? scratch

he is Muslim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Just because you believe in god doesn't make you religious. Also, let's not turn every discussion into a religious argument.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Just because you believe in god doesn't make you religious. Also, let's not turn every discussion into a religious argument.

Fair enough, I was just confused as to why you'd say you needed something to be discovered before you believe in it, and yet you believe in God without any proof.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Scientists believed the earth was flat, you couldn't split the atom and many other things which were proven wrong. I'm not saying there is no chance of life out there but until it's discovered I won't say there is.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:04 pm

freak only disbelieves because his cleric tells him to. Self imposed stupidity is the worst kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:10 pm

When someone disagrees with Wolf he has to insult. Obvious sign of an immature prick.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Nothing I said was designed to be an insult. After talking with you I've come to the conclusion your simple mindedness is your own fault.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Actually the sheer size of this universe alone points to the contrary. There is so much space that the average distance between molecules let alone objects as a whole is something like ten feet or so. That said it is unlikely that there is life in our solar system at least on the plane we can see right now that we haven't found yet. I realize we have yet to fully explore the planets on the ground level but it seems unlikely that given the conditions of most of these satelites that life could exist. Scientists have acknowledged that the series of events that led to life on earth were by odds astronomically high and bordering on impossible. That said, there is no such thing as a scientific certainty as it pertains to other planets simply because we cannot physically test anything on them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah because believing in God is a fairytale but believing in Aliens that live 100 light years away is a certainty. Wolf logic 101.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:16 pm

The fact that life is going to likely be proven on two/three and possibly four different bodies within our solar system will shut down any arguments against life elsewhere by those who twist "rare earth" theories into exclusionary theories.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:19 pm

OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

If it is a certainty, why is it not yet proven? Wouldn't it be more like a scientific probability?

Yes but the probability is very high
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

Simple Life will most likely be proven within our Solar system, not sure about the validity of this latest report though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:20 pm

LA wrote:
OU wrote:
Ring wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

Yes but the probability is very high

Much better. A very high probability sounds about right....but a certainty? Not right now it isn't.
Back to top Go down

There you go again saying likely. If it's proven I wouldn't have a problem with it but until it is I don't have to believe in it.

Why does everyone have to agree with your beliefs Wolf?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:23 pm

I don't believe in God or Religion, neither are proven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evidence of life discovered on Titan   Evidence of life discovered on Titan Empty

Back to top Go down

Evidence of life discovered on Titan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next