Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...

Go down 
+7
Farmer1906
acccardinal12
LA
Ludo
Ninja
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... Empty
PostSubject: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:02 pm

And not an identical beginning and presentation to all the other UFC shows the promotion holds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:07 pm

VS didnt partner up with Zuffa to try and redo UFC

They are getting the product they wanted, lets turn this into the official fight thread
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:08 pm

You expect far too much from Zuffa.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 pm

impressive win by Sakara
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:23 pm

James Irvin is such a pussy... "I can't open my fuckin' eye!"
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Check the spoiler furum
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

Uhm...It's going on live
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:26 pm

That is why you shouldn't cut weight and take a fight when you can't do it. I think if they would have fought at a CW Sakara would have won anyways. Irvin is done in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Check the spoiler furum

bad idea if you want to watch the fights later. You screwed me on another with that one. I thought page 2 would have been past all that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:30 pm

???
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

Herb Dean zen ref ninja this night. Paul predicted Kongo's gameplan prefight.
Kongo throws dirty strikes in every fight I've seen.

Submission from elbow strikes sounds like some shit off like UFC 6 or something.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:59 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
And not an identical beginning and presentation to all the other UFC shows the promotion holds.

Why fix what aint broke?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
???

Make another thread. I am just saying I went there and saw another spoiler by page two and I thought you all would be talking about the present fights is all.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Herb did a great job in that fight. The fight wasn't as good as I thought...FOR REAL!
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 pm

Don Frye is probably furious at Buentello right now...Disgraceful
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:11 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Don Frye is probably furious at Buentello right now...Disgraceful

Im definitely disappointed in the HeadHunter for his lackluster performance tonight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 pm

LOL at Goldberg trying to sell Kongo's wrestling during that fight and making a huge deal about like he's fixed that part of his game
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm more curious if it'll be Joe and Goldie for the WEC PPV card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 11:25 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
I'm more curious if it'll be Joe and Goldie for the WEC PPV card

Won't my idol be returning to commentate ?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:10 am

The production of the UFC is getting stale if you ask me, but even if that stays, a slightly different feel for different networks might keep it fresh. Not every NFL or MLB broadcast is the same, and I think the brands are overall better for it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:13 am

I think a deviation would just complicate business presentation in a way Zuffa and UFC wouldn't want to bother with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 am

What would of been real nice for this card would of been if there was more than 3 minutes of fighting in the first 41 minutes of the broadcast.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:28 am

It seemed like every fight had a foul or something, and many of the finishes were anti-climactic. However JDS and Jones continued their reigns of terror with good finishes so overall the card wasn't bad.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 am

Irvin was eating some fist and took a good shot but not a finisher if it missed the eye. Paul/Kongo was pretty garbage. Kongo couldn't KO him with power fists standing or knees to the face on the ground but got the out muscle wear down sub of shame. But, they got three real nice stoppages in their two hour slot so that is a success in a way.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:38 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Herb Dean zen ref ninja this night. Paul predicted Kongo's gameplan prefight.
Kongo throws dirty strikes in every fight I've seen.

Submission from elbow strikes sounds like some shit off like UFC 6 or something.

I was thinking the same thing as I was watching this fight. Kongo is either a dumbfuck or he doesn't understand the rules. I'm guessing it's the former.

Kongo robbed us of a helluva slugfest by shooting for a takedown everytime the headhunter backed into the cage. It was a good gameplan but I wish he would've banged with Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...   I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show... Empty

Back to top Go down

I was really hoping for original production out of this UFC on VS. show...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next