Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve

Go down 
+5
acccardinal12
captain organic
OU
LTFG
MMAEYES
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve Empty
PostSubject: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:15 am

Just wanted to say that I loved the SF card. Wasn't one boring fight. They may not have the overall talent that the ufc has but they easy put on just as good a show imo. I'm hoping they and other orgs like them continue to improve on there faults and attrack fans. For the overall good of the sport, the fighters and the fans, to not just let the sport be owned by one company.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:30 pm

I know people "want" orgs like Strikeforce to do well. But let's not kid ourselves about what we're seeing. Other than the fights themselves, there's currently nothing about their shows that is worth a shit, IMO.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 pm

You mean other organizations have UFC too?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Huh? scratch
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:43 pm

LTFG wrote:
I know people "want" orgs like Strikeforce to do well. But let's not kid ourselves about what we're seeing. Other than the fights themselves, there's currently nothing about their shows that is worth a shit, IMO.

other then the fights? Uh, what r u watching for besides the fights?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 pm

LTFG wrote:
Huh? scratch

haha come on old man, you didn't get that?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:48 pm

Im all for the growth of multiple orgs, but I do think it's very important that these promotions are willing to co-promote. SF has shown a willingness to co-promote as well as to lend out fighters to other promotions.

But there is a big litmus test coming up, and that is if SF and Bellator can get Alvarez vs Gil done.

And while I understand that a single org owning all the top talent provides great benefits namely making the best matchups out there, the fact that that organization can then strong arm it's fighters into non beneficial contracts, or cut fighters for questionalble reasons imo, outweighs the benefits.

Multiple orgs with co-promotion is the ideal situation. Hope it happens on a bigger scale in the future.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:55 pm

captain organic wrote:
LTFG wrote:

It's a comparison, Cappy. The venues, the overall production quality, the commentators, etc.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:56 pm

OU wrote:
LTFG wrote:
Huh? scratch

Right over my head... But in all fairness I'm heavily medicated today... lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

LTFG wrote:
OU wrote:
LTFG wrote:
Huh? scratch

Right over my head... But in all fairness I'm heavily medicated today... lol

It was a bad joke to be fair. I was using "UFC" referring to "MMA" like the annoying knuckleheads do. Also playing dumb that they have other MMA organizations.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

LTFG wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LTFG wrote:

It's a comparison, Cappy. The venues, the overall production quality, the commentators, etc.

Again, its about the fights, the other stuff is ultra minor.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

LOL... Sorry Sooners, thought that might have been the case, but didn't think you'd dig to the depths that I've been guilty of.

Last edited by LTFG on Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:02 pm

and Miletich is a great color guy.

Overall production is not terrible, they do need to fix the play by play situation though.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:03 pm

captain organic wrote:
LTFG wrote:
captain organic wrote:
LTFG wrote:

Again, its about the fights, the other stuff is ultra minor.

Sure, I agree on most levels. But we're here to be entertained and during a 3 hour show there's usually an hour's worth of fights. You don't notice the other stuff at all?
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

LTFG-The venues, the overall production quality, the commentators, etc.

The Venues- Of course the ufc's gonna best them in that

The overall "production" quality- is pretty equal if you ask me. I've seen/heard just as many fuck ups on a ppv as a SF card.

The commentators- Goldy and Rogan have the edge but your kidding yourself if you think they are that much better, how many times a ufc card does someone land a strike and Goldy calls out that it was a strike from the opposite hand/foot. Goldy fucks up just as much as the SF commentators imo.

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:27 pm

I disagree on the production quality. I think the UFC has it about as refined as you can get it. Now they could do some things to change things up, but it's pretty tight.

As far as Goldy and Rogan go. It's a personal thing, obviously. But I think overall they do a much better job than any team Strikeforce puts together. Sure they have their flaws which have been hit pretty hard here, but they have great energy and knowledge and the play by play is done very well with an acceptable amount of homerism, IMO.

I just think that Strikeforce has a ways to go is all...
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Goldie screwing up is just part of the show and me as a fan treats it like a comedy portion. I look forward to it every show.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Yeah... That and I'm vonvinced that Goldy will lay a big sloppy kiss on Rogan some day. The way he gets inches away from Rogan and stares through the side of his head with those starry eyes is creepy and hilarious at the same time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:46 pm

LTFG wrote:
Yeah... That and I'm vonvinced that Goldy will lay a big sloppy kiss on Rogan some day. The way he gets inches away from Rogan and stares through the side of his head with those starry eyes is creepy and hilarious at the same time.

He is going to pull the drunken Joe....
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 pm

UFC will never Co-Pro and will never have to

UFC Production>WEC Production>Bellator Production>SF Prooduction

I wish for other Orgs to get engulfed by the UFC myself, then we will truly get to see the best fight the best.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why the CBS and Showtime director always picks the wrong camera shots to use? That's something the UFC has mastered, and it does matter. A lot.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:31 pm

It's definitely part of it, and you see it fairly often.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Strikeforce production is beyond horrible. I can't defend it anymore. Ever since Showtime took it over it has been worthless. That said, Saturday's event was better than they've probably ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

LA wrote:
I wish for other Orgs to get engulfed by the UFC myself, then we will truly get to see the best fight the best.

That would be fine for fans but i'm for the good of the fighters as well as the fans. In your senario the fighters wouldn't be making any more than they are now, you might see a minor increase because of the lack of other orgs, but the fighters wouldn't be that much better off imo. I'd rather have all kinds of Co-pro so fighters can make the most money and therefore attrack the best athletes to the sport.

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:49 pm

I always DVR Strikeforce and then just start like an hour in so I can fast forward to all the fights. The rest is unbearable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve   Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoping SF(and other orgs) continue to improve
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next