Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?

Go down 
+11
Ziggy116
Ludo
GDPofDRC
killerofchicken
captain organic
acccardinal12
Wolfgangsta
MMAEYES
SOKO
OU
bobbitt15
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Quote :
Over under on how long it takes wolf to try meth and lose all his teeth?
Weird, while reading your post up to this point I had the thought of "over/under how many months until Wolf is dead?"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:24 am

The Herd is talking about this now.
http://www.perkyjerky.com/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 am

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 V8-Energy-Shot-185x300
Liking this shit.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Been going through about 4 of these a week now with occasional 6-Hour Powers or Rockstars.

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Mio_energy_1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:05 pm

I haven't tried that yet. Taste good? Effective?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Taste great. Nothing works for me though. I've had a big squeeze of Mio and Coffee since waking up 2 hours ago and I am already tuckerd out, nap time coming.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 12:22 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Taste great. Nothing works for me though. I've had a big squeeze of Mio and Coffee since waking up 2 hours ago and I am already tuckerd out, nap time coming.
Yeah I know the feeling, I'm immune to all this shit now. I feel sleepy less then 1 hour after crushing a 5hr energy. That is why I switched it up to V8 for now, figured maybe a switch would help mix it up. I think it helped a little bit. But still doesn't last long at all. I'm doing V8 mornings and 5 hour Energy in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Has anyone tried this?
Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4Mu_a85bkSUpTpg6P-V__O-lcLKQBaGu2DFykYD3NoXy8AaIVbg
Back to top Go down
jimmy_shultz

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:17 pm

The only thing I think 5 hour energy is bad for is yor wallet, because this stuff is expensive. I came across an article: Is 5 hour energy bad for you and from what I read, a shot of energy barely contains 140mg caffeine, and this is clearly not enough to cause damage, even if you drank 3 shots at once.

Last edited by jimmy_shultz on Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 pm

jimmy_shultz wrote:
The only thing I think 5 hour energy is bad for is yor wallet, because this stuff is expensive. I came across an article: Is 5 hour energy bad for you and from what I read, a shot of energy barely contains 140mg caffeine, and this is clearly not enough to cause damage, even if you drank 3 shots at once.
Yeah but caffeine wouldn't be the only thing to look at. I'm sure you would get a niacin rush if you downed 3 at once. Could be dangerous for your heart at that level.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 pm

My new favorite drink

Aloe Vera Juice with Aloe Vera Flesh.

bomb bomb bomb bomb ba bomb

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 ItsTheSun-Feature
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:42 pm

OU wrote:
Has anyone tried this?
Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4Mu_a85bkSUpTpg6P-V__O-lcLKQBaGu2DFykYD3NoXy8AaIVbg
haven't but heard its nasty...
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
My new favorite drink

Aloe Vera Juice with Aloe Vera Flesh.

bomb bomb bomb bomb ba bomb

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 ItsTheSun-Feature

good god, i have to try this... the way you're making it sound it should be better than sex! lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 am

I was going to bump this thread today, but looks like I didn't have to. I found my new energy drink of choice. Rockstar Punched.
Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 154
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 pm

I hope you guys don't actually believe the TV commercial that says 72% of doctors recommend 5 Hour Energy. If you feel that tired and worn down that you need energy drinks, get off your ass and get some exercise. I'm 40, have a family, work full time and go to college and I don't ever need to drink them. It's one thing if you drink one cuz you stayed out a little late the night before, but if you need them on a daily basis, you might want to take a look at your lifestyle.

*gets off soapbox*
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Who claims they need them?
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:42 pm

No claimed that they need them, but if someone wants to know whether something is bad for them, they probably want to know if it is ok to have it on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

I usually have some form of caffeine in the morning before work. I don't really drink 5 hour energys anymore, but I'll drink one still every now and then. Sometimes I have the V-8 energy shot, sometimes I have a mocha frappaccino, sometimes I get an energy drink.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:56 pm

lately, with 5hour types, if I drink them, it is before working out, going on a ride, playing bball or before a meeting I really don't want to fall asleep in.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm still convinced a can of regular soda is 10 times worse than them though.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

I drink both of these. I doubt they are that bad for me.
Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSje7feMVZ8EsYBQ4dmU6yb0-ddDUUCnlxn80g8vyzp9ehykvZN6Q
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm

I had that Fusion one the other day, not bad. They sold it at the same 99Cents Only store I got the Aloe Vera Juice at.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:09 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I had that Fusion one the other day, not bad. They sold it at the same 99Cents Only store I got the Aloe Vera Juice at.
They have it at Wal-Mart. They have peach mango and blueberry pomegranate. I prefer the bb-pom flavor over the peach mango.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Good_s10
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:47 pm

Call me crazy. But I like the way a really cold Red Bull taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?   Are 5 hour energy's bad for you? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Are 5 hour energy's bad for you?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next